Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Appalled by illiteracy on this site

+95
dean
ministerb
gampy
ADMIN
mrranchman
whoppertwins
tport2
LeeCountyNM
silkysand
tootles
Catherine
Esther414
FactPoster
polecat
amgroup
TNman
oxglove
dreammtripper
Silvereagle
DTConcerned
chancesare
Roketman
clayf
alohajim
raiderman
DrRod
.A Drama Queen
godsfool713
fang2
globalbiz
mauih1
mitkire
Tony Mc
Parrothead
gerriann
readysetrv
Gmansaid
raidernick
sjames1
cocacola08
shareit
Terbo56
blessed2
doghouse
asmiley
aces
Cardiac99
dinarcowboy
Reev
DinarRon
prguy575
BM
Gracie
HezekiaH
his4evr2c
Alchemist
red88lx
Just Da Truth
1alaskan
Silverado
aubrey
pgo
SOYSABINA
OKie_GEM
SEBtopdog
itpaysyou
Yolanda39
heed
openmind
Capt Ron
silverstreak
wirelessguy
KAI
PALMER01
tport
AZ41
happywelshguy
Blue Dahlia
golfanytime
dinarstar
goose11
HealthScans
Splovengates
rick152
aksafeone
bjoybrandt
councy
Huscarl1
humingbyrd
revenuerog
ZZ101
Angel7
ghosthunter
FoxyRoxy
pygmalyn
99 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 Empty Re: Appalled by illiteracy on this site

Post by pgo Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:56 pm

I was lucky enough to have my grandmother for my 1st grade teacher, one day when I was overly concerned with a misspelled word, she let me know good spelling is a good thing, but not absolutely essential. Reading and writing are essential! Then I started winning spelling bees, go figure! (Do they even have them any more??)☀

pgo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 Empty Re: Appalled by illiteracy on this site

Post by BM Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:06 pm

Bah humbug ....

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

http://simplebits.com/notebook/2004/01/16/mipellssed-wdors/ Very Happy

BM

Back to top Go down

Post by prguy575 Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:40 pm

I used to be dyslexic but now I'm K-O ! lol!

(p.s. Hi Mods.....hope ur having a good day......tehehehehe!)

prguy575

Back to top Go down

Post by DinarRon Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:52 pm

Let these people be, 'cause they sure make me feel alot smarter after I have read their posts!!!!

DinarRon

Back to top Go down

Post by Reev Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:03 pm

My main concern is determining if what is written says: RV FOR IQD AND VND - DONE. GO FOR IT. CASH IN NOW. My laptop would be on top of the roof and you would see smoke from my tires from the next county.

Reev

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarcowboy Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:13 pm

I grew up on a farm, and my dad, who was one of the smartest men I ever knew (Bless his soul) made it through the 5th grade, then went to work...it was during the Great Depression (as opposed to the Depressing Depresion that we are now experiencing). I went off to college (which I paid for myself), and when I came home we had a big family gathering. Once everyone was together (it was kind of a big deal, I was the 1st to go to college, big deal), my dad asked me to tell all something that I had "lernt at college"...I thought for a minute, and then said pi r squalr ( i don't know how to type the Pi sign), to which my dad said "well, that was a waste of time! Everybody knows that pie are round, cornbread are square".

dinarcowboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel7 Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:34 pm

tooo funny! Thanks for sharing! lololol
Angel7
Angel7
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiac99 Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:21 pm

My oldest brother never got to go to school. We were raised on a farm in eastern Oklahoma. Dad saw it as more important to keep the oldest boy home to help him do the farmwork. Right now, that oldest boy is a 67-year-old illiterate that has had to rely on his wife to read for him and write out his personal checks for the last 48 years. But that man has taught me more in my life than any bus load of college educated teachers could ever do. Going to school and learning to read and write is not everything. Learning the ways of the world is everything.
Cardiac99
Cardiac99
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by aces Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:13 pm

pygmalyn wrote:I, for one, am getting very sick of the horrible spelling, grammar and other forms of illiteracy on this site.

(That's S-I-T-E... not 'S-I-G-H-T' )

How do any of the Gurus or others bringing information or 'intel' expect to be credible if they can't even use proper English or spell correctly???

Example(s): "BELIEVE ME--OKIE AND MYSELF DOES NOT HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS-"

BUT THRU EXPERIENCE WE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP SOME OF YOU THAT HASN'T HAD THE OPPORTUNITY...

I realize, MODS, that it isn't your job to correct people's grammar or spelling...

But.... this is truly horrible!

I agree with the lack of grasp on the english language being a problem, but I see it everywhere. In today's day and age with spell check and on board computer dictionaries as well as web dictionaries it makes a person wonder if it truly is lack of education, typo's or just laziness. Either way there is always more than one way to overcome a disablility, and I just find it easier to overlook it. I try to see the message they are trying to deliver as being the most important thing. I know plenty of people who can't write or spell to the point it is almost shameful. One thing is for sure not all but most of those people are not stupid by an means, it is just a shame that they are never taken seriously. I think that their intelligence is overlooked more often than not because of their lack of word skills. I think in a way that can be another form of discrimination and truly sad.

aces

Back to top Go down

Post by asmiley Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:01 pm

If these people are truly bothered by the way other people relate to each other, weather they are word challenged, dyslexic, or cannot spell perfectly. Let them go and clone themselves a hundred times and open up there own blog spot. that way the only one that won't be making mistakes are them, and the only one that will have to see that garbage are them.

I believe people should be able to express themselves the best way they know how without always some one with a ocd problem.

asmiley

Back to top Go down

Post by revenuerog Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:25 pm

uhgga uyer umeetywa 4.50?

‎"If you think the cost of success is high, wait until you get the bill for failure."
~Charlie Ragus
revenuerog
revenuerog
Elite Member
Elite Member

http://www.pileof.goldfromkb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:30 pm

BM wrote:Bah humbug ....

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

http://simplebits.com/notebook/2004/01/16/mipellssed-wdors/ Very Happy

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!! Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 1261280965

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by doghouse Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:31 pm

give it a rest and put this subject to bed...

doghouse

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed2 Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:41 pm

To the person who started this post. Check your history. Einstein could not spell well at all!

blessed2

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:46 pm

Just make sure you take in your blanket and 'SHUT' the door on your doghouse-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shareit Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:17 pm

Since I keep seeing this post I decided to add my 2 cents.

Following eye surgery I was shocked to find out I could not see up close. I spend a lot of time either struggling to see or looking for my reading glasses.

My sister had a stroke and although she was an excellent typist, she can only peck with one hand as the other hand wimps out on her.

Many folks I know peck the keyboard one finger at a time. At least they do it.

Most of us are in a big hurry because we are overwhelmed with intel and information of all sorts from this technology. We try to get stuff posted quick.

Some of us are getting old and all of us are getting older every day.

So there are many variables such as disabilities and lack of advantages. Believe me, it gets worse as we age.

So for me, I don't mind the mistakes as long as I can understand it.

Remember, everyone isn't in the same boat.

shareit

Back to top Go down

Post by cocacola08 Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:40 pm

wirelessguy wrote:
pygmalyn wrote:...

You are appalled by the illiteracy and I am even more appalled at the the arrogance and air of superiority.
Some
of the finest people that I have known have been under educated, but
when they speak, there is great wisdom and when they pray, they reach
into the throne room of God and He responds in marvelous ways to their
appeals.

Really, I am more than appalled. I am sickened.
If
we look very closely, it is my guess that there is something missing in
your life. In fact, I know what it is - a degree of kindness.

As far as what I see on this site, I am most appalled by the way so many people here live and die by what is posted by some others that they have sheepishly began following. Begging and pleading for the "gurus" to come on and give them what they think they to hear. It's almost to the point of idolatry, and THAT makes me sick. People put no effort into actually doing any research on their own, using simple logic to see that a huge portion of "intel" that gets posted is not news, and half the stuff that is news, is completely unrelated to Iraq and their currency.

I haven't even been around here relatively long, but have watched the site make a turn toward being a hivemind of conspiracy theorists. One individual comes up with an idea and the collective just runs with it.

[/ramble][/rant]

UGH wait, I almost forgot... scratch all that other stuff... The thing I hate most is people who put LOL at the end of EVERY POST in chat, or 4 gazillion emoticons in a forum post.

cocacola08

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:52 pm

So what's your point? Surely if the MODS hadn't intended 4 people 2 use the emoticons, they wouldn't have put them in here 4 people 2 use now,would they, Oh' and by the way- if you do have any worthwhile intel, Please, by all means BRING IT!
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sjames1 Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:57 pm

hillbilly literacy test

c m duks
m rnt duks
o s a r c m wangs
l i b m r duks

I am a hillbilly from east Tn. so I am not laughing at anyone, just
laughing with them.

sjames1

Back to top Go down

Post by raidernick Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:09 pm

I LIKE THE WAY YOU TALK!!

NOW I'M GONNA GET ME SOME OF DEM FRENCH FRIED PATATAS

:albino:

raidernick
raidernick
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by revenuerog Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:52 pm

EAST TENNESSEE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) :cheers: Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 3079029344

‎"If you think the cost of success is high, wait until you get the bill for failure."
~Charlie Ragus
revenuerog
revenuerog
Elite Member
Elite Member

http://www.pileof.goldfromkb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cocacola08 Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:54 pm

terbo56@yahoo.com wrote:So what's your point? Surely if the MODS hadn't intended 4 people 2 use the emoticons, they wouldn't have put them in here 4 people 2 use now,would they, Oh' and by the way- if you do have any worthwhile intel, Please, by all means BRING IT!

Emoticons are great to help get your idea across, 40 of them is just annoying.

To your second point, at no time in my post did I ever say I had good information that has not already been posted. I do not have direct contacts of any power in any government agency (USA or any other nation) or at banks. I do read most of what gets posted, and am thankful for those who put in that time, do the work and have those contacts. What I don't do is sit here begging like a crack addict waiting for that fix. And as soon as someone posts something that has even just a shred of feel good to it, run with it and scream with joy that "today is the day". I do believe this will happen. I have my own feelings on potential rates, using my limited knowledge of the financial world, and more specifically currency exchange.
Someone made a brilliant post not too long ago (I'll search here and recaps to remember who and edit this post to give credit where it's due) about how some people are getting severely addicted to this and other RV related sites.
I do try to post factual responses to posts that try to make claims that they have breaking Earth-shattering RV news (The latest being HERE and HERE (Both of which are threads you at least read a little of as you posted in them)), that with some simple fact checking show that the info is completely false, not new, or at the very least has ZERO effect on the RV.

On a loosely-related note, but one that is affecting me directly:
I know that some people are so hard on luck at the moment that they are surviving by a thread, and I feel bad for those folks. Many of these may be the ones who are addicted to every word that comes out of these guru's mouths. I've put my time in eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch and dinner for weeks at a time, and lost my house through no fault of my own. I pray that those in that situation make it to they day they are able to exchange at a new rate. I also pray that once they do get a new-found wealth, that they are smart enough to not find themselves right back in the same situation. Some of the thoughtless posts that show up make me really concerned that many, many dinar holders will VERY quickly roll through everything they have and be broke once again. I could easily see myself in a similar situation, by running out a buying up more IQD when I see a 99.9% sure it's today, or a "plan to wake up to your gift", but I know exactly how much I need to pay my bills and put food on the table. Therefore I only hold what many here would probably think is a uselessly small amount

The moral of the story... Be smart, do your own research, make your own decisions, don't let anyone else make them for you. I'm positive that nearly all of the "gurus" have made nearly the exact same statement.

Found found the post mentioned above: The Dinar Dictionary

Last edited by cocacola08 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link as promised)

cocacola08

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:11 pm

I applaud you for that-I spent about the same, and have been tempted several times to take a beating on a few of them, just to help myself, and to be totally honest, I hope this is done soon, because i'm really just about all frazzled out over'It's gonna be the end of this week, then it's not going to be no later than,? you know what I mean? And its taking a toll on everyone- Only time will tell, I guess,right?
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Amazing,

6 pages on spelling, I thought I was finished with school, I guess I was wrong.

But some ae funny.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:44 pm

1alaskan wrote:Amazing,

But some ae funny.

1alaskan: You've got 7 gold stars by your name, so you're all good. Here are some blue ones for good measure.

⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 3 Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:17 pm

:cheers:
SEBtopdog wrote:

But some ae funny.

1alaskan: You've got 7 gold stars by your name, so you're all good. Here are some blue ones for good measure.

⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gmansaid Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:54 pm

terbo56 wrote:We shouldn't be too terribly impressed by someone that only has 2 posts and does not think before he attacks, and says he sees people running others down- Ok,LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE DOING-You always should remember-2 wrongs DON'T make a right-2 Wrights made an airplane-Maybe you should go Fly to D-Vets- You'd fit PERFECTLY!

You are perfect fit for Welcoming Committee Director, terbo56.

Gmansaid
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by readysetrv Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:41 pm

There grammar is as good as their intel!!! horrible lol

readysetrv
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel7 Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:43 pm

Is that THERE, THEIR or THEY'RE????

lololol!
Angel7
Angel7
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:16 pm

Who, or is it whom?

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gerriann Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:20 pm

then stay far,far away from this site,This site is for real people. chillout

gerriann

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:25 pm

Gmansaid- I appreciate the sediment-[LOL]!!!
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Parrothead Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:44 pm

blessed2 wrote:To the person who started this post. Check your history. Einstein could not spell well at all!

Yes, but he didn't give up because he didn't get it by 18 years of age. He continued to learn his entire life. Now that is inspirational!

Parrothead

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Mc Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:22 am

Before there was spell check people had to learn how to spell. Maybe we are looking in the wrong place for the cause?

Tony Mc

Back to top Go down

Post by mitkire Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:45 am

pygmalyn wrote: How do any of the Gurus or others bringing information or 'intel' expect to be credible if they can't even use proper English or spell correctly???

You just answered your own question.

mitkire
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mauih1 Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:55 am

I just joined this "blog" site, and the first posting that got my attention was this one. Impressive and insightful... and I love it!

Yes, I’m one of those slobs who gets by on only two to three hours of sleep a night, so if not for the internet, my life would surely be less ‘filled’, if you know what I mean. "Thank you internet!"

I’m sure that, even my meager posting and response, will be critiqued and torn apart. However, please bear in mind while you are doing so, that I’m not a teacher of the english language, nor am I a professional proof reader, so cut me some slack, and be easy on me. OK?

Just some thoughts of my own on all this:

I’ve read through all the postings here on this thread. And, at times, I’ve had a few laughs at some of the very clever and witty responses, and at others, found myself agreeing with what was being conveyed. The use of the english language in the USA is very appalling.

‘FoxyRoxy’ commented on how bad things have become in the media. She’s more right then she realizes. Even movies are famous for this. What I’m referring to is not the actor or actresses (yes, I did use the old fashioned word, actresses) interpretation of their character’s personality, but instead, the incorrect word usage written into the scripts. Word’s and phrases that have become so common place in their blatant misuse, that most people don’t even notice it, let alone understand what I’m referring to when I do bring it up. Just one example: ‘anxious’ for the word ‘eager’... anxious >adj. experiencing worry or unease,-ORIGIN from Latin. anxius (from angere 'to choke'), and the other word; eager >adj. strongly wanting to do or have, -ORIGIN from OldFrench. aigre 'keen'. (yes, I did copy that directly from the dictionary to make sure I didn’t mess it up myself). "Hey Bob, aren’t you anxious to finally get some vacation time off and go fishing, like you’ve been wanting for years now?"

I could take it even one step farther. I’m not a very religious man, as I see so many are here on this site... and I DO applaud them for being so. It’s just not my lifestyle. However, the blatant misuse, and abusive use of the lord’s name in vain appals me to no end. It has become so common place that I even hear it in cartoons for kids, and supposed "dyed in the wool" religious people throwing it around with absolutely no idea of what they are saying, or what it should actually mean to them. In fact, most people don’t realize they have said it, let alone in vain.

I own and run a company, and trust me, I can be just as "potty" mouthed as the next guy, and I’m surely not religious, however, that is something I won’t even allow my customers or clients to do in front of me. It offends me that we have become numb to the very personage who has put us here and given us all that we are and have, that we would use his name in vain as a common-every-day-no-big-deal term. (I’m sorry to have offended those that feel any use of His name is not considered in vain... if, "they mean it") Just try substituting your mom, or dad’s name, in place of our Lord’s, and then you will realize how ridiculous you sound, and you might even think twice before using it next time... just a thought.

However, I seem to have wandered a bit here.

I would like to say that I do a lot of international traveling, and it always get’s to me when I have to put up with all the off handed comments and jokes about how "American’s are famous for inventing things, especially the poor usage of their own language". We are laughed at internationally because we can invent and market such things as the computer and the majority of the programs used in the world today, or send incredibly technical machinery into space, or develop the first artificial heart, but can’t seem to use our own language correctly.

To quote ‘councy’, "The reason is pure and simple laziness!", and, "Stop being mentally lazy! Your brain is a muscle - exercise it." Further, ‘pygmalyn’ wrote, "For me, it's a matter of respect 1) for my country, 2) for the language of my country 3) for communication in general and 4) communication to individuals specifically.", "I am also sick to death of the 'acceptability' of the dumbing down of our country."

Kudos... very well put! It raises my hopes for us, as American’s... there really is more intelligence in us then what we project to the rest of the world.

(Sorry about the long posting... when my mind gets going, I run with it)
mauih1
mauih1

Back to top Go down

Post by globalbiz Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:20 am

WoW..I don't know what we would do without the writing, grammar and spelling police..thank God they are...so...very diliogent..(opps spelling - diligent).

Oh by the way, I'm 55 years old, have traveled the globe extensively and currently an internet marketer. I have never had a typing lesson in my life and make bunches of typos that often seem like spelling or grammar errors.

Here are 3 steps to better spelling and grammar for you;

1) take ALL posts, copy them to a word document
2) hit spell check
3) have anyone else in the house read the post and correct any errant grammar
4) now read the post for yourself.

there....problem solved..

globalbiz
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:53 pm

Global,

that sounds like work, what fun is that?

Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mitkire Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:58 pm

global! nothing like, do it right or don't do it at all. i'm with most of your method. but i suspect you are being mostly sarcastic.

mitkire
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:16 pm

Oh, he was right, just sounds like work

Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by councy Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:25 pm

Great attitude GlobalBiz!!! I wonder how you'll feel when you wake up one morning and suddenly notice English no longer exists? How else do you think a language is preserved? With the continuing slaughtering of the language and the increased passiveness of educators.... POOF you'll all be speaking ..... FRENCH !!! (LOL)

councy

Back to top Go down

Post by fang2 Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:30 pm

What happen to my post?

Fang2
fang2
fang2
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:36 pm

Two observations,

1 The cat is very litterate
2 There is more mispelling and misattribution of language on this thread, mostly on purpase...

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by godsfool713 Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:36 pm

thank you , from calle. did i spell wright >????? oh chit!!!

globalbiz wrote:WoW..I don't know what we would do without the writing, grammar and spelling police..thank God they are...so...very diliogent..(opps spelling - diligent).

Oh by the way, I'm 55 years old, have traveled the globe extensively and currently an internet marketer. I have never had a typing lesson in my life and make bunches of typos that often seem like spelling or grammar errors.

Here are 3 steps to better spelling and grammar for you;

1) take ALL posts, copy them to a word document
2) hit spell check
3) have anyone else in the house read the post and correct any errant grammar
4) now read the post for yourself.

there....problem solved..
godsfool713
godsfool713
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by .A Drama Queen Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:45 pm

...point well taken.

.A Drama Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by mauih1 Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:29 pm

As I continue to read this thread, I see the problem we're all experiencing with the butchering of our own language, obviously isn't from those here. What I see, is very much on purpose... And ALL of this is VERY entertaining, to say the least. I love the attitudes you all seem to have!

Sooooooo many well expressed points, and great opinions. Which is what makes this great old USA so wonderful!

If you really want to see some butchering of the english language, and some good laughs, while scratching your head trying to figure out what's being said, try reading the blogs from sites that are primarily English, and Australian... Wow!
mauih1
mauih1

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:33 pm

Since this is about language, I'd like to share a tidbit from an attorney friend, in the category of trivia.

I can't say the word, but it comes from an old legal term, "for unlawful carnal knowledge."

Also, English, the Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson is a great book!

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by his4evr2c Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:08 pm

SEBtopdog wrote:

But some are funny.

Oh Teacher: I want a star; may I please have a star? ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
lol * Really oh good Grief :geek: @Mods :study: Please put this subject to bed already Sleep Sleep Sleep ; Not watching anymore on this topic...
Watching "My Fair Lady" tee hee hee @Mods Good job :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
HIS2BLESS ☀ :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: Lord Jesus: You said You will lay up the Wealth of the Wicked for the Righteous so We Thank you for the Wealth and Give you The Honor,Glory Due Your Name Jehovah Jireh our Provider, Jehovah Nissi You reign in Victory Jehovah Shalom-Our Prince of Peace, Righteousness and for Our Blessing in Jesus Holy Matchless Name Amen.
⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐ Very Happy ⭐[/quote]
his4evr2c
his4evr2c
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by councy Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:45 pm

I'm sorry to hear that this subject does not appear important to you.

I believe we all have room for improvement. We should apply ourselves to whatever we do. Do we believe we are above improvement?

councy

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:25 pm

councy wrote:I'm sorry to hear that this subject does not appear important to you.

I believe we all have room for improvement. We should apply ourselves to whatever we do. Do we believe we are above improvement?

Nope ... We're not above improvement. We're not above a bit of wicked humor either. I'm reminded of some great advice: "Don't sweat the small stuff."

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by councy Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:31 pm

It is a sad day when we call illiteracy "small stuff"

... whatever floats your boat ........ I guess that's why they make Fruit Loops

councy

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum