Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc."

+7
TNTBS
Ponee
Sam I Am
Kevind53
Ssmith
Muskie
jrg
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." Empty "At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc."

Post by jrg Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:09 am

So the subject line comes from the about this site page that everyone is requested to read first.  Sure an RD might happen.  Whether it will or not I have no idea, but it might.  But "potential to RV"?  Come on, do you guys still believe this nonsense?

There is much talk these days about whether Iraq is slipping into the abyss or is bottoming out and will start to climb back to a better economy.  But, none of that matters when asking if a huge RV is possible.  There you only have to find out what the ratio of the money supply to the CBI's reserves are and that is the limit on the rate they can offer.  i.e. they can offer any rate they can actually offer, and that's about what the rate is now.  With around 80T IQD and 70B USD, they're within a few percent (10 or 15 at the most) of their limit.  I don't think these things will happen but suppose ISIS is vanquished and the factions make piece and the economy recovers and the region stabilizes and oil prices go up.  All that will be good for Iraq, but it would not change the basic equation wrt the exchange rate.  A huge RV still could not happen and in fact could never have happened.  The whole thing has been a myth all along (I fell for it once myself but wised up in four or five months I think it was, that was all back in 2009/20010 ).  So do you all still think some huge RV is possible?  Really?

jrg
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." Empty Re: "At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc."

Post by Muskie Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:18 am

Any kind of substantial RV will not happen. But personally I do expect the Iraqi dinar to grow over time as the economy grows.  Not something anyone wants to hear, but is more in line with evolving economies.  Your grand kids may appreciate your investment someday in Iraq.
Muskie
Muskie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." Empty Re: "At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc."

Post by jrg Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:53 am

Wow, big fish!  A growing economy can indeed put pressures on the central bank to increase rates a bit (e.g. to fight inflation) but, no matter what the motivation the rate can't exceed the fundamental limit imposed by the sizes of the money supply and the reserves.  The reserves grow very slowly from around a 0.16% spread.  So I don't think even your grand kids (even if you don't yet have any kids!) will see IQD worth substantially more than it is today.  That's assuming Iraq, and the IQD last that long, and over that time I think an RD is very likely which will be yet another expense if you want to stay in it (which I would argue is a very bad idea).

"Now my own suspicion is that the Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose." J.B.S. Haldane 1927

jrg
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssmith Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:48 am

jrg...  First, welcome to Dinar Daily.  I agree with what you are saying.  In the magical world where ISIS disappears, all the various tribes make peace, etc., any kind of substantial RV would still not happen.  Perhaps a lop at some point would be possible. 

But whatever happens, anyone holding Dinar here would be SOL.  There are so many reports of stolen/smuggled Dinar.  How would anyone in the US exchange their currency?  Does anyone really think Iraq would pay billions+ to people outside of the country?

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:12 am

Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? No. I am no expert by any means, but from what I have been able to glean, the common idea that you have to have X reserves for Y currency is a bit of a mistake. There may be some magic ratio, but if there is, it is much higher than we assume. I looked at the average reserve to M1 ratios of several developed countries quite a while back, and concluded that IF reserves were a factor, (BTW I am not at all convinced they are), then Iraq could support a modest RV. Not the $3+ that some have spoken of lately, and certainly not the $30+ spoken of in the past, but somewhere under a dollar. (It was a long time ago and I don't remember the amount for sure.)

What will the future hold? Who knows? Do I expect to get rich off this? Maybe once, but not today. A tidy profit is still an outside chance, but the only things we can be certain of in this are risk and uncertainty. Well that and that barring a sovereign act of God, nothing is likely to happen for a very long time.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." 2805820865  "At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." 2805820865  "At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." 2805820865  "At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam I Am Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:48 am

Kevind53 - You're right about there being no set ratio.  Policies are determined based on each nation's conditions.  The conditions in Iraq were so bad that the CBI had a policy of backing their currency 100% with their reserves in order to foster any kind of confidence.  They've gotten away from that recently as their reserves have dwindled due to the dropping oil revenues and dinar sales.  Still, economic reality being what it is they have to maintain a ratio closer to 1:1 than other nations in order to keep the dinar's value from plummeting, and that means no substantial revalue can occur.

Busting Gurus Since 2011

Sam I Am
Sam I Am
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

http://www.jewandgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:53 am

As I said, I have not been looking for more than decent profit at best for a long time. Even that would take a bit of a miracle right now.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." 2805820865  "At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." 2805820865  "At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." 2805820865  "At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by jrg Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:12 pm

I don't know what countries you looked at Kevin, but if you can find a PEGGED currency where the exchange rate is significantly higher than this ratio please show me, as I could not.  Even the countries that could raise their rate (at least a few years ago for example Saudi Arabia had about 3x the reserves needed to cover their money supply at the then exchange rate) do not do so, as raising rates is not good for an economy.  If there is wealth to spare the method is just to give away services (health, education, infrastructure), e.g. Qatar.

You can easily see why this is the case.  If all Iraqi's now have 100x (just taking a ten cent, or 1:0.1 RV as an example as you say less than a dollar is possible) they are going to want to buy a lot of imports.  Iraq's M1 money supply would now be worth around 7T USD (for comparison the US M1 in 1/2016 was 3T).  But the CBI that provides the USD for exchanges (the auctions) still only has the same reserves it had before this supposed RV.  Oil sales that replenish the reserves (from exchanges in the opposite direction from the MOF) are also the same as before (and now way way down).  So where will all this "hard currency" come from?  Iraqi's will want to go on a buying spree for smart phones, and bulldozers and everything in between.  But there simply is no way to pay for it.  It can't happen.

If you, like most folks (including me), paid 15% to 20% over the official rate, I don't think you will even be able to break even and that chances of doing so continue to go down in my view.  If Iraq ever RDs then if you can sell at all it will be for even less than you can get today.

jrg
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by jrg Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi Sam.  I don't think Iraq has moved away from 100% backing and I don't think any pegged country (without very extreme exchange restrictions) can do so.  Iraq's reservers are down due to much lower oil revenue, but that also means the M1 is down as they are not exchanging that missing revenue for IQD.  There is no set ratio in the sense of some international law or something, but any country that allows reasonably free exchanges for imports can not exceed this ratio without very quickly running out of hard currency.   How much anything is worth is how much someone will pay you for it.  For pegged currencies that someone is only the central bank, that's what a pegged currency is.  So the worth of a pegged currency's money supply is the total of the reserves.  That is why this ratio can not be significantly exceeded (there is some wiggle room here like in anything else).  Doing so would put the value of the currency above the ability of the central bank to pay, but the central bank paying for its own currency is the only way it gets valued.

jrg
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:13 pm

I never said there ws a pegged currency higher. or lower. I said there were full members of the IMF with pegged or essentially pegged currencies.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by jrg Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:24 pm

Kevind53 wrote:I never said there ws a pegged currency higher. or lower. I said there were full members of the IMF with pegged or essentially pegged currencies.
Sure there are plenty of these.  I don't see the significant of that relative to the question "can a central bank for a pegged currency raise its exchange rate significantly past the ratio of its reserves to its money supply?".  I say no it can not, for the reasons I have given, and scanning through the world bank site (a few years ago) I couldn't find one either (which is the result i would expect if the answer is indeed "no").

jrg
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam I Am Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:36 pm

jrg wrote:Hi Sam.  I don't think Iraq has moved away from 100% backing and I don't think any pegged country (without very extreme exchange restrictions) can do so.  Iraq's reservers are down due to much lower oil revenue, but that also means the M1 is down as they are not exchanging that missing revenue for IQD.  There is no set ratio in the sense of some international law or something, but any country that allows reasonably free exchanges for imports can not exceed this ratio without very quickly running out of hard currency.   How much anything is worth is how much someone will pay you for it.  For pegged currencies that someone is only the central bank, that's what a pegged currency is.  So the worth of a pegged currency's money supply is the total of the reserves.  That is why this ratio can not be significantly exceeded (there is some wiggle room here like in anything else).  Doing so would put the value of the currency above the ability of the central bank to pay, but the central bank paying for its own currency is the only way it gets valued.

Well I'll admit that I don't follow this as closely as I did in the past, but the last I heard their FCR totaled about $59 billion and their M2 was around 85 trillion which would only support a value of about $.0007 at 100%.  Since they're still selling dinar at around $.00086 it looks to me like they've gotten away from the 100% backing for their M2.

Busting Gurus Since 2011

Sam I Am
Sam I Am
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

http://www.jewandgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jrg Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:44 pm

Right, I should have clarified this.  I think they have gotten away from covering M2 at 100% but are still well over it for M1.  For Oct 2015 (the last data) M1 is about 68T, M2 is about 85T and reserves are about 68B USD.  As far as the limit of the exchange rate its what can be easily exchanged (for imports) so for sure that's M1, and perhaps part of M2, but likely not all of it.  When talking about this ratio its M1 I'm referring to as the money supply.  Same for looking at other countries, I was using M1 where I found no pegged currency whose exchange rate was higher than reserves/M1 .  Kuwait for example has a huge delta between M1 and M2 and has never backed all of M2, but (more like Iraq now) is somewhere between M1 and M2, but for sure covers M1. 

I never understood why Iraq backed all of M2 as its hard to even understand what the heck is in the non-on-demand part of it, and the more "advanced" the economy gets the more strange stuff goes in that bucket.  But M1 is what everyone can understand.  People are not going to be motivated to run to the bank to exchange as long as they know all the on-demand currency is covered, that's what they have in their pocket and in their checking account, and running to the bank to exchange is what the CBI very much wants to avoid.

"Now my own suspicion is that the Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose." J.B.S. Haldane 1927

jrg
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:24 pm

jrg wrote:
Kevind53 wrote:I never said there ws a pegged currency higher. or lower. I said there were full members of the IMF with pegged or essentially pegged currencies.
Sure there are plenty of these.  I don't see the significant of that relative to the question "can a central bank for a pegged currency raise its exchange rate significantly past the ratio of its reserves to its money supply?".  I say no it can not, for the reasons I have given, and scanning through the world bank site (a few years ago) I couldn't find one either (which is the result i would expect if the answer is indeed "no").

Is it likely? No. Is it possible? Yes. Since my crystal ball has not been showing me if they will float or not, and has been dark on what will happen with their reserves, I am unwilling to give an absolute either way. If you go back to my original post, I said it was an outside chance.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by jrg Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:59 pm

Kevind53 wrote:
Is it likely? No. Is it possible? Yes. Since my crystal ball has not been showing me if they will float or not, and has been dark on what will happen with their reserves, I am unwilling to give an absolute either way. If you go back to my original post, I said it was an outside chance.
They can not float as long as the entire market for IQD is the CBI and I see no way that will change.  None of the mideast oil producers float, as even if there was some wider market for their currency, they don't want their currency following oil prices and since oil dominates their economies that would certainly happen.  So if you paid 15%-20% over the CBI's price to buy it, and are looking to make a "decent profit" I think you said, that would have to be what 10% annually for however long you have been holding it?  That all comes out to needing something like a 1.5x-2x increate.  It can't happen.

jrg
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:05 pm

All of the middle east economies are locked to the USD because they price and sell their oil in petrodollars. In time, I might make a decent profit, or not. I'm a little pragmatic, I got into this knowing it was high risk at best, and spent only play money on it. If I win I win, if I lose, I lose, since I never looked to this as my provision or anything of the sort, no biggie either way. I have what I have, free and clear. We have zero debt, and can live comfortably trusting God to meet our needs. I'm more than happy to ride this out to the end.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:30 pm

Jrg wrote: "At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc."

So the subject line comes from the about this site page that everyone is requested to read first.  Sure an RD might happen.  Whether it will or not I have no idea, but it might.  But "potential to RV"?  Come on, do you guys still believe this nonsense?

Actually, that post was originally written about 4 years ago.  Since then, much has changed in many dinarians, members and even my  perceptions, and understanding of the dinar and this whole thing called the RV.  So, in answer to your question  "Come on, do you guys still believe this nonsense"?     The answer for me and many on here now... NO.

Last edited by Ponee on Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jrg Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:01 pm

Kevind53 wrote:All of the middle east economies are locked to the USD because they price and sell their oil in petrodollars. In time, I might make a decent profit, or not. I'm a little pragmatic, I got into this knowing it was high risk at best, and spent only play money on it. If I win I win, if I lose, I lose, since I never looked to this as my provision or anything of the sort, no biggie either way. I have what I have, free and clear. We have zero debt, and can live comfortably trusting God to meet our needs. I'm more than happy to ride this out to the end.
 Now the MOF gets USD, exchanges that (or most of it) with the CBI for IQD.  Suppose Iraq demanded IQD for their oil?  Then the handful of oil buyers would go to the CBI, exchange their USD for IQD and pay the MOF.  What really changes?

Since there is no means of a decent profit (and decent gets higher and higher the longer you wait) I see no point in risking throwing it away, but of course up to you.

jrg
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by jrg Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:04 pm

Ponee wrote:Actually, that post was originally written about 4 years ago.  Since then, much has changed in many dinarians, members and even my  perceptions, and understanding of the dinar and this whole thing called the RV.  So, in answer to your question  "Come on, do you guys still believe this nonsense"?     The answer for me and many on here now... NO.

Good to hear! :-)

jrg
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:58 pm

Since there is no means of a decent profit (and decent gets higher and higher the longer you wait) I see no point in risking throwing it away, but of course up to you.

If it's thrown it's already thrown, I'm not sweating it either way.

Now the MOF gets USD, exchanges that (or most of it) with the CBI for IQD. Suppose Iraq demanded IQD for their oil? Then the handful of oil buyers would go to the CBI, exchange their USD for IQD and pay the MOF. What really changes?

By your logic no currency could ever increase in value or economy grow ... 'nuff said.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by jrg Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:27 pm

Kevind53 wrote:If it's thrown it's already thrown, I'm not sweating it either way.
I don't understand this.  Just SUPPOSE there is no chance of profit, would you not want to get whatever you can, maybe $700-$800/million?  Why not?

Kevind53 wrote:By your logic no currency could ever increase in value or economy grow ... 'nuff said.

How do you get that?   Nothing I have said implies this.  I have only said that there is a limit on how high the exchange rate of a pegged currency can go (if the rate is really offered as opposed to being a show rate).  Iraq happens to be near that limit.  That is just arithmetic of doing exchanges.  An exchange rate can always go down, and back up.  Economies of course can grow, and shrink.

its only "'nuff said" if you do not support your assertions, which doesn't seem like a good idea to me.  If you don't back up what you claim, what good is it?

jrg
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:51 pm

The nuff said is that you have already made up your mind, and anyone who does not agree with yo is wrong. You left out my example, so in case you didn't read it here it is:

Quote :
Now the MOF gets USD, exchanges that (or most of it) with the CBI for IQD. Suppose Iraq demanded IQD for their oil? Then the handful of oil buyers would go to the CBI, exchange their USD for IQD and pay the MOF. What really changes?

That's where you said that.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by jrg Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:35 am

Kevind53 wrote:The nuff said is that you have already made up your mind, and anyone who does not agree with yo is wrong. You left out my example, so in case you didn't read it here it is:

Quote :

That's where you said that.

I'm not following this.  You said
By your logic no currency could ever increase in value or economy grow ... 'nuff said.

So I asked how anything I have said implies that no currency or economy could ever grow.  I haven't seen you point to anything I've said that implies this.  If I missed it, sorry about that, please point it out again.

My "suppose" about Iraq requiring IQD instead of USD was about your claim that Iraq is locked to the USD due selling oil for Petrodollars, and I don't think changing that (selling oil for IQD) would really make any difference.  

What I have said about the limit of a pegged currency's exchange rate is just arithmetic, its not my opinion.  If a central bank says we'll exchange X for Y, then they have to have sufficient X to actually do so for all the Y.  Its that simple.  Iraq's exchange rate, reservers, and money supply put them very near that limit so it just can't go up very much.   If you want to dispute that, go ahead and give it a try.  So far all you have done is claim its wrong (i.e. there there is still a possibility of a "decent profit" from IQD).

jrg
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by TNTBS Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:44 am

jrg wrote:

(i.e. there there is still a possibility of a "decent profit" from IQD).
 The only way you are going to make a decent profit "IS" If you bought back in 2004 for pennies on the dollar back then & sold it Now! Just like I did & many others... Very simple. sarcastic
As for becoming a multi millionaire? LOL Not!   "At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." 2834342768 cashingIn :nono: sarcastic

TNTBS Guru Hunter 
                         couch
>>YouTube<>Twitter<<
TNTBS
TNTBS
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs3vQYDxUo7iaNLky0CAZQg

Back to top Go down

Post by jrg Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:12 am

TNTBS wrote:
jrg wrote:

(i.e. there there is still a possibility of a "decent profit" from IQD).
 The only way you are going to make a decent profit "IS" If you bought back in 2004 for pennies on the dollar back then & sold it Now! Just like I did & many others... Very simple. sarcastic
As for becoming a multi millionaire? LOL Not!  
Of course if you are already in the black from buying very early you can sell and get some profit.  Do you mind sharing your average buy and sell price (not how much you had of course).  If you compute the annual return over the time period (you say you "just" did this), I'm guessing it will turn out to be a pretty poor ROI given the risk.  But again for sure better than a loss. Nice going!  But Kevin bought later and is not in the black now and is hoping for a decent  profit going forward, and I just don't see how that's possible.

jrg
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by RamblerNash Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Is this a good place to bring up all the Iraqi Dinar Smuggling?

You know, the places (Ireland, Jordan, and other Middle East countries) where the Dinar Dealers purchase the Dinar for sale in the US and Canada?

Isn't there somewhere around 30-40 Trillion Iraqi Dinar that's been brought over to the US, via Dealers or parcel packages shipped from Jordan?

There seems to be a lot of sales generated for the pristine, uncirculated, sequentially serial numbered notes at a premium price?

With all this talk about M1 and M2 money supplies, I wonder if Iraq calculates commemoratives in their equations, like the do in the US with the collector series coins, for the amount they put into circulation?

Is there an avenue for the Iraqi Dinar to make it back to their country through currency exchanges from the dealers?

Should I Hi-Jack another thread and bring these items up?

"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." Tyatdi10

"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." Tyatdi11

"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." 258310255 
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by jrg Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:58 pm

Why not just start a thread on the subject?

jrg
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:30 pm

This has been brought up before, however since none of us have any way to determine if any of the dinar we hold was smuggled or otherwise obtained illegally, nor can we do anything about it if indeed it was, it's pretty much a pointless discussion IMO.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RamblerNash Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:37 pm

Kevind53 wrote:This has been brought up before, however since none of us have any way to determine if any of the dinar we hold was smuggled or otherwise obtained illegally, nor can we do anything about it if indeed it was, it's pretty much a pointless discussion IMO.

Have you tried to call the CBI and ask them?

If not, then you haven't even tried...

"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." 258310255 
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:43 pm

From my reading they don't have a handle on how much is, or isn't in or out of country, let alone the serial numbers. Since what little I have I purchased in good faith through legal channels, to be honest, it's not worth my time or money fretting over it. Maybe some like to worry, but as for me, I'll save my energy for the things I can change or control, not some pointless discussion that has about as much value as arguing over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TNTBS Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:46 pm

WOW! Nash...! Just WOW anybody that argues with that...! Has no bother even commenting how do you say it? It's Pointless IMO LOL

Oh and lets throw in a Bibles verse as well...?

TNTBS Guru Hunter 
                         couch
>>YouTube<>Twitter<<
TNTBS
TNTBS
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by RamblerNash Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:55 pm

Kevind53 wrote:From my reading they don't have a handle on how much is, or isn't in or out of country, let alone the serial numbers. Since what little I have I purchased in good faith through legal channels, to be honest, it's not worth my time or money fretting over it. Maybe some like to worry, but as for me, I'll save my energy for the things I can change or control, not some pointless discussion that has about as much value as arguing over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Kevin,

It may not be worth your time with the "play money" you have invested, to others, they have quite a bit of those sequentially serial numbered notes that they can look into!

Have you thought of them?

RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by TNTBS Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:00 pm

RamblerNash wrote:
Kevind53 wrote:From my reading they don't have a handle on how much is, or isn't in or out of country, let alone the serial numbers. Since what little I have I purchased in good faith through legal channels, to be honest, it's not worth my time or money fretting over it. Maybe some like to worry, but as for me, I'll save my energy for the things I can change or control, not some pointless discussion that has about as much value as arguing over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Kevin,

It may not be worth your time with the "play money" you have invested, to others, they have quite a bit of those sequentially serial numbered notes that they can look into!

Have you thought of them?

Yeah! It's more than just about "Me. Myself. & I" we actually care about others. BUT? you have your opinion as well~ IMO who cares~ RIGHT? Feel free to join us on the cc call & tell others how you feel?   

TNTBS Guru Hunter 
                         couch
>>YouTube<>Twitter<<
TNTBS
TNTBS
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:01 pm

If they want to fret over something they can't control, they can call for themselves. Or here's a better idea, since you and your buddy are devoted to bringing out the truth, why don't you call yourself. I'm sure they would be glad to give you a detailed list of smuggled serial numbers if they have it. Who knows, maybe you can wangle a one on one with Ismail or maybe even Albadi himself.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:03 pm

I do not like you, I find your videos offensive and your cartoon voices irritating, Why would I bother with your lame calls?

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TNTBS Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:03 pm

Kevind53 wrote:If they want to fret over something they can't control, they can call for themselves. Or here's a better idea, since you and your buddy are devoted to bringing out the truth, why don't you call yourself. I'm sure they would be glad to give you a detailed list of smuggled serial numbers if they have it. Who knows, maybe you can wangle a one on one with Ismail  or maybe even Albadi himself.

Yep..."Me. Myself. & I" sounds good Kev Glad it works for you.  

TNTBS Guru Hunter 
                         couch
>>YouTube<>Twitter<<
TNTBS
TNTBS
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by RamblerNash Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:08 pm

Kevind53 wrote:I do not like you, I find your videos offensive and your cartoon voices irritating, Why would I bother with your lame calls?

Please tell us what's offensive in this video?

Do you hear any cartoon voices in it?

A lot of people found it very informative.

RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by TNTBS Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:09 pm

Kevind53 wrote:I do not like you, I find your videos offensive and your cartoon voices irritating, Why would I bother with your lame calls?

So you calling Ponee lame because she likes the calls & videos

BUT It's always about You You You Me Me Me "Me. Myself. & I" Typical 

as for you not liking me LOL makes me even more happy because YOU Get to read my Post & others who Love me LOL :throb:
Just admit it You love me Kevin  :spring1: :juggle: :spring1:

TNTBS Guru Hunter 
                         couch
>>YouTube<>Twitter<<
TNTBS
TNTBS
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:18 pm

I LOVE ALL OF YOU!! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY !

"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." Sweet-dear-mouse-for-you-on-valentines-day

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:44 pm

And a sweet, loving Happy Valentine's day to you, Sweety!!! :throb: :winky winky: :juggle:
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RamblerNash Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:10 pm

Ponee wrote:

I LOVE ALL OF YOU!! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY !

"At Dinar Daily, we believe in the dinar and its potential to Rv - Rd etc." Sweet-dear-mouse-for-you-on-valentines-day

Happy Valentines Day Ponee!!

:juggle:

RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:53 pm

RamblerNash wrote:

Don't cherry pick videos, you know exactly what ones I am talking about.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RamblerNash Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:57 pm

Kevind53 wrote:
RamblerNash wrote:

Don't cherry pick videos, you know exactly what ones I am talking about.

So you agree that some of the videos aren't as you have advertised...

RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:05 pm

No I agree I'm not going to waste my time with his videos OR his chats. Since I neither like the way he conducts "business", his attempts to intimidate anyone who has the temerity to disagree with him, nor do I trust him, it would be a waste of my time.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RamblerNash Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:10 pm

Fair enough, so we wont see you making your silly comments on them any more...

RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:16 pm

You keep posting them I'll keep making my comments. His (and others) lack of discretion caused Ponee a lot of headaches. They didn't bear the brunt of it, but Ponee did. I personally do not like it when someone takes advantage of a friend's good nature. In fact I resent it. Attempts to intimidate were also made, which I also resent. I hear through the rumor mill a new site is in the offing, I wish him luck and advise him to not the the door hit him where the good Lord split him on the way out.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RamblerNash Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:22 pm

No rumor...The site is in the works, but why does that mean that he has to leave DinarDaily?

RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:46 pm

Hope springs eternal

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssmith Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:33 am

Kevind53 wrote:You keep posting them I'll keep making my comments. His (and others) lack of discretion caused Ponee a lot of headaches. They didn't bear the brunt of it, but Ponee did. I personally do not like it when someone takes advantage of a friend's good nature. In fact I resent it. Attempts to intimidate were also made, which I also resent. I hear through the rumor mill a new site is in the offing, I wish him luck and advise him to not the the door hit him where the good Lord split him on the way out.

Sound familiar?

RayRen:  [TNT Rap]  I love hearing Tony’s voice.  I see there are still some unhappy campers;  why don’t you pack your bags and leave?  It’s a very simple process.  Someone asked who chose the music – I did!  And if we have a call on Friday I will choose it again.  If you don’t like it, don’t let the door hit you where the Good Lord split you.  You don’t have to be on this call.  There comes a time when you get tired of nonsense.  There are 20,000 people on this call; if you want to start something, you’ve got the wrong person.  [Audio checks]  Let’s get this show on the road!

https://www.dinardaily.net/t50326-tnt-call-notes-1-6-16

Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum