Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Appalled by illiteracy on this site

+95
dean
ministerb
gampy
ADMIN
mrranchman
whoppertwins
tport2
LeeCountyNM
silkysand
tootles
Catherine
Esther414
FactPoster
polecat
amgroup
TNman
oxglove
dreammtripper
Silvereagle
DTConcerned
chancesare
Roketman
clayf
alohajim
raiderman
DrRod
.A Drama Queen
godsfool713
fang2
globalbiz
mauih1
mitkire
Tony Mc
Parrothead
gerriann
readysetrv
Gmansaid
raidernick
sjames1
cocacola08
shareit
Terbo56
blessed2
doghouse
asmiley
aces
Cardiac99
dinarcowboy
Reev
DinarRon
prguy575
BM
Gracie
HezekiaH
his4evr2c
Alchemist
red88lx
Just Da Truth
1alaskan
Silverado
aubrey
pgo
SOYSABINA
OKie_GEM
SEBtopdog
itpaysyou
Yolanda39
heed
openmind
Capt Ron
silverstreak
wirelessguy
KAI
PALMER01
tport
AZ41
happywelshguy
Blue Dahlia
golfanytime
dinarstar
goose11
HealthScans
Splovengates
rick152
aksafeone
bjoybrandt
councy
Huscarl1
humingbyrd
revenuerog
ZZ101
Angel7
ghosthunter
FoxyRoxy
pygmalyn
99 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 Empty Re: Appalled by illiteracy on this site

Post by PALMER01 Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:40 pm

It sound to me like we need a new translation program.
one that recognizes the words go left to right. :idea:

PALMER01
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 Empty Re: Appalled by illiteracy on this site

Post by KAI Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:33 pm

goost hunner:

thees folx seems a bit hi strang. (pantys ina waad.) bestest wee ignur thems.
I'ded ratur bee rich - hay I's gots rich rite!

Go RV! Go Dinar!
KAI
KAI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by wirelessguy Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:35 pm

pygmalyn wrote:I, for one, am getting very sick of the horrible spelling, grammar and other forms of illiteracy on this site.

(That's S-I-T-E... not 'S-I-G-H-T' )

How do any of the Gurus or others bringing information or 'intel' expect to be credible if they can't even use proper English or spell correctly???

Example(s): "BELIEVE ME--OKIE AND MYSELF DOES NOT HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS-"

BUT THRU EXPERIENCE WE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP SOME OF YOU THAT HASN'T HAD THE OPPORTUNITY...

I realize, MODS, that it isn't your job to correct people's grammar or spelling...

But.... this is truly horrible!

You are appalled by the illiteracy and I am even more appalled at the the arrogance and air of superiority.
Some
of the finest people that I have known have been under educated, but
when they speak, there is great wisdom and when they pray, they reach
into the throne room of God and He responds in marvelous ways to their
appeals.

Really, I am more than appalled. I am sickened.
If
we look very closely, it is my guess that there is something missing in
your life. In fact, I know what it is - a degree of kindness.

wirelessguy

Back to top Go down

Post by humingbyrd Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:47 pm

wirelessguy

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Very Happy
humingbyrd
humingbyrd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyRoxy Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:56 pm

wirelessguy wrote:
pygmalyn wrote:I, for one, am getting very sick of the horrible spelling, grammar and other forms of illiteracy on this site.

How do any of the Gurus or others bringing information or 'intel' expect to be credible if they can't even use proper English or spell correctly???

Example(s): "BELIEVE ME--OKIE AND MYSELF DOES NOT HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS-"

BUT THRU EXPERIENCE WE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP SOME OF YOU THAT HASN'T HAD THE OPPORTUNITY...

I realize, MODS, that it isn't your job to correct people's grammar or spelling...

You are appalled by the illiteracy and I am even more appalled at the the arrogance and air of superiority.
Some
of the finest people that I have known have been under educated, but
when they speak, there is great wisdom and when they pray, they reach
into the throne room of God and He responds in marvelous ways to their
appeals.

Really, I am more than appalled. I am sickened.
If
we look very closely, it is my guess that there is something missing in
your life. In fact, I know what it is - a degree of kindness.

Aw, c'mon, wirelessguy, she does have a valid point. Illiteracy is at an all-time high in this country, and climbing. Just sayin' Smile
FoxyRoxy
FoxyRoxy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by silverstreak Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:57 pm

[b]
Spoiler:

I AINT NEVER DONE MAID BUT ONE MISTEAK IN MY LIFE AN THE MINIT I DONE IT I SEEN IT

silverstreak

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt Ron Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:06 pm

There-their-they're now, it was so quite in hear before that poast.

Capt Ron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Love one another. There are vatious reasons why mistakes on spelling occur. For myself, I work a lot on the go. I use iphone and often find mistakes in my typing but am in a hurry. If i were a stay at home mom I may have more time checking my spelling. But stay at home moms are busy too! They too may make mistakes with distractions!

Back to top Go down

Post by openmind Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:10 pm

This thread is very funny!

RON PAUL 2012

"People want to see real hope restored, not false hope hyped up!" ---Me

"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it."---Dinar Pumpers
openmind
openmind
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by heed Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:12 pm

councy wrote:I believe it is safe to say that this thread was not to insult anyone in particular, specifically anyone having learning disabilities. But for those who are NOT affected, please try to use periods, commas and check your basic spelling mistakes. Some gurus have such terrible english, that it is a waste of time to try and comprehend what they are actually saying. So, if you want to be understood and not MISUNDERSTOOD, please insure what you want to say can be understood correctly. You might even avoid starting ARGUMENTS !!!!!

I think you nailed it on the head on the most part.

I'd eliminate the "Learning Disability" phrase, as you lend yourself to modern-day's 'handling': Labeling and medicating thereafter, rather than finding what was it that one did not understand and making sure one does - it is that simple and it covers all "disabilities' (and the educational system). Using these media-hammered terms gives credence to its "authority"...

Having said that, you're hundred percent right about the responsibility of ANYONE regarding communication, regardless of their relations to others. One cannot understand what one cannot understand and it is the responsibility of the originator to ensure it IS. Which includes commas and periods and sequence of words - the majority of departures from proper communication, REGARDLESS of spelling & grammar ability, which I understand and which could be handled. I, too, just give up on reading these, cause its effect on me borders with complete chaos of the mind. Thanks for bringing it up.

Lastly - it is not about completing school or not - it is about the dumbing down of the educational system to the point where the blind is leading the blind (parents leading their children, teachers leading the children - the future of this culture).

When school becomes an Authority of Knowledge - we have lost it, as it leaves the ONE single ability one needs to be educated: ability to judge and evaluate data.

The answer: turn off TV :-) ; teach yourself and your kids to question information... but I won't get into that, talked too much anyhow :-).

To an enlightened and compassionate culture!

---
Oh, and a tip for spellcheckers: download a simple software called: WordWeb, free version: http://wordweb.info
When you highlight a word then click on the software's icon in your tray, it gives definitions or allows you to to go online to find the proper spelling/definition. It covers ANY text, whether on the net or on your hard drive. (It's a bit dumb but helpful.)
Saves my face :-)[left]

heed

Back to top Go down

Post by Yolanda39 Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:15 pm

God Bless EVERYONE!!! GO RV!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy [b]

Yolanda39

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyRoxy Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:23 pm

I think the bored is filled with very board people right now...(spell check wouldn't catch that -- lol)
FoxyRoxy
FoxyRoxy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 Empty Are you being realistic?

Post by itpaysyou Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:33 pm

I have a suggestion. Go somewhere where everything is perfect. I bet you won't find that anywhere!

I say, be appreciative for the information, websites and chats that do exist. How would you be learning as much as you have if you didn't "expose" yourself to other peoples imperfections and their desire to help you learn and understand what is going on?

Be thankful there are those who want to share, poor grammar or bad spelling...get over it.

Not picking a fight but geeezzzzzz, be realistic! :shock:

[left]

itpaysyou

Back to top Go down

Post by councy Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:38 pm

BELIEVE ME--OKIE AND MYSELF DOES NOT HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS

councy

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:43 pm

Is there a "spellcheck" button on this site? Spelling and grammar errors bug me, too, but I'm not perfect. I make mistakes, too. I think the content on a site like OOM is more important than having our papers graded!

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OKie_GEM Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:53 pm

I must be hard up, I really read all of these posts. Is there a full moon or something out today?
Adding spell check would be a nice option. Or better yet, type it on your word processing software (MSword or something) spell check, then copy and paste.
Oh well, made for interesting reading!
Ya'll have a GREAT day, and come back now, ya'hear!
OKie_GEM

OKie_GEM
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:58 pm

OKie_GEM wrote:I must be hard up, I really read all of these posts. Is there a full moon or something out today?
Adding spell check would be a nice option. Or better yet, type it on your word processing software (MSword or something) spell check, then copy and paste.
Oh well, made for interesting reading!
Ya'll have a GREAT day, and come back now, ya'hear!
OKie_GEM

OKie_GEM: This isn't bad. You should have been here the evening folks were predicting the end of the world, asteroid strikes, gigantic solar flares which would knock out all communication, government officials going down into hidey holes. Now that was one wierd night! affraid

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyRoxy Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:02 pm

SEBtopdog wrote:
OKie_GEM: This isn't bad. You should have been here the evening folks were predicting the end of the world, asteroid strikes, gigantic solar flares which would knock out all communication, government officials going down into hidey holes. Now that was one wierd night! affraid

lol! lol! lol!
FoxyRoxy
FoxyRoxy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ZZ101 Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:16 pm

openmind wrote:This thread is very funny!

Yes it IS! LOL Some great senses, cents, scents- of humor, humour, sent lmao
ZZ101
ZZ101
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SOYSABINA Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:54 pm

I can't imagine the trite things some people like to complain about. We all come here for intel, which we greatly appreciate from all those that have the character of honesty. This is shown because others risk their safety to share this intel with them, even though it is risky. Okie, et al, share this with all of us eagar souls to keep us informed, and at times, placated. I have worked for over 50 years for and with attorneys, judges, cpas, NASA scientists, and one thing that was notable about all these well-educated individuals was their atrocious spelling! These individuals have such superior knowledge that spelling is one of the last things they worry about! That's why they have secretaries!! I am sure that most of these moderators and intel providers are in the same category. they are busy persons, own their own businesses, or have positions of high responsibility, that in their haste to provide what we are all clamoring for is just to type out messages, hoping that we will kindly "forgive" their misspelled words. GIVE THEM A BREAK. How easy for others to just sit back and want to receive but to be critical of their honest efforts. That's all I have to say. Thank you.

SOYSABINA

Back to top Go down

Post by HealthScans Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:05 pm

On my last post I was responding to FoxyRoxy post. This was not my statement.

FoxyRoxy wrote:
I just don't think this is the correct forum to pick a fight over how people read and write. We don't know people's stories.

I was only responding to her remarks!

HealthScans
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyRoxy Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:10 pm

HealthScans wrote:On my last post I was responding to FoxyRoxy post. This was not my statement.

FoxyRoxy wrote:
I just don't think this is the correct forum to pick a fight over how people read and write. We don't know people's stories.

I was only responding to her remarks!

Actually, if you'll go back and read the thread, you'll see where I took that responsibility and corrected it. Smile
FoxyRoxy
FoxyRoxy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel7 Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:25 pm

Pauline Spady wrote:I can't imagine the trite things some people like to complain about. We all come here for intel, which we greatly appreciate from all those that have the character of honesty. This is shown because others risk their safety to share this intel with them, even though it is risky. Okie, et al, share this with all of us eagar souls to keep us informed, and at times, placated. I have worked for over 50 years for and with attorneys, judges, cpas, NASA scientists, and one thing that was notable about all these well-educated individuals was their atrocious spelling! These individuals have such superior knowledge that spelling is one of the last things they worry about! That's why they have secretaries!! I am sure that most of these moderators and intel providers are in the same category. they are busy persons, own their own businesses, or have positions of high responsibility, that in their haste to provide what we are all clamoring for is just to type out messages, hoping that we will kindly "forgive" their misspelled words. GIVE THEM A BREAK. How easy for others to just sit back and want to receive but to be critical of their honest efforts. That's all I have to say. Thank you.

You are one very beautiful humanbeing!!!! THANK YOU!!! Well said!

hug 👼 hug (you have just been double hugged by an angel)
Angel7
Angel7
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by SOYSABINA Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Thank you Angel7; I usually don't say anything when there is bashing, but this just got to me. We are down to the wire, people are getting sick, they are tired, stressed - and what is wrong with just showing them Christian love and support.

SOYSABINA

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyRoxy Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Um, I guess I have to say that the boards are for everybody to come in and express their opinions. I haven't seen a single person picked on in this thread for their reading or writing skills. It's just a broad, general discussion. So why are we nitpicking on people for their opinions???
FoxyRoxy
FoxyRoxy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pgo Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:04 pm

Ok, that was for the most part, a lot of fun. I had noticed a bit of all this, but I have known some very intelligent people with poor spelling skills. It really does not mean much, it is the individual person that means something, that person is of value.

Anyway, thanks for all the humor!Smile

G'nite all
pgo
pgo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by aubrey Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:13 pm

Its all Bill Gates at Microsofts fault.....if he hadn't invented "word spell" I could spell much better!
aubrey
aubrey
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by councy Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:19 pm

How quick one thinks a statement is directed at them. What message are we saying to future generations? It isn't necessary to obtain a grade 7 level of education for our children ?

As for "kindness", I think it is quite "kind" to remind ourselves and others that we should value, cherish and protect our culture and, unfortunately, this includes protecting our english language. As i stated earlier, we get "lazy" and it is easy to forget that this lazyness is being passed on to our young when we don't correct them. Please notice that I said "we get lazy" implying that I put myself in that same basket, however, I strive every day to be a bit better than I was yesterday.

Expect less - get less. Is this what we want to teach ? One does not need a college education or even to have graduated high school to know how to compose a few paragraphs to convey our thoughts.

This is not nit-picking or bashing, complaining. it is holding ourselves to higher standards.

councy

Back to top Go down

Post by aksafeone Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:34 pm

On the subject of illiteracy on this site: Did you ever wonder where all that money we pay for taxes goes? How about all that money the Federal Government says they pay for schools? Makes me wonder why they dictate all they do for the education of these children and we get seniors who can't write, read or add. I wonder if maybe the people who are in Washington City (you know the phd's etc.) who make these decisions ought to quit covering up their own incompetency and get back to the basic education we older generation "has beens" received. I know that I can read, write and do enough math to make change in my head and tell if the computerized billing on the cash register made an error and over charged me. Time for a change in Washington, and not just the politicians.
The "No one left behind" program initiated by the Fed. Education Dept. has just about handcuffed the teachers for time to make sure the kids get it and cover the entire book in the year. The decisions from Washington City in the past not only applied to education in the classroom, but also the politicians got their noses in it and all of a sudden the Pledge to the Flag disappeared, the morning non-denominational prayer went away and the old time values that made America what it once was have gone to the side of the road also.
TIME TO GET BACK TO BASICS AND THROW THE BUMS OUT OF WASHINGTON - all of them. Let's take back our country, start with the kids education and work upward OR start where we can and continue until we get back to the America that was strong, solvent, and proud. NO more president wannabes, so called educational gurus, and runaway spending politicians. CHANGE it in 2012. JMHO
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel7 Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:37 am

Pauline Spady wrote:Thank you Angel7; I usually don't say anything when there is bashing, but this just got to me. We are down to the wire, people are getting sick, they are tired, stressed - and what is wrong with just showing them Christian love and support.

Not a daggummed THING!!! People seem to be really touchy and prickly right now. Don't know why really. Even though many of us are hurting.... we still have this place to come to... to find a group of friends to play with and get away from the pressing shadows at the door.

IF we can hold it together, go to the 'rubber room' in the chat and just rant and rave for a few minutes if we need to, or just find someone here to talk to.... it would help!

I just really want to thank you! You do YOU really well. Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 2474380249
Angel7
Angel7
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverado Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:51 am

I am sincerely amazed at the volume of response this post has gotten today...

If I understand 'pygmalyn's' original post... he/she was just expressing a pet peeve about people's bad use of the English language... later expressed reasons being largely due to the disrespect of the country/language/communication/ and dumbing down going on...

And everyone has jumped all over it... I have seen more personal 'bashing' of 'pygmalyn' for expressing this opinion ... than he/she did in his/her original post...

I have seen people invoking the name of Christ accusing him/her of being 'arrogant' for simply upholding a high standard of use of our language... accusing him/her of of being a snob...

So... if we take this to the logical conclusion, and just accept the degeneration of our language...it will ultimately be the end of our culture as well... you can't have any kind of culture without the language that goes with it.

SO, someone who values and respects the language, ultimately values the culture, the people... and everyone beat them up?????

YOu people are nuts!
Silverado
Silverado

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:58 am

aaaaw I don' unnastand,did ya meen NUTZ?

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel7 Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:38 am

Silverado? I can see by your join date (and the fact that this is your first post), you have had soooooooooooooooooooooooo much time to read, spend time , talk to people, learn about this place, AND find out how wonderful it really is!

I congratulate you for being such a quick study that you would condemn all of us to the looney bin for

A. Disagreeing with each other

B. Having fun with the english language

C. Taking time to chew on a concept long enough to draw many perspectives

IF you decide to come and visit, we'll welcome you! We will NOT, however, take abuse and derision. There are lots of fine people with great intellect and humor! Stay awhile! You just might find your quick judgment was incorrect!
Angel7
Angel7
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:17 am

I have found that I do better if I'm not drinking to much when I think and type.

Which I don't do much.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverado Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:10 am

Angel 7.... from my brief review of what I've seen on the site tonight, I'm not terribly impressed by the people on it...

As an investor, I came on to see what new information I could find.

Instead, I found a whole lot of people running each other down.
Silverado
Silverado

Back to top Go down

Post by openmind Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:12 am

So how many illiterate millionaires are we gonna get? LOL

RON PAUL 2012

"People want to see real hope restored, not false hope hyped up!" ---Me

"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it."---Dinar Pumpers
openmind
openmind
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 Empty YO PYGMALYN !!!!

Post by Just Da Truth Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:32 am

YO DUDE, I JUST POSTED A LOT OF BAD SPELLING FROM THE BONDLADY !!!!! PLEASE DO NOT READ !!!!!lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Just Da Truth
Just Da Truth
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:59 am

Silverado wrote:Angel 7.... from my brief review of what I've seen on the site tonight, I'm not terribly impressed by the people on it...

You ARE speaking for yourself right?
If you cannot have a little light-hearted fun silverardo,go fly a kite somewhere,we have enough doom and gloom around us each day.
Frankly,I am very pleased this post came up,it has been enjoyed by most of us who do have a sense of humor,the rest of you goody two-shoes remind me of my late English Grammar teacher,Mr. "fishface"Salmon ( God rest his soul ) who was an excellent educator but forgot how to have fun in life.
He never won a popularity contest,and I see now that he was(is)not alone. chillout

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by humingbyrd Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:37 am

Silverado wrote:Angel 7.... from my brief review of what I've seen on the site tonight, I'm not terribly impressed by the people on it...

Well now "Silverado" come lately! First day in the forum and bringing attitude too! I would like to express a warm welcome and maybe soon departure if the folks in here don't meet up to your satisfaction!

I will be happy to share a phrase my departed dad use to share with us boys! If we didn't like the way things were going in his house then he would remind us that he hoped "The door didn't hit us in the tailend on our way out!" Very Happy Very Happy
humingbyrd
humingbyrd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:50 am

I can not believe how much attention this post is getting. So what.

Back to top Go down

Post by red88lx Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:02 am

i suppose you were born perfect sorry the rest of us are not must be rough going thru life not having any flaws
red88lx
red88lx
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by revenuerog Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:14 am

Wink
red88lx wrote:

i suppose you were born perfect sorry the rest of us are not must be rough going thru life not having any flaws

Perfect? ....try EDUCATED ...or.."Yes, I take care in the words I use"...
revenuerog
revenuerog
Elite Member
Elite Member

http://www.pileof.goldfromkb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:29 pm

I have always been a not so good speller, I used to say that is why God invented secretaries, now I say that is way God invented spell check.

Now if I would just remember to use it. See it is not my spelling, it is my memory that is the problem.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:38 pm

Poor Silverado.......It's like being invited to someone else's family reunion and being appalled by the family dynamic. The newbie doesn't get the jokes, doesn't understand that the family has healthy and spirited disagreements, and most of all doesn't realize that we all care about each other ... even if we have to use the "foe" button occasionally. Wink

Don't judge us too harshly just yet. There's plenty of interesting info about the pending Dinar RV. But we need to keep ourselves amused while we wait. No harm in that!

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 1839924927

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:12 pm

In reading all of the posts,

We as a group may not be good at spelling, grammer ect...

But we sure are witty!

Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:19 pm

Some of us use Mobile technology as well wit tiny keyboards and auto spell... etc. Perhaps the meaning behind the words has some merit.

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by his4evr2c Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Alchemist wrote:Some of us use Mobile technology as well wit tiny keyboards and auto spell... etc. Perhaps the meaning behind the words has some merit.
So check it out :study:
Enjoy the Clout about
or knock others down
Where there is Doubt
find the Crown :queen:
Many fun professional people
taking time to research and post after regular jobs -duties n families; just to give information to encourage or lighten the mood , no need to be rude. Accept us or Just get Out 🇳🇴
His2Bless ☀ :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:
his4evr2c
his4evr2c
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HezekiaH Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:03 pm

I failed Grade 5 spelling and I find it very difficult to sound out words. I basically hear them and memorize the right spelling.I do enjoy getting the words and sentence structure right.

Thanks for the great discussion. I believe it is good to use our talents to the best of our ability and help others who are less fortunate.

GO RV!!! :cheers: Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 1815401988

Wealth is what you have when all your money is gone!!!
HezekiaH
HezekiaH
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:30 pm

☀ I personally do not think a misspelled word qualifies a person to be illiterate. If they can read and write they are not illiterate. Have you ever seen a message written by a young person?? Some of them have very high iq's yet they type in code and understand it.

To each his own.....I am from the old school....was taught to read and write in 1st grade, never learned how to print, was challenged to read a lot, but guess what????I make mistakes in spelling now and again.

Be blessed, stay happy, communicate the best way you can to get your message across and let others alone that don't think the way that you think.

Let's have a great RV TODAY :cheers: ☀

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by wirelessguy Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:49 pm

HezekiaH wrote:I failed Grade 5 spelling and I find it very difficult to sound out words. I basically hear them and memorize the right spelling.I do enjoy getting the words and sentence structure right.

Thanks for the great discussion. I believe it is good to use our talents to the best of our ability and help others who are less fortunate.

GO RV!!! :cheers: Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 2 1815401988

I applaud you and that you do the best that you can with what you have. The original person posting looked down a long nose of disdain at those without the advantages that he/she may have had and I think that is totally classless.

Last edited by wirelessguy on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wrong structured sentence)

wirelessguy

Back to top Go down

Post by pgo Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:56 pm

I was lucky enough to have my grandmother for my 1st grade teacher, one day when I was overly concerned with a misspelled word, she let me know good spelling is a good thing, but not absolutely essential. Reading and writing are essential! Then I started winning spelling bees, go figure! (Do they even have them any more??)☀
pgo
pgo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum