Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!!

+43
Keys
catman
aksafeone
pattee
cassidy2112
johnnyjunk
TIMSTERS
Terbo56
Len
EPHESIANS612
ou812
zonepirate
jbish422
kingosawbe
lrhoads57
H2OMAN
KC1
SpaceCowboy
SEBtopdog
hithere
mitkire
PrudenceArt
Ponee
wenlee
dinarstar
bigdaddytim
supergirl
crawdaddy2x22
Kevind53
FoxyRoxy
therealbutterfly
rick152
milleriniraq
geezer
chevysteve
PGLD
1alaskan
landcareunlimited
Peppermint Patti
LookingAtTheHeavens
Jayzze
ADMIN
CaptnJerry
47 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! Empty Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!

Post by CaptnJerry Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:09 am

I am starting this thread to educate all the dinar holders here on the possibility of the re-denomination of the Iraqi currency and that it's nothing to fear. But wait before you get all upset, try to forget all of the doom and gloom that has been presented by "those who shall remain nameless" when describing this process and look at some facts.

If you follow the new articles/press releases (not the opinion pieces) Iraq has always described a redenomination/lop. "Those who shall remain namless" are the only ones saying that it won't Redenominate/LOP. Iraq has stated that the income of the people would not change, but the currency would have more buying power. Iraq has stated with the razing of the 000's that 200,000 old dinar will equal 200 new dinar, 100,000 OD will equal 100 ND, 250 OD = .25 ND, 50 OD = .05 ND... According to the examples Iraq has given, the razing of the 000's will effect the currency and by default the exchange rate (.00085 - $1 becomes .85 - $1). If it continues to go the way Iraq has always said it will go, we are at best looking at a possible breaking even with a 1-1 exchange rate, depending on when you bought your dinar (what rate you paid for your dinar). The new dinar or lower demons, are supposed to be replacing the old denoms. The two will coexist in circulation for 2-4 years, but possessors will have up to 10 years to exchange before being retired and becoming worthless.

Why would Iraq re-denominate their currency?

In times of inflation, the same number of monetary units have continually decreasing purchasing power. In other words, prices of products and services must be expressed in higher numbers. If these numbers become excessively large, they can impede daily transactions because of the risk and inconvenience of carrying stacks of bills, or the strain on systems, e.g. automatic teller machines (ATMs), or because human psychology does not handle large numbers well. The authorities may alleviate this problem by redenomination: a new unit replaces the old unit with a fixed number of old units being converted to 1 new unit. If inflation is the reason for redenomination, this ratio is much larger than 1, usually a positive integral power of 10 like 100, 1000 or 1 million, and the procedure can be referred to as "cutting zeroes".

Here are 2 examples

1. Brazil,

On February 3, 2010, the Central Bank of Brazil announced a new series of the real banknotes which would begin to be released in April 2010. The new design will add security enhancements which aim to reduce counterfeiting. The notes will have different sizes according to their values to help vision-impaired people. The changes were made reflecting the growth of the Brazilian economy and the need for a stronger and safer currency. The new banknotes have begun to enter circulation in December 2010, coexisting with the older ones.

2. Romania,

If we read the history of the process of the removal of the zeros in Romania we can see where they did the same thing, where there was not a time limit to exchange the old for the new leu. Please see the below link for an article from July 1, 2005 when they implemented the Romania process to remove 4 zeros from their currency. This was a 10,000:1 redenomination, as opposed to the 1000:1 that the CBI has been stating they want to do.

http://www.rferl.org/content/article/1059616.html

Please note in there the same verbage we read today similar to the process of deleting 3 zeros from the Dinar.

Now, here is the key thing to note though, please see the link below, and on page 1 they talk about how the prices would work for the 2 different notes that will be in circulation and could be used from July 2005 through June 2006. here is the verbage and the link:
"Implementation of the new currency shall be made according to the following schedule:
- July 1, 2005: introduction of the new leu (RON). All account balances, credit and debit, shall be converted to RON and all banking transfers, accounting documents and supporting payment instruments, starting on this date, shall be performed and drawn up only in RON;
- July 1, 2005 – June 30, 2006: double posting of prices, both in old and new leu, including forex exchange rates. The exchange rates shall be expressed with four decimals, without any rounding;
December 31, 2006: Until this date both the old and new leu shall be accepted for cash payments. There is no time limit for exchanging ROL notes and coins for RON notes and coins at the National Bank of Romania branches performing cash operations and at the credit institutions authorised to perform such operations by order of the National Bank of Romania Governor (para 4, article 2 of Law no. 348/2004 as amended).

https://www.isdadocs.org/speeches/memopdf/Redenomination-Memo-061405.pdf

So I hope this helps explain the meaning behind what it means when they say the notes will co-exist.

One more thing I thought I would add is this. in the explanation above it stated:
"- July 1, 2005 – June 30, 2006: double posting of prices,"

I thought that I would provide an example of a price tag that showed the 2 different prices to reflect the rates for both the old and new notes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Romania_revalue_tag.jpg

Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! Romania_revalue_tag

Here is a recent article describing the steps to be taken which is just one of many...

Parliamentary Finance: Delete the zeros from the currency needs to be two and three stages
بغداد-وارع - قال عضو اللجنة المالية النائب هيثم الجبوري ان عملية حذف الاصفار من العملة يحتاج الى سنتين وبثلاث مراحل. Baghdad - and babysit - A member of the Finance Committee MP Haitham Jubouri that the process of removing zeros from the currency needs to be two and three stages.

وأوضح في تصريح صحفي :" ان مراحل حذف الاصفار من العملة ، تُقسم الى ثلاث مراحل ، تستغرق المرحلة الاولى ستة اشهر لتوفير الاجهزة الطباعية ، فيما تكون المرحلة الثانية لادخال العملتين في ان واحد ، و ستكون الستة اشهر الاخيرة لسحب العملة القديمة وبقاء العملة الجديدة". He explained in a press statement: "The stages of the deletion of zeros from the currency, divided into three phases, first phase, lasting six months to provide services printing, while the second phase of the introduction of two currencies at the same time, and will last six months to pull the old currency and the survival of the new currency."

وأضاف :" ان دور اللجنة المالية في مجلس النواب رئيسي وهي المضطلع الوحيد والتفصيلي حول الية حذف الاصفار ، مبيناً ان اللجنة اجتمعت بمحافظ البنك المركزي وتم دراسة موضوع حذف الاصفار بجانبيه السلبي والايجابي". He added: "The role of the Finance Committee in the House of Representatives is mainly carried out only on the detailed mechanism and delete the zeros, indicating that the Committee met with the Governor of the Central Bank has been the study of deletion of zeros Bjanabih negative and positive."

واشار الى :" ان الشرح المفصل من قبل البنك المركزي ، بدد التخوف من التضخم والغسيل المالي والتزوير ، مؤكداً " وجود اجهزة ولجان قادرة على السيطرة على هذه المشاكل ان حدثت". He said: "The detailed explanation by the Central Bank, dispelled the fear of inflation, washing and financial fraud, asserting that" the existence of agencies and committees are able to control these problems that occurred. "

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Falrayy.com%2F40817.htm

And another...

And the central bank of Iraq's intention to launch a large three categories after deleting three zeros from the Iraqi dinar, pointing out that the process of replacing the currency will take two years.
وقال نائب محافظ البنك المركزي مظهر محمد صالح لـ"السومرية نيوز" : إن البنك سيطرح ثلاث فئات كبيرة إضافة إلى الفئات المعدنية، بعد أن يقوم بحذف ثلاثة أصفار من الدينار العراقي مبيناً أن عملية التبديل من شأنها إصلاح نظام إدارة العملة وتسهيل استخدامها . The deputy governor of the Central Bank of the appearance of Mohammed Saleh "Alsumaria News": The Bank will present three categories in addition to large groups of mineral, after the deletion of three zeros from the Iraqi dinar, indicating that the switch would reform the system of currency management and ease of use.
وأضاف صالح أن الفئات الثلاث تشمل 200 دينار التي تساوي 200 ألف دينار في الوقت الحاضر وفئة 100 دينار التي تساوي 100 ألف دينار وفئة 50 ديناراً التي تساوي 50 ألف دينار، إضافة إلى العملة المعدنية من فئة الدينار والدينارين فضلاً عن النصف والربع دينار و100 فلس والدرهم". Saleh added that the three categories consist of 200 dinars, which is equal to 200 thousand dinars at the present time and a 100 dinars, which is equal to 100 thousand dinars, and the category of 50 dinars, which is equal to 50 thousand dinars, in addition to the coin of the category of the dinar and Dinarin as well as half and quarter dinars and 100 fils and dirham " . ولفت صالح إلى أن "حذف ثلاثة أصفار من الدينار العراقي من شأنه اختصار عدد الأوراق النقدية من أربعة مليارات ورقة والتي تساوي 30 ترليون دينار موجودة في الأسواق العراقية إلى مليار و800 مليون ورقة فقط"، مؤكداً أن "تبديل العملة سوف لا يؤثر على دخل الفرد أو على ثرواته أو التزاماته التعاقدية". Saleh indicated that "the deletion of three zeros from the Iraqi dinar would shorten the number of banknotes of four billion and paper, which is equal to 30 trillion dinars exist in the Iraqi market to one billion and 800 million paper only," asserting that "the currency exchange will not affect the per capita income or over its wealth or its contractual obligations. "
وأشار صالح الى أن "مجلس إدارة البنك قد صادق على قرار حذف الأصفار بعد أن تم الانتهاء من تصاميم العملة التي تحمل الإرث العراقي وتاريخه وحضاراته، فضلاً عن مناقشته من قبل اللجنة المالية والاقتصادية في مجلس الوزراء"، مبينا أن "البنك بانتظار موافقة المجلس للبدء باستبدال العملة الجديدة والتي يجب أن تكون مع سنة مالية جديدة والتي اقترحها البنك مع بداية العام 2013". Saleh pointed out that "the Board of Directors has approved the decision to delete the zeros after the completion of designs currency bearing the legacy of Iraq and its history and civilizations, as well as for discussion by the Financial and Economic Committee of the Council of Ministers," noting that "the Bank pending the Board's approval to begin the replacement of the new currency and which must be with the new financial year and proposed by the Bank with the beginning of the year 2013. "
وأكد صالح أن "عملية استبدال العملة ستستغرق عامين كاملين لمنع حدوث أي خلل في عملية التسليم والاستلام"، موضحاً أن "المصارف ستستمر باستلام العملة القديمة لمدة عشر سنوات كحقوق وليس للتداول". Salih stressed that "the process of replacing the currency will take two years to prevent any disruption in the process of delivery and receipt," explaining that "the banks will continue to receive the old currency for ten years as rights and not negotiable."

Why won't Iraq just RV before the release of the replacement currency or lower denoms?

Iraq has roughly 25 Trillion dinar in circulation and because of this the Iraqi dinar is only worth about 1/10th of a cent each. Kuwait has roughly 25 Billion dinar in circulation resulting in a dinar that is worth $3.69 USD each. That means Iraq has 24.925 Trillion more dinar in circulation than Kuwait! That's why Iraq's currency is valued as low as it is... Kuwait does have a higher per capita income than Iraq, but the per capita income in Iraq will rise as soon as they pass the HCL/Erbil (Oil and Gas Revenue Sharing)... To me it comes down to common sense... Ask yourself this... Why would Iraq spend Trillions of dollars to RV 25 Trillion dinar at 1-1 when they can cut the money supply down to 25 Billion by razing the 000's as they state they will do and then RV at 1-1 saving themselves 24.75 Trillion dollars?

When will it happen?

Iraq has been stating 2013. I personally feel we will see all of this happen once the the exchange rate drops down to 1000 IQD - 1 USD. I feel that will be the trigger to release the lower denoms at the 1 IQD - 1 USD rate... Hence the razing of the 000's... 1 OD (old dinar) = .001 USD and 1 ND (new dinar) = 1 USD which will fall in line with what Iraq has been saying 200K OD = 200 ND... It will initially be a 1-1 exchange of ND to USD to de-dollarize or pull the USD out of circulation and slowly appreciate up to be somewhere around the Kuwaiti dinar ($3.69 right now I think). Which that should pretty much triple or quadruple the return on your investment, it just won't be the windfall millions that "Those who shall remain namless" are pumping. The only negative thing or I should say downside is that it won't happen overnight, it will be a while, possibly a few more years before it gets there. It may take 2 or more years to get there, but I feel it will! Remember that this is a long term investment and keep the faith... JMHO Go read AJ's explaination of the process maybe it will make a little more sense to you...

http://dinardaily.forumotion.com/t17193-ajs-intel-01-23-12#111953

"The draft law submitted to the Council of Ministers stressed that the central bank holds in its several steps, including changing the structure of the Iraqi currency....."

The above quote from the last article Miske posted sure goes right along with the current value of the dinar. Shabibi has always said it was going to be a slow process, contrary to others beliefs.

"Central bank holds in its several steps" is the key. The dinar is revaluing slowly, which is step one. Once the dinar gets to the proper value, then Shabibi will introduce the lower denominations into Iraq, which is step two. Step three will be removal of the USD from the market place, but that will not be achieved until the dinar is at par value with the USD.

This process very well could take 2 years to complete, but it could also happen overnight, no one will know, but when it happens it will happen all at once. What I mean by this is if Shabibi decides the time is right, he could RV at the 1 to 1 par rate with the USD, release the lower denominations to buy the USD out of the market of Iraq all at once.

Hope this helps and take all intel with a grain of salt, including mine, as all are speculating and trying to second guess the process.

Thank you Miskebam for the article.

God Bless,

AJ

The following was provided by TRB. It's a very informative and unbiased research paper. Hope that some of you read this and understand how and why countries drop zeros and what that really means.
http://www.unc.edu/~lmosley/APSA%202005.pdf

Everyone please remember that this is only my opinion on the facts that have been provided to us by Iraq.

To answer your question of why am I still in this? I'm in this to make money like everyone else! I just choose to be a realist regarding this investment instead of being a dreamer.

CJ

Last edited by CaptnJerry on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:09 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed picture added link to research paper)

Inspired by Splovengates "Be ready between sunday and monday night, or maybe tuesday or wednesday, could also be thursday but definitely by friday.... probably next week, monday or late tuesday night, wednesday morning to hear the rv and should be cashing in on the following tuesday the 1st part of january or february. Sooner more than later. But no later than the beginning of 2013. Certainly not before then. Until then, let's enjoy the ride!

Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! Animated-smileys-leisure-013 Come on RI/RV!
CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! Empty Re: Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!!

Post by ADMIN Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:16 am

O MY GOSH!!! KUDOS CJ!!!

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

http://dinardaily@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! Empty Re: Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!!

Post by Jayzze Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:21 am

very good explanation i do believe it will be a one to one i will be very happy with that you always want more but i am not gready and will be very happy at that rate i do have a question if it does ri it will be chnge of rate are txes the same
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LookingAtTheHeavens Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:26 am

Very good opinion piece! I still believe God is planning a transfer of wealth to help his children do amazing things and it will take more than a couple hundred dollars to accomplish. God bless you all.
LookingAtTheHeavens
LookingAtTheHeavens
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermint Patti Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:33 am

One to one would forever change my life... Three times this would mean a lot more give away... So, whatever it is I intend to use it very carefully, like I always do with money, and thank God for the biggest and best investment I ever made.

That is one reason I haven't tried to stop anyone for purchasing more - but, I am definately not suggesting anyone does buy more as you have seen what we have all gone through. Only toasters come with guarantees and since none of us know what the wait is and with money becoming scarcer and scarcer we need to be very careful what we spend and what we spend it on. You can't eat Dinar and you can't sell it at what you purchased it at, so all of us need to be thankful for what we have and not get greedy which has been mentioned as has been mentioned many a time...

Hope and pray you all have a wonderful productive day,

Peppermint Patti...

"Only one life will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last..."

VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:37 am

Good post Miss Patti!

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by landcareunlimited Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:49 am

CaptnJerry-very thorough...thank you. I am not sure if some of the posters in this thread understand that a redenomination is not going to provide the return they were looking for.

Patty-under this (likely) scenario, you would receive a 3X return due to market appreciation on the currency over the next few years. The 1-to-1 exchange would be POST redenonmination and you would have approximately 1000 times LESS new Dinar than old Dinar.
landcareunlimited
landcareunlimited
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:57 am

landcare, I thought I was clear, but maybe I need to re-read... I got called into a meeting when I was posting and my proof read was more of a quick scan...

CJ

Inspired by Splovengates "Be ready between sunday and monday night, or maybe tuesday or wednesday, could also be thursday but definitely by friday.... probably next week, monday or late tuesday night, wednesday morning to hear the rv and should be cashing in on the following tuesday the 1st part of january or february. Sooner more than later. But no later than the beginning of 2013. Certainly not before then. Until then, let's enjoy the ride!

Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! Animated-smileys-leisure-013 Come on RI/RV!
CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:59 am

Thanks you CJ,

And PP, isn't it nice that you really understand that money is just a tool, ot a end all to be all!

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:04 am

Miske, is there any way we can make this topic a sticky?

CJ

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:07 am

DONE! Smile

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:10 am

Thank you Miske

CJ

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:32 am

Here are links to some of the Iraqi Currency Re-denomination articles so you can read for yourself... Will add more as I come across them.

Thanks to TRB for help with the links!

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ar&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Falmowatennews.com%2Fnews_view_38586.html

http://translate.google.com/translate?rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://international.daralhayat.com/internationalarticle/378550

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.moheet.com%2F2012%2F03%2F13%2F%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D9%2585%25D8%25B1%25D9%2583%25D8%25B2%25D9%258A-%25D8%
25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25B9%25D8%25B1%25D8%25A7%25D9%2582%25D9%258A-%25D9%258A%25D9%
2583%25D8%25AB%25D9%2581-%25D8%25AC%25D9%2587%25D9%2588%25D8%25AF%25D9%2587-%25D9%
2584%25D8%25AD%25D8%25B0%25D9%2581-%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25A3%25D8%25B5%25D9%
2581%2F

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.almadapaper.net%2Fnews.php%3Faction%3Dview%26id%3D61899

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Falmadapaper.net%2Fnews.php%3Faction%3Dview%26id%3D61618

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.alliraqnews.com/index.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D30118:2012-03-06-08-46-44%26catid
%3D37:2011-04-08-17-25-57%26Itemid%3D56

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ipairaq.com%2Findex.php%3Fname%3Dinner%26t%3Deconomy%26id%3D52131

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ar&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.almustakbalpaper.net%2FArticleShow.aspx%3FID%3D18591

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Falrayy.com%2F44079.htm

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ikhnews.com%2Fnews_view_34362.html

http://alsabaah.com/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=22548

http://www.kurdishglobe.net/display-article.html?id=3CBF63FA930E6C8FF6BBF1EDC3B7D027

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ar&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpukmedia.co.uk%2F2009-10-23-12-01-47%2F26440---------2013

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/2/291025/

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ar&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ikhnews.com%2Fnews_view_33051.html

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ikhnews.com%2Fnews_view_32720.html

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&langpair=ar|en&u=http://ninanews.com/arabic/News_Details.asp%3Far95_VQ%3DFJKIFL

http://www.rferl.org/content/iraq_said_planning_currency_overhaul_redenomination/24245867.html

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2011/09/06/iraq-58bn-in-currency-reserves-should-redenominate-soon/

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2011/06/27/iraq-prepares-to-redenominate-its-currency/

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2011/04/14/iraq-central-bank-to-remove-3-zeroes-from-dinar/

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2011/04/20/redenomination-and-the-spinal-tap-fallacy/

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2011/03/29/iraqi-dinar-revaluation-enthusiasts-are-unaware-of-bernie-madoff%e2%80%99s-fame/

http://www.speroforum.com/a/56072/Iraq-Said-To-Be-Planning-Currency-Overhaul-Redenomination

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aknews.com%2Far%2Faknews%2F2%2F273657%2F

Many informative articles here...
http://onedinar.forumotion.net/t28279-historical-article-central-bank-wants-to-drop-zeros-from-iraqi-dinar

CJ

Last edited by Kevind53 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:18 pm; edited 20 times in total (Reason for editing : Added new links 2/8 2/9 2/11 2/14 2/20 2/21 2/27 2/28 2/29 3/1 3/6 3/8 3/14 3/27)

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PGLD Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:41 am

If this plays out the way CaptnJerry explains it, then unless you hold hundreds of millions of dinar or even billions, no one will be quitting their day job. As it stands now, according to this explanation, my annual work bonus (this June) will be much greater than any cash-in, even at rates several years from now.

Captn, I respectfully say I hope you're dead wrong and this has been smoke to throw everyone off.......but I believe you're right....time will tell....
PGLD
PGLD

Back to top Go down

Post by chevysteve Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:42 am

Hey, what is a "sticky"?? I have seen the term before but, was unsure of just what it meant. I thought it was what my finger got after sticking it up my nose:)

Also, how do I find older threads? This morning, I was looking at the "scrolling threads" and by the time I got done reading some others, another that I wanted to read was gone. Is thier a way to look up threads or articles by date??

Sorry to be so foolish but, I want to learn how to navigate around quicker. Thank You!!!!
chevysteve
chevysteve
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:44 am

I have to be honest, for a while there whenever I would see the word "LOP" in a post, my eyes would roll back in my head,

The only time I want to hear the word "LOP" is when someone is talking about rabbits,

Thanks for the work in this, good information for all of us interested in the IQD.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:38 pm

DOOMED DOOOOMED I TELL YA OHHHH THE SHAME ...I WILL HAVE TO HYDE FROM HERE ON OUT .I WAS SO SURE ID BE RICH..AND TOLD MANY OTHERS ABOUT IT NOW NOT ONLY WILL I BE POOR BUT POOR WITH OUT FRIENDS TOO..I HATE IRAQ AND THIS INVESTMENT...
geezer
geezer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milleriniraq Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:50 pm

I will say this, if this does redenominate instead of RV, there are going to be alot of "intel givers" who have taken alot of people's hopes and dreams. I sure hope it doesn't work out that way but if it does, there will be no excuses for the pumping that has occured.

milleriniraq
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:56 pm

milleriniraq wrote:I will say this, if this does redenominate instead of RV, there are going to be alot of "intel givers" who have taken alot of people's hopes and dreams. I sure hope it doesn't work out that way but if it does, there will be no excuses for the pumping that has occured.

Yes! They would virtually have to drop off the planet now wouldn't they? ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:32 pm

I agree with landcare that it seems that some people didnt really read the post or understand it correctly. Tho Cj, you did a PERFECT job explaining what a lop/redom is.

To simplify for those that didnt get it. If they lop/redom, you wont make anything off the bat. The dinar you hold right now (25k note worth $21.50) will still be worth the same value right now ($21.50). Now if the dinar goes up in value after they redenom/lop lets say to $3 per dinar, then that 25k note that was worth $21.50 is now worth $75.00. So basically once it redenom/lops, you should hold on and wait to see it rise in value before doing anything.

Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! Opinio10
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:35 pm

rick152 wrote:
milleriniraq wrote:I will say this, if this does redenominate instead of RV, there are going to be alot of "intel givers" who have taken alot of people's hopes and dreams. I sure hope it doesn't work out that way but if it does, there will be no excuses for the pumping that has occured.

Yes! They would virtually have to drop off the planet now wouldn't they? ...rick152

There are people tracking what the 'intel givers' have been saying and I will put money on lawsuits once this is over and doesnt turn out the way they claim it will. There are so many of those intel givers that flat out say Iraq CANT and WONT lop. Thats a big mistake to say. People can hold you to that and claim you basically guaranteed it. Which is why I keep saying to those people to say its their opinion that they wont but cant say for sure. And people know the real names and where these intel givers are. I would not want to be any of them if this doesnt happen the way they claim it will......
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyRoxy Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Wow, what a great post and some great comments. Thank you!

I am puzzled, though. I thought the budget had been set based on something more than $3.00. I thought there were contracts out there being written based on an RVd value. I thought there were "whales" cashing in at high rates and being told they couldn't touch their accounts till after the RV. I thought Iraq couldn't be a sovereign nation without an internationally-tradable currency. I thought they couldn't join the WTO without revaluing their currency.

Are those issues factual, or are they all just "opinion," too?

My gut feeling is that I think there will be some kind of an RV. I hope I'm right. I have many plans to help many people, and I know I'm not alone in that.
FoxyRoxy
FoxyRoxy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:31 pm

FoxyRoxy wrote:Wow, what a great post and some great comments. Thank you!

I am puzzled, though. I thought the budget had been set based on something more than $3.00. I thought there were contracts out there being written based on an RVd value. I thought there were "whales" cashing in at high rates and being told they couldn't touch their accounts till after the RV. I thought Iraq couldn't be a sovereign nation without an internationally-tradable currency. I thought they couldn't join the WTO without revaluing their currency.

Are those issues factual, or are they all just "opinion," too?

My gut feeling is that I think there will be some kind of an RV. I hope I'm right. I have many plans to help many people, and I know I'm not alone in that.

NO country sets their budget or balances it by revaluing their money. If that was the case, we could just change our value to balance ours. NO PROOF of any whales ever cashing in, NO PROOF of any contracts paid in rv'd rate or whatever. Iraq can be sovereign since they are right now according to Obama etc. Even if they were to have an internationally traded currency, who says what the rate has to be, the could keep it at 1166. Who knows when they will enter the WTO, and I dont see where they HAVE to rv to be in it.

All those issues are basically opinions of some intel providers.
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyRoxy Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:42 pm

therealbutterfly wrote:
NO country sets their budget or balances it by revaluing their money. If that was the case, we could just change our value to balance ours. NO PROOF of any whales ever cashing in, NO PROOF of any contracts paid in rv'd rate or whatever. Iraq can be sovereign since they are right now according to Obama etc. Even if they were to have an internationally traded currency, who says what the rate has to be, the could keep it at 1166. Who knows when they will enter the WTO, and I dont see where they HAVE to rv to be in it.

All those issues are basically opinions of some intel providers.

Great. I guess we'll know the truth soon enough. I think it's time to take another break away from the boards. :(
FoxyRoxy
FoxyRoxy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:52 pm

therealbutterfly wrote:
rick152 wrote:

There are people tracking what the 'intel givers' have been saying and I will put money on lawsuits once this is over and doesnt turn out the way they claim it will. There are so many of those intel givers that flat out say Iraq CANT and WONT lop. Thats a big mistake to say. People can hold you to that and claim you basically guaranteed it. Which is why I keep saying to those people to say its their opinion that they wont but cant say for sure. And people know the real names and where these intel givers are. I would not want to be any of them if this doesnt happen the way they claim it will......
I HAVE A WHOLE LIBRARY OF THEM AND THERE STATEMENTS FROM TK TO OKIE TO BLUEWOLF ,BULL DOG ALL OF THEM BECAUSE I HAD A FEELING I WOULD NEED THEM TO GET RICH ........ :study: bigsmile SAVED ALL OF THEM FROM 2009 WHEN I FIRST HEARD OF THIS THIORY.ILL BURN A DISK NOW.
geezer
geezer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Even if it does not happen the way they say, and a suit gets filed, the only ones who will get rich are the lawyers who file the class action suit. The original parties will get a little, other class members will get a pittance, and the lawyers will walk away with millions. That's the way it always works.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! 2805820865  Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! 2805820865  Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! 2805820865  Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Kevind53 wrote:Even if it does not happen the way they say, and a suit gets filed, the only ones who will get rich are the lawyers who file the class action suit. The original parties will get a little, other class members will get a pittance, and the lawyers will walk away with millions. That's the way it always works.

True but it DOES make those who created the needless hype pay....
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LookingAtTheHeavens Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:45 pm

FoxyRoxy wrote:
Great. I guess we'll know the truth soon enough. I think it's time to take another break away from the boards. :(

Noooo! Don't let the LOP crew bring you down and chase you away. God is going give us a great blessing to do his work. It won't be possible in this oppressive poverty we have been enslaved to. Change is coming.
LookingAtTheHeavens
LookingAtTheHeavens
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Who exactly is the "LOP" crew?

CJ

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by crawdaddy2x22 Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:09 pm

There has been something bothering me for awhile and I mean this with all do respect, but I have never been comfortable asking god to make me rich. I've asked him for many things including a pony when I was 6. I feel god provides us with what we need and in a nut shell I question if instant wealth is a good thing. Don't get me wrong I dream of it! I see alot of posts that state that this is gods will as their only bases of this happening or not happening. I guess what I'm saying is there were good reasons I didnt get my pony.

Last edited by crawdaddy2x22 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : cant type)
crawdaddy2x22
crawdaddy2x22
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyRoxy Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:11 pm

LookingAtTheHeavens wrote:
FoxyRoxy wrote:

Noooo! Don't let the LOP crew bring you down and chase you away. God is going give us a great blessing to do his work. It won't be possible in this oppressive poverty we have been enslaved to. Change is coming.

lol -- well, every time I pop in to OOMF, I find some pretty depressing stuff! Sometimes I think I'd rather live with my head buried in the sand till this thing is over, one way or another. (Just kidding, of course.)

I do believe we will have an RV, but I also feel we need to consider all possibilities, and this post and thread are worth reading.
🐱
FoxyRoxy
FoxyRoxy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by supergirl Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:14 pm

FoxyRoxy wrote:
LookingAtTheHeavens wrote:
FoxyRoxy wrote:

lol -- well, every time I pop in to OOMF, I find some pretty depressing stuff! Sometimes I think I'd rather live with my head buried in the sand till this thing is over, one way or another. (Just kidding, of course.)

I do believe we will have an RV, but I also feel we need to consider all possibilities, and this post and thread are worth reading.
🐱

@foxyroxy ditto what @lookingatheavens said.... GO RV!!!
supergirl
supergirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LookingAtTheHeavens Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:13 pm

crawdaddy2x22 wrote:There has been something bothering me for awhile and I mean this with all do respect, but I have never been comfortable asking god to make me rich. I've asked him for many things including a pony when I was 6. I feel god provides us with what we need and in a nut shell I question if instant wealth is a good thing. Don't get me wrong I dream of it! I see alot of posts that state that this is gods will as their only bases of this happening or not happening. I guess what I'm saying is there were good reasons I didnt get my pony.

I've never asked to be rich either and you wont see me living lavish after this RVs. I'm just in the belief that we are about to witness and receive the transfer of wealth prophesized in the Bible.
LookingAtTheHeavens
LookingAtTheHeavens
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LookingAtTheHeavens Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:17 pm

This is what happens when you accomodate negativity. This is twice now I've seen posters condemning Okie. How sad.
LookingAtTheHeavens
LookingAtTheHeavens
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milleriniraq Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:42 pm

Don't give me "how sad". When you put your name to something, it should be truth and if it's not, then that's a problem for whoever is spouting the tripe. There are desperate people out there and I know everybody is in charge of their own feelings, however, we are not to deceive or take advantage of our brethren. The bottom line is, there have been people who have apparently taken their own lives do to this situation not happening and THAT is truly sad. Negativity, or reality as most of us call it, doesn't change the outcome here.

Let's hope it happens but if it doesn't, I wouldn't want to be the numerous know it alls that have hyped this beyond belief. Bad combination.

milleriniraq
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:18 pm

crawdaddy2x22 wrote:There has been something bothering me for awhile and I mean this with all do respect, but I have never been comfortable asking god to make me rich. I've asked him for many things including a pony when I was 6. I feel god provides us with what we need and in a nut shell I question if instant wealth is a good thing. Don't get me wrong I dream of it! I see alot of posts that state that this is gods will as their only bases of this happening or not happening. I guess what I'm saying is there were good reasons I didnt get my pony.

I dont ask the Lord to make me rich... I just ask that He make a way for me to return to those that have helped me, and also for me to be able to help those that, for now, all I can do is pray for them...

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdaddytim Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:25 pm

It doesn't hurt to ask. Just put "feet to your faith". The pastors of the most prosperous "mega churches" haven't had the least bit of problem accepting what has been given to them. Neither should you.
bigdaddytim
bigdaddytim
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:32 pm

It seems that Zambia also re-denominated their currency a couple of days ago.

http://wiredproject316.wordpress.com/2012/01/23/flash-zambia-devalues-currency/

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PGLD Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:41 pm

IQD is next...be prepared...
PGLD
PGLD

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:46 pm

LookingAtTheHeavens wrote:This is what happens when you accomodate negativity. This is twice now I've seen posters condemning Okie. How sad.

Who is condemning Okie in this thread?

CJ

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LookingAtTheHeavens Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:10 pm

CaptnJerry wrote:
LookingAtTheHeavens wrote:This is what happens when you accomodate negativity. This is twice now I've seen posters condemning Okie. How sad.

CJ

The post was deleted thankfully. That kind of trash shouldn't be seen by anybody.
LookingAtTheHeavens
LookingAtTheHeavens
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

CaptnJerry wrote:

CJ

Post was removed.

Posts that defame or
insult OOM, its moderators and administrator, or your fellow members
will not be allowed. Even if it is just your own personal opinion,
RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.
Do not degrade or discredit, slander or use offensive comments against other forums, their admins and mods or their members.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! 2805820865  Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! 2805820865  Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! 2805820865  Re-denomination... A very real possibility and it's nothing to be afraid of!! 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:19 pm

Cool... Thanks Kevin

CJ

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by wenlee Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:25 pm

In regards to the original post, sometimes fellow dinarians may just be losing hope due to we do not know what other stresses that may be dealing with in their personal lives. Way to go to those who choose to lift this person up by offering praying rather than condemnation of negativity.

wenlee

Back to top Go down

Post by crawdaddy2x22 Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:26 pm

I guess Im still mad I didnt get my pony!!!
crawdaddy2x22
crawdaddy2x22
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:30 pm

CaptnJerry wrote:Cool... Thanks Kevin

CJ

CaptnJerry makes DinarDaddys... CONGRATS CJ!

http://theiraqidinar.com/2012/01/26/captnjerry-re-denomination-a-very-real-possibility-and-its-nothing-to-be-afraid-of-oom-12612/

:cheers:

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:31 pm

wenlee wrote:In regards to the original post, sometimes fellow dinarians may just be losing hope due to we do not know what other stresses that may be dealing with in their personal lives. Way to go to those who choose to lift this person up by offering praying rather than condemnation of negativity.

Thank you wenlee and WELCOME TO OOM!

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:32 pm

crawdaddy2x22 wrote:I guess Im still mad I didnt get my pony!!!

POST RV... I will buy you a pony... until then you can barrow our ponee lol!

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyRoxy Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:34 pm

I think Okie has a great, big heart and wants only the best for everybody. I don't believe for a minute that he would be intentionally lying. I'm sure he's just as befuddled and disappointed as the rest of us that things haven't worked out the way he believed they would. I respect and appreciate him. More than anything, though, I'd like to see him (or ANY of the "gurus") be right just ONCE -- that's all we need! Razz
FoxyRoxy
FoxyRoxy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:42 pm

There is no short answer. The fact is that neither poverty nor prosperity theory is correct. What we find in God's word is what I call a "Stewardship Theology." That is if you use what He provides wisely, basing your decisions upon what I call the rule of love, He will bless you and not just provide your needs, but provide them according to His riches and glory. I am overly simplifying this for here, but if you want more info, I have some teachings on line on a blog. You can start here: http://watchersonthewall.wordpress.com/2009/11/05/biblical-finances-part-1/ There are in total 4 parts, and still they only scratch the surface. Finances and prosperity is the most talked about subject in the bible, so rest assured it must be important to God.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum