Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Appalled by illiteracy on this site

+95
dean
ministerb
gampy
ADMIN
mrranchman
whoppertwins
tport2
LeeCountyNM
silkysand
tootles
Catherine
Esther414
FactPoster
polecat
amgroup
TNman
oxglove
dreammtripper
Silvereagle
DTConcerned
chancesare
Roketman
clayf
alohajim
raiderman
DrRod
.A Drama Queen
godsfool713
fang2
globalbiz
mauih1
mitkire
Tony Mc
Parrothead
gerriann
readysetrv
Gmansaid
raidernick
sjames1
cocacola08
shareit
Terbo56
blessed2
doghouse
asmiley
aces
Cardiac99
dinarcowboy
Reev
DinarRon
prguy575
BM
Gracie
HezekiaH
his4evr2c
Alchemist
red88lx
Just Da Truth
1alaskan
Silverado
aubrey
pgo
SOYSABINA
OKie_GEM
SEBtopdog
itpaysyou
Yolanda39
heed
openmind
Capt Ron
silverstreak
wirelessguy
KAI
PALMER01
tport
AZ41
happywelshguy
Blue Dahlia
golfanytime
dinarstar
goose11
HealthScans
Splovengates
rick152
aksafeone
bjoybrandt
councy
Huscarl1
humingbyrd
revenuerog
ZZ101
Angel7
ghosthunter
FoxyRoxy
pygmalyn
99 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 Empty Re: Appalled by illiteracy on this site

Post by councy Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:31 pm

It is a sad day when we call illiteracy "small stuff"

... whatever floats your boat ........ I guess that's why they make Fruit Loops

councy

Back to top Go down

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 Empty Re: Appalled by illiteracy on this site

Post by SEBtopdog Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:36 pm

councy wrote:It is a sad day when we call illiteracy "small stuff"

One last try, then I'm through. If you've gone back and read through this thread, most of the "illiteracy" consists of simple typographical errors. This is quick communication. It's not business writing. It's not for credit. We're not trying to get loans or impress people. We're here to discuss the RV and have some fun along the way. It's too bad to be so bothered by, yes I'll say it again ... "the small stuff". Lighten up. You'll live longer. :geek:

By the by, Fruit Loops are ghastly. :face:

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DrRod Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:57 pm

pygmalyn wrote:I, for one, am getting very sick of the horrible spelling, grammar and other forms of illiteracy on this site.

(That's S-I-T-E... not 'S-I-G-H-T' )

How do any of the Gurus or others bringing information or 'intel' expect to be credible if they can't even use proper English or spell correctly???

Example(s): "BELIEVE ME--OKIE AND MYSELF DOES NOT HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS-"

BUT THRU EXPERIENCE WE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP SOME OF YOU THAT HASN'T HAD THE OPPORTUNITY...

I realize, MODS, that it isn't your job to correct people's grammar or spelling...

But.... this is truly horrible!

AMEN! Maybe one of the reasons that the spelling and grammer is so sub-standard is because the USA has had a significant deterioration in its public education system (all states). People might be surprised to know that the average grade reading level in the USA for the entire popluation is between 8th and 9th grade. Also, something which most may not realize is that... 40% of the US population is either low-literate or illiterate, based on reading only at the 8th grade level or lower, respectively.

There is much research which I could quote/cite here concerning literacy in the US, but it wouldn't do much good and probably land on deaf ears... The bottom line is that there is a problem with education in the US and this site is a reflection of the population... The good, the bad and the ugly (English that is!)... BUT, I do believe that the hearts of those who post in the forums and chats have noble intentions and do much to help us on our journey toward financial wealth.

We have to do our best to help those who can't read or write well, but in this (almost a public forum) chat room, we have to forget it and move on... While the mods do a good job on the technical aspects of the forums and chat room, they really don't have the time to correct people. By the way... some of the most glaring errors are made by some of the mods and wingmen... I do understand your comments. Maybe when the Dinar RVs, we can set up a classroom to help people learn English.

No-body evr sed that a milyonair had to spel rite... Jus long as the chek he write, cleers da banc. Ifin he gots mony, he can git somone wit lernin to rite for'im. No wat I mean? If ya don't no, jus ax me... LOL

Patience my friend... In the end, when you cash in yur Dinnars, it won't mater. You can look bac on this jerney in the chat rum, and have a good laf...

Dr Rod
Grateful for My Blessings

DrRod

Back to top Go down

Post by raiderman Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:16 am

councy wrote:How quick one thinks a statement is directed at them. What message are we saying to future generations? It isn't necessary to obtain a grade 7 level of education for our children ?

As for "kindness", I think it is quite "kind" to remind ourselves and others that we should value, cherish and protect our culture and, unfortunately, this includes protecting our english language. As i stated earlier, we get "lazy" and it is easy to forget that this lazyness is being passed on to our young when we don't correct them. Please notice that I said "we get lazy" implying that I put myself in that same basket, however, I strive every day to be a bit better than I was yesterday.

Expect less - get less. Is this what we want to teach ? One does not need a college education or even to have graduated high school to know how to compose a few paragraphs to convey our thoughts.

This is not nit-picking or bashing, complaining. it is holding ourselves to higher standards.

Councy...you have misspelled the word "laziness" in a couple of your posts while suggesting the use of SpellCheck.

raiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by alohajim Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:26 am

Appalled at the failure to indent new paragraphs, as well.

alohajim
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 Empty Dont worry

Post by clayf Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:04 am

alohajim wrote:Appalled at the failure to indent new paragraphs, as well.
Think of other things,you'll be better off.(there! is it better for you now)Is everything correct now , not on this planet ............OCD :cyclops:
clayf
clayf
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:42 am

Another good book, "The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America"
DrRod wrote:
pygmalyn wrote:I, for one, am getting very sick of the horrible spelling, grammar and other forms of illiteracy on this site.

How do any of the Gurus or others bringing information or 'intel' expect to be credible if they can't even use proper English or spell correctly???

Example(s): "BELIEVE ME--OKIE AND MYSELF DOES NOT HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS-"

BUT THRU EXPERIENCE WE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP SOME OF YOU THAT HASN'T HAD THE OPPORTUNITY...

I realize, MODS, that it isn't your job to correct people's grammar or spelling...

AMEN! Maybe one of the reasons that the spelling and grammer is so sub-standard is because the USA has had a significant deterioration in its public education system (all states). People might be surprised to know that the average grade reading level in the USA for the entire popluation is between 8th and 9th grade. Also, something which most may not realize is that... 40% of the US population is either low-literate or illiterate, based on reading only at the 8th grade level or lower, respectively.

There is much research which I could quote/cite here concerning literacy in the US, but it wouldn't do much good and probably land on deaf ears... The bottom line is that there is a problem with education in the US and this site is a reflection of the population... The good, the bad and the ugly (English that is!)... BUT, I do believe that the hearts of those who post in the forums and chats have noble intentions and do much to help us on our journey toward financial wealth.

We have to do our best to help those who can't read or write well, but in this (almost a public forum) chat room, we have to forget it and move on... While the mods do a good job on the technical aspects of the forums and chat room, they really don't have the time to correct people. By the way... some of the most glaring errors are made by some of the mods and wingmen... I do understand your comments. Maybe when the Dinar RVs, we can set up a classroom to help people learn English.

No-body evr sed that a milyonair had to spel rite... Jus long as the chek he write, cleers da banc. Ifin he gots mony, he can git somone wit lernin to rite for'im. No wat I mean? If ya don't no, jus ax me... LOL

Patience my friend... In the end, when you cash in yur Dinnars, it won't mater. You can look bac on this jerney in the chat rum, and have a good laf...

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by councy Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:21 am

SEBtopdog wrote:
councy wrote:It is a sad day when we call illiteracy "small stuff"

One last try, then I'm through. If you've gone back and read through this thread, most of the "illiteracy" consists of simple typographical errors. This is quick communication. It's not business writing. It's not for credit. We're not trying to get loans or impress people. We're here to discuss the RV and have some fun along the way. It's too bad to be so bothered by, yes I'll say it again ... "the small stuff". Lighten up. You'll live longer. :geek:

By the by, Fruit Loops are ghastly. :face:

No one, and I mean no one, was referring to the errors on THIS thread ! How could that possibly be? Look at the title of the topic ! Good Lord, stop wearing your hearts on your sleeves thinking that the ORIGINAL comment was referring to the people who replied to the post ! It it throughout the forum and specifically from some "guru" who do not know when to use the word weather or whether ! And if this seems to be small stuff to you .....

councy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel7 Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:52 am

Frankly? This thread has been one of the most... FUNNEST that we have going here! The levity and laughter has been worth every minute spent trying to translate the slaughtered 'ingulish' that our creative friends have placed here!
Angel7
Angel7
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Roketman Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:36 am

SEBtopdog wrote:
councy wrote:I'm sorry to hear that this subject does not appear important to you.

I believe we all have room for improvement. We should apply ourselves to whatever we do. Do we believe we are above improvement?

Nope ... We're not above improvement. We're not above a bit of wicked humor either. I'm reminded of some great advice: "Don't sweat the small stuff."

Don't sweat the petty things....just....pet the sweaty things.
Roketman
Roketman

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:40 am

Alchemist wrote:Two observations,

1 The cat is very litterate
2 There is more mispelling and misattribution of language on this thread, mostly on purpase...

I would like you to meet "Noone."

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:41 am

"No one, and I mean no one, was referring to the errors on THIS thread ! How could that possibly be? Look at the title of the topic ! Good Lord,"

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:50 am

OK- I'll ask the dog if he DIGGS it!
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roketman Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:03 pm

[quote="Alchemist"]

I would like you to meet "Noone."

I like the western movie - My Name Is Nobody

Movie quote: Nobody, but "Nobody," knows the trouble he's in!
Roketman
Roketman

Back to top Go down

Post by chancesare Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:08 pm

....... get over it~!

chancesare

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:30 pm

Three posts- and here's another one-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel7 Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:31 pm

chancesare wrote:....... get over it~!

or threw it?
Angel7
Angel7
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:33 pm

LOL! Indeed!
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DrRod Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:27 pm

Angel7 wrote:Frankly? This thread has been one of the most... FUNNEST that we have going here! The levity and laughter has been worth every minute spent trying to translate the slaughtered 'ingulish' that our creative friends have placed here!

"FUNNEST" HMMMMM?

Dr Rod

DrRod

Back to top Go down

Post by DTConcerned Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:31 pm

Thou doest not begin to comprehend the depth of the corruption of language that begins to affront thee here. Our "American English" has come a long way down the path of linguistic corruption to become what we consider correct, and it continues to devolve, evolve, change. There are many factors impacting the way people write when they post or speak hurried communication and while literacy does impact credibility in a cursory manner, the intelligent reader can observe past that to the content and validity of what is being said. We need to consider root causes of illiterate communication, sources of the information that effects the subject, and content of what is being posted consistently by our sources.

1. What are root causes for illiterate communication? The language you were raised with and while non-english languaages do impact this, that is not what I mean. If you were raised hearing "Git 'er done", that is the language you will transcend to in hurried communications and verbal communication, that does not invalidate what youare saying, but does validate the language infractions. Those who were raised speaking a non-English language, that is rather self explanatory, everything is different when trying to comminicate in English. Yes, there are also the factors of disabilities and level of education, these also do not define the intelligence of the communicator or the validity of their information.

2. Consider the source of the information being provided. Sure it is great to get information directly from the individual in control of an event, but they may be just presenting you with smoke, a cover story, information to keep what they need secure safe. On the other hand the individual pouring the glasses of water during the meeting may not have language skills and may even lack in intellectual expertise, but when they hear during a meeting, "we will do this on Tuesday" their information when shared using poor English and Grammar will have more validity then the "Highest Source" of smoke and mirrors. The source of the information must be considered for what they might actually know and what their motivations might be for providing information.

3. If the source of information has posted frequently, this is a measure of reliability of how you can trust the validity of what they are saying. Simply put if the source has been consistently correct in the information they have brought, the validity of new information can be more readily trusted, if they have been consistently wrong, well, they lose credibility. How well they speak of use language will no longer matter either way as far as trusting the content of what they are saying. There is a little more to consider, such as justifiable viability of prior information becoming wrong. If I told you your package is on this train and it will arrive at your station on Tuesday I have confirmed this from multiple sources, the shipping company, the loading crew from the train and the trains cargo manifest, this would appear to be valid supported information. Now for an unexpected reason the train does not stop and your package was not delivered. the information was accurate and correct when I gave it to you, but the viability of the information becoming wrong can be clearly seen. The package is still on the train and the sources of information and confirmation were correct, but the delivery was wrong because th train did not stop. I can still tell you optional methods the package can come back and tentative dates based on the mechanics of those options taking place, but this would be speculation until such time I have confirmed information.

The point being literacy does not impact the validity of truth to the information being presented especially when shared in hurried communications.

Don’t ride the hype, use wisdom. Live life in the now, hope for the future, and use wisdom in dealing with the affairs of men.
DTConcerned
DTConcerned

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel7 Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:32 pm

DrRod wrote:
"FUNNEST" HMMMMM?

YUP!!! I just love the movie.... Legally Blonde and until SHE said it, I'd never heard that term before! I mean, what could possibly describe MORE Fun, than

Funner or Funnest????? Laughing
Angel7
Angel7
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvereagle Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:37 pm

GET OVER IT: SOME OF WHAT IS CONSIDERED ILLITERATE IS JUST NOT GOOD TYPING. WHO CARES ABOUT THE GRAMMAR OR ERRORS IN WORDING? JUST BE THANKFUL THAT SOME CARE ENOUGH TO HELP KEEP US INFORMED. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, FIND ANOTHER SITE OR FOR THAT MATTER, START ONE YOURSELF; SEE HOW FAR YOU WILL GET.

Silvereagle

Back to top Go down

Post by dreammtripper Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Pygmaln.......Appalled is a very strong ANGRY WORD....filled with judgement and void of compassion, empathy and humility for your fellow brothers and sisters.

If you don't know, everyone is a mirror for us all....what is staring back at you?
What lessons might you learn if you were coming from YOUR HIGHEST!!

The more we judge others, the more we get judged...MIRROR MIRROR.....

Have a blessed day
DreamTripper

dreammtripper

Back to top Go down

Post by oxglove Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:58 pm

Wutz rong? I reelee lyke this webside!

See past the grammar and listen to the message(s) given.

Anyone with an issue regarding the grammar etc., can pay for lessons after the RV for those in need Laughing

Have a great day!

oxglove

Back to top Go down

Post by DrRod Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Angel7 wrote:
DrRod wrote:
"FUNNEST" HMMMMM?

YUP!!! I just love the movie.... Legally Blonde and until SHE said it, I'd never heard that term before! I mean, what could possibly describe MORE Fun, than

Funner or Funnest????? Laughing

Thanks Angel7... You are very correct in that this has been one of the "funnest" threads in all of the forums...

Seems people have all sorts of opinions about this. To some the idea of correct grammar and spelling is of some importance, while to others it is not very important at all.

Thanks

Dr Rod

DrRod

Back to top Go down

Post by Gmansaid Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:33 pm

raiderman wrote:
councy wrote:How quick one thinks a statement is directed at them. What message are we saying to future generations? It isn't necessary to obtain a grade 7 level of education for our children ?

As for "kindness", I think it is quite "kind" to remind ourselves and others that we should value, cherish and protect our culture and, unfortunately, this includes protecting our english language. As i stated earlier, we get "lazy" and it is easy to forget that this lazyness is being passed on to our young when we don't correct them. Please notice that I said "we get lazy" implying that I put myself in that same basket, however, I strive every day to be a bit better than I was yesterday.

Expect less - get less. Is this what we want to teach ? One does not need a college education or even to have graduated high school to know how to compose a few paragraphs to convey our thoughts.

This is not nit-picking or bashing, complaining. it is holding ourselves to higher standards.

Councy...you have misspelled the word "laziness" in a couple of your posts while suggesting the use of SpellCheck.

"Do as I say, not as I do ."

Gmansaid
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by oxglove Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:45 pm

terbo56 wrote:Don't be a basty nastid-

Hay terbo, wach yor langwedge!

oxglove

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel7 Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:54 pm

oxglove wrote:
Hay terbo, wach yor langwedge!

Ohhhhhhhhh you get LOTS of stars for this one!!! VERY well done! Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 1499845164
Angel7
Angel7
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by TNman Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:16 pm

No one (or is it noone) will read this because we are already at page 7. I'm putting in my two cents (since, sense) worth anyway. The spelling and grammar on this site (sight, cite) is not just prevalent to this site. Of course, you already knew (new) that, didn't you? But then again, it is always good to hear (here) from you. There (their, they're) are those that have a problem understanding when they're correct to use "their", but that is their prerogative, I suppose.

Then (than) there are those that have a problem with conjunctions and (an) they also use those incorrectly. Maybe spell check would (wood) catch those errors. Some people just type to fill (feel) space. Some won't (want) to hear (here) this but it is the plain (plane) truth. Some would break (brake) their necks to correct any misuse of words. That is the truth, the whole (hole) truth and nothing but the truth.

One thing you can believe is the fact that there are more than two (to, too) people that have the problem of not knowing the correct word. I know (no) for a fact that there are many.

Reading all of the misspelled and incorrectly used words will not make me sell (sale, sail) my dinars. It is just confirmation (conformation) that I have made the correct decision.

Now, the one I want to meet (meat) is this guy "Noone" ( I suppose it is pronounced as "Nunnie"). I'm always reading that Noone knows when the RV will happen and Noone knows what the rate will be. If we can just find him, he will tell us what we need (knead) to know. Maybe, just maybe, we will meet him next week (weak).

In difference to what some people have said, I think very strongly that the problem lies within our school systems. I do agree with the person(s) that stated that more political correctness is being taught and less 3Rs.

Now, I have only a high school education. I'm sure that the 99% that are smarter than I will grade my grammar and let me know that I too made a failing grade. I do, however, know that there is no such word as "noone". Therefore, it is unlikely that we will ever find Nunnie for our answers.
TNman
TNman
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel7 Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:55 pm

I do believe that noone is old english for mid day! Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 949729897
Angel7
Angel7
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by councy Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:21 pm

gmansaid:

in reply to "Do as I say, not as I do ."

You are absolutely correct. Thank you for pointing out my mistake. I truly appreciate it. Smile

councy

Back to top Go down

Post by amgroup Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:36 pm

I've been wanting to say that for awhile , but...

It's amazing how so called 'gurus' get their singulars and plurals messed up, constantly. I thought we were supposed to learn that in first grade, if not kindergarden. It drives me nuts, and I'm not even a grammar teacher.

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 1_strict-teacher

The one that I see over and over: "There are one thing..." and even "Prayers changes things"

The teacher is NOT pleased!

"I need to see you after class."
amgroup
amgroup

Back to top Go down

Post by polecat Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:03 pm

so go to ptr
polecat
polecat
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by mauih1 Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:14 am

And, not to abnegate, or derogate from any of this... but this is my opinion:

For those of us who think we’ve got it all figured out, and can’t tolerate the rest of us (notice the referral’s to ‘us’), I say, "You are an apogenous, bovaristic, coprolalial, dasypygal, excerebros, facinorous, gnathonic, hircine, ithyphallic, jumentous, kyphotic, labrose, mephitic, napiform, oligophrenial, papuliferous, quisquilian, rebarbative, saponaceous, thersitical, unguinous, ventripotent, wlatsome, xylocephalous, yirning zoophyte."

Figure that one out... and yes, every word is a real word. LOL (as in: Laughing Out Loud, for us new people, and not, Little Old Lady)... another good old American invention: acronyms (almost an acronym, but not quite) through texting.
mauih1
mauih1

Back to top Go down

Post by TNman Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:42 am

mauih 1: I am definitely impressed with the words I have never heard. I'll make it a point to find them in my on-line dictionary.

I read a good one today. This person wants to be put in a "comma" and wake up when the RV is done. I suppose that is better than being put in a "period".
TNman
TNman
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TNman Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:47 am

Mauich 1...uh oh. The first two words that I copied and pasted in my on-line dictionary are not in there. I stopped after that. I will need a more sophisticated dictionary.
TNman
TNman
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by councy Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:53 am

mauih1 wrote:And, not to abnegate, or derogate from any of this... but this is my opinion:

For those of us who think we’ve got it all figured out, and can’t tolerate the rest of us (notice the referral’s to ‘us’), I say, "You are an apogenous, bovaristic, coprolalial, dasypygal, excerebros, facinorous, gnathonic, hircine, ithyphallic, jumentous, kyphotic, labrose, mephitic, napiform, oligophrenial, papuliferous, quisquilian, rebarbative, saponaceous, thersitical, unguinous, ventripotent, wlatsome, xylocephalous, yirning zoophyte."

Figure that one out... and yes, every word is a real word. LOL (as in: Laughing Out Loud, for us new people, and not, Little Old Lady)... another good old American invention: acronyms (almost an acronym, but not quite) through texting.

I simply love it! Maybe this comment would have some merit if only, the definition of some of these words applied !

P.S. Its excerebrose ... not excerebros

councy

Back to top Go down

Post by mauih1 Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:57 am

councy said:

"I simply love it! Maybe this comment would have some merit if only, the definition of some of these words applied !

P.S. Its excerebrose ... not excerebros"

Thank you! Councy, you are so correct. I'm a victim of this very thread. Kudos!

As you can see, my spell checker hasn't a clue. So, please excuse my own typo.

However, if you know the meaning of everything I said, you might agree that it does apply to what I prefaced it with.

The rest of you who have tried to find the meaning of what I've said above, should try Wikipedia, or some more sophisticated sources. However, if you truly can't find the words, and have given up, you might be able to persuade me to translate it into layman. You just might enjoy it, or use it again.

I do have to applaud all of you who have tried to find the definitions of the words! That says volumes for your character.

Interesting... and I’m very impressed... and I’m very flattered.
mauih1
mauih1

Back to top Go down

Post by FactPoster Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:12 am

When I first looked at this, I thought - what could possibly keep a thread going for EIGHT pages!

I must say that after reading most of them - I feel brain dead from the boredom (bored dumb) of the whole thing. What a lot of useless trivia.

Who really cares if someone is sincere and posting their thoughts, if all the grammar and spelling is correct?

And the Mods have left this one UP????? Likely fell asleep reading all of it, and forgot it was even here.:geek:
FactPoster
FactPoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Esther414 Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:29 am

I can't believe I actually read several pages of this thread. I, too, was intrigued by the amount of attention this one received. I'm kind of a stickler about spelling and grammar, but I'm sure I've made many mistakes myself in this forum. I've been an investor of the IQD for over a year now and don't read or post that much anymore. I can't believe I'm actually posting on this thread either, but I just found it ---

HIGHLARRYOUS!!!
lol! Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 203646764 Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 3973136183 Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 203646764 lol!

I love Okie and his mistakes are just endearing to me, especially his phrase "Prayers changes things." I love that one, because we all say our prayers, don't we? And it does change things! My first husband, God rest his soul, graduated from college with honors, yet his grammar was terrible! He spoke the way he learned it from his parents, and even though he knew the right way to say things, it just sounded right to say them the wrong way (if that makes any sense).

I believe language is an animal that is constantly changing and 50 or 100 years from now, if the Lord tarrys, english will not sound like it does today. Just watch a really old movie and listen to how different they sound. Who knows how things will be spelled then and how things will be pronounced.

Oh well, thanks for all the laughs and God bless each and every one of you. You are all special in His eyes and He loves you more than you could ever know, no matter how you spell your words or if you use correct grammar. We are going to be tremendously blessed very soon and there is much to do in God's kingdom. Those starving little children and so many people in great need around the world are not going to care how you spell your words. They will just know that you care about them enough to help them have a better life here on earth and hopefully you will teach them about Jesus and the wonderful hope that we have for eternal life in heaven. God bless.

:queen: Esther414
"Yet who knows if you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14
Esther414
Esther414

Back to top Go down

Post by mitkire Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:33 am

i like it! emailers for literacy!

mitkire
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DTConcerned Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:34 am

mauih1 wrote:And, not to abnegate, or derogate from any of this... but this is my opinion:

Is it a bad thing I don't have to look any of these up to know what they mean? :face:
DTConcerned
DTConcerned

Back to top Go down

Post by DTConcerned Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:46 pm

A couple misspellings, a couple of cases of following rules for derivatives of words that will not show up in dictionaries, a couple non-English words, Al in all enough randomness to sow a lack of full understanding of what youwere posting:

Apogenous – Asexually developed

Bovaristic – Self glamorizing, conceited

Coprolalial – characterized by involuntary swearing and obscenities

Dasypygal – Dysphagial – hard to swallow

Excerebros(e) – from Excerebration - having removed and beaten ones brains

Facinorous – atrociously wicked

Gnathonic - sycophantic

hircine – resembling a goat

ithyphallic - obscene

jumentous – having the strong smell of a beast of burden

kyphotic - humpback

labrose - having thick lips

mephitic - offensive to smell

napiform – turnip shaped

oligophrenial - pertaining to less then fully mentally developed

papuliferous – abundantly pimpled

quisquilian – a made up conjugation of words approximating meaning a large number of betrayers of their own country

rebarbative – annoyance, irritation

saponaceous – resembling soap

thersitical – foulmouthed abusive

unguinous - ointment, generally consisting of fat or oil

ventripotent – persuasion from the gut

wlatsome – disgusting (Latin, not English)

xylocephalous – nonstandard conjugation meaning wooden headed

yirning – a slang spelling of yearning(may have intended Girning, as grimacing snarling smile)

Zoophyte – an invertebrate animal, when used as an insult insinuating spineless
DTConcerned
DTConcerned

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:57 pm

Esther414: Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 1261280965

And DTConcerned: You, sir, are AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 1499845164

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HezekiaH Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:18 pm

DTConcerned
Thanks for your explanations. It would be helpful if you could post a audio version for me to help me with the sounding out of these words. Thank-you GO RV Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 761671673

Wealth is what you have when all your money is gone!!!
HezekiaH
HezekiaH
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Appalled by illiteracy on this site - Page 4 Empty I'm possessed

Post by Capt Ron Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:25 pm

I don't know what 'possessed' me to make this addition to the thread, but one more bit of air might be good to clear:

-The abuse of the good 'ole apostrophe in here.......

(Bare with me on this).

Now THAT should have gotten your attention.....

Singular possessive means ONE individual or thing owns something. -apostrophe before the 's'.

"The river's course is pretty"

Plural possessive means something that a group of things owns something. -apostrophe after the 's'.

"The rivers' courses vary a lot across our country"

Plural means more than one thing. -NO apostrophe.

"Three rivers run through Pittsburgh"

Capt Ron

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:42 pm

revenuerog wrote:I dont understand what yu all meen..I am a good talker and speler and i can reed thees words good

lol!
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:44 pm

I see a TON of errors from all of us every day....um....SO WHAT?!?!?!?!?!??!?

If that is the least of your cares and concerns every day...how will you react when things are REALLY wrong in your life? *Just sayin'*! (yeppers did that spelling just that way on PURPOSE!!!)
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tootles Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:31 pm

Sometimes when one is tired, as Okie and our dear guru's might be, the spelling or grammar may not be perfect. Just see past this and read the message. If you must see perfect spelling or perfect grammar I am afraid it might be best to move on. There is no one here that really cares about how perfect some things might be...it's the message that is important to us as a whole. Folks are working long, very long hours and it would be nice if you didn't point out their slight mistakes. Perfection is not the name of this site...it's the content of the message that's what this site is all about. Really...how embarrassing for you to bring this up. Really!
tootles
tootles
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tootles Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:33 pm

Catherine wrote:I see a TON of errors from all of us every day....um....SO WHAT?!?!?!?!?!??!?

If that is the least of your cares and concerns every day...how will you react when things are REALLY wrong in your life? *Just sayin'*! (yeppers did that spelling just that way on PURPOSE!!!)

Well put Catherine. Thanks! Some people just don't get it. WOW.
tootles
tootles
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt Ron Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:39 pm

Catherine, there actually IS a point to one's concern over poor grammar in here. We are all reading views of presumptive gurus and others who make various cases about a potential multi-trillion dollar global event. I would feel better knowing that someone who composes such views had an apparent literacy skill above early grade school. Otherwise, I worry that we are dealing with folks who are not as involved in high finance (an educated arena) as they would have us believe.

Capt Ron

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum