Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals

5 posters

Go down

Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals Empty Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals

Post by RamblerNash Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:49 pm

Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals

By HUSSAIN HINDAWI   |   Jan. 17, 2004 at 11:51 AM

Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals Clear
BAGHDAD, Jan. 17 (UPI) --  Iraq's new currency started off with strength as it is being dealt with more widely in international money changing markets. But this start is shrouded with high speculation, and scandals of forgery and smuggling of large quantities of the new dinar to Arab and Gulf countries, including Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Iran and Kuwait.

Dealings with the old Iraqi bank notes, bearing the pictures of deposed president Saddam Hussein, ended officially on Thursday. And the new dinar, introduced to the market last Oct. 15 by the U.S. command in coordination with the Iraqi Central Bank, became Iraq's official and sole currency.

The new currency comprises bank notes from several denominations, namely bills in 50,000 dinars, 250,000, 25,000, 10,000 and 5,000 dinar bills. Piles of the old bank notes were destroyed, mostly burned, in the past few months.

The Lebanese authorities on Wednesday arrested three people in the capital, Beirut, for smuggling 1.5 tons of Iraqi currency in a private plane from Iraq to Lebanon, via Jordan, estimated at more than 19 billion new Iraqi dinars (around U.S. $12 million).

Investigations might reveal the political or security conditions behind transporting this amount, which required permission from Lebanon's Central Bank so as not to be accused of money laundering.

They could also reveal the possibility of involvement by American parties in a large money laundering operation conducted secretly, since landing and take-off at Baghdad Airport only take place with permission from the U.S. occupation forces in Iraq.

The political implications in the smuggling operation could become known as the Lebanese look into the motives behind trafficking such an amount, especially at a time when Beirut and Damascus face growing U.S. pressure.

Meanwhile, the Egyptian authorities in Cairo said Thursday that the authorities at the Red Sea port of Nuwaibeh arrested 32 Egyptian passengers arriving from Jordan who carried 650 million new Iraqi dinars. They were believed to be traded it on the black market in the hope that its value would rise when the conditions in Iraq stabilized in the future.

The incident came as a fever swept other Arab countries in creating a black market for the Iraqi currency. Arab and Iranian merchants have been rushing to buy the new Iraqi dinars at low prices in their countries, or at 1,200 dinars to the U.S. dollar and less.

An official at the Iraqi Central Bank told United Press International that some Iraqi employees might be involved in the smuggling operations, adding that initial investigations showed involvement by bank employees with money traffickers. He said the Central Bank provided special facilities to several bank tellers due to the extraordinary conditions Iraq is passing through.

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, added that a special committee would be formed to investigate cases of forgery and smuggling. He stressed the "need to protect the Iraqi economy from money laundering that takes place in developing countries, including neighboring Arab countries."

He said that "gangs of quick fortune are very active in these countries, and some of their members are Iraqis."

The source also revealed that the authorities have found foul play in some of the banks when the Iraqi currency was being renewed, in which the authorities seized forgeries of more than one billion old dinars, the ones with the picture of Saddam.

He said that most Arab and Asian countries have begun dealing with the new Iraqi dinar "because of its difficulty in forging, and because it is directly supported from the Iraqi oil exports."

The U.S. dollar exchange rate dropped to a new low at the end of last week, registering 1,400 dinars to the dollar in Baghdad, the lowest in eight years. The dollar rate began to gradually drop on a daily basis since the beginning of last December, falling from 2,000 dinars to 1,500 by the end of the month. The drop continued in the past two weeks.

The Central Bank official said the decline in the exchange rate was due to the availability of the U.S. dollar in Iraq by the growing number of foreign investors in the country. He said that led to wide scale movement of the new Iraqi dinar to outside countries, mainly Jordan, Kuwait and Iran.

An Iraqi financial expert expected the value of the Iraqi dinar to continue rising, but insisted that the increase had nothing to do with the hike in prices of commodities in the Iraqi market.

He said the price hikes "are not justified because they did not happen as a result of hard currency entering the country through oil revenues or through trade growth. They did not happen because the there has been no strong return of the Iraqis abroad, but which is expected to happen when stability is restored in Iraq."

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Security-Industry/2004/01/17/Iraqi-dinar-rises-amid-smuggling-scandals/17581074358297/

Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals Empty Re: Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals

Post by Kevind53 Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:05 am

Also quite old ... January 2004.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals 2805820865  Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals 2805820865  Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals 2805820865  Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals Empty Re: Iraqi dinar rises amid smuggling scandals

Post by dwm007 Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:31 am

Kevind53 wrote:Also quite old ... January 2004.

Yes it is old but in this case that makes it even more relevant!

At that time they were clearly concerned about speculators and currency being smuggled out of the country so why did they suddenly go all but silent on it? Could it be that they realized they had a goose laying golden eggs here? We can only guess as to why they so mysteriously became "unconcerned" about smuggling even as the smuggling actually increased by a large amount in the ensuing years. What we don't need to guess about is whether they knew all those brand new freshly printed notes were leaving the country, they could not possibly have NOT known so why did they not take steps to stop it or even continue acknowledge it was leaving?

Last edited by dwm007 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

dwm007
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:39 am

Enter Alak, and Judge Mahmoud-{ just a couple of the many 'Maliki' henchmen- Twisted Evil affraid
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:17 am

Is any of the IQD in the US legal ? WHy would Iraq let anyone holding this smuggled money cash it out for USD?

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dwm007 Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:45 am

Ponee wrote:Is any of the IQD in the US legal ? WHy would Iraq let anyone holding this smuggled money cash it out for USD?

That's a good question and also the question of why would Iraq allow these Dinar to come back when it would cost them Billions of Dollars to do so? I don't think there is a single thing anyone can point to that clearly defines these notes as being legal nor can anyone point to any legal and Iraqi Government sanctioned means by which they left the country. About the best that could be hopped for it would seem would be that nothing specifically defines this Dinar as being ILLEGAL, but does even that guarantee they would have to take it back? Saddam denied re-entry of the currency only on the basis that it was for use only in Iraq and he had no problem doing that, people outside the country grumbled but had no legal recourse and these were merchants that could clearly explain how they came by the Dinar!

The situation here is that people have enormous amounts of Dinar with no good explanation of how they came by it except that they bought it from dealers but can the dealers show they got it legally? It would seem to matter little if a person got it legally by U.S. laws if the dealers got it illegally according to Iraqi law, just because a person didn't break any laws in this country by buying a foreign currency (that was SPECIFICALLY SOLD AS NOT BEING AN INVESTMENT) does not mean Iraq will be bound by those U.S. laws. When trying to return currency to that country it's THEIR laws that are going to matter.

dwm007
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum