Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares

Go down

Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares  Empty Vietnam - Slow inflation fails to lift shares

Post by lexie Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:44 pm

24/10/2011

Slow inflation fails to lift shares

Viet Nam's stock market declined again this week with the VN-Index on the HCM Stock Exchange dropping 0.83 per cent over the course of last week to end Friday at 411.03 points, while the HNX-Index trod water to finish the week at 69.13 points on the Ha Noi Stock Exchange.

News on low inflation rates in October in the two major cities of Ha Noi (0.13 per cent) and HCM City (0.19 per cent) was not well received. Up to 16 of a total 24 sectors declined, with banking shares seeing the sharpest drop of 17.4 per cent due to negative information about bank liquidity; followed by real estate and construction sectors each decreasing by over 2 per cent.

Investors remained prudent with their transactions, driving down both market volume and value. Market volume declined to just 13.7 million shares in HCM City on Thursday, the lowest since March 2009, while the trading volume also reached only 17 million shares in Ha Noi.

Daily market volume on the southern bourse fell 18.6 per cent overall compared to the previous week, totalling just 25.2 million shares worth VND433.4 billion (US$20.6 million) per session. Trading volume on the Ha Noi bourse also decreased 15.3 per cent over the previous week's level, averaging just 27.8 million shares worth VND265 billion ($12.6 million) per day.

Trading improved in the last two sessions with many codes rising to the ceiling, but cash flow still focused on hot codes such as Becamex Infrastructure Investment (IJC) and construction Hoang Quan Corp (HQC) in HCM City, and securities companies such as Kim Long (KLS) and VNDirect (VND) in Ha Noi.

Eximbank (EIB) saw the busiest trade last week with over 7.5 million shares, worth more than VND98 billion ($4.7 million), changing hands.

Transactions by foreign investors remained sluggish. They continued to conclude last week as net sellers on both exchanges, unloading a combined VND78 billion ($3.7 million) worth of shares, focusing on shares of property developer Hoang Anh Gia Lai Co (HAG) with a net sell value of VND29 billion ($1.4 million).

Recent developments on the financial markets revealed its continued instability, with the interbank exchange rate climbing 11 times in one month to VND20,748 against the US dollar, and rising interbank rate over the past week which showed continued problems of liquidity among small banks, analyst with a Ha Noi-based financial company Nguyen Viet Vinh wrote in a report.

Data on the national inflation rate in October would be released this week and was forecast to be around 0.4-0.5 per cent due to the negative impacts of recent natural disasters, Vinh said.

"If so, the country's inflation rate in the first 10 months of this year will reach 17.1 per cent against December of last year. This slowdown in inflation is creating a positive signal for reaching the Government's inflation target and helping reduce interest rates in the near future."

Vinh said improving trading in the last two session partly eased investors' concerns on a further downturn but he warned it was still too early to confirm another uptrend.

"Trading volumes and value are now considered the most important indicator to monitor the market trend," he said. "However, it's a fact in Viet Nam's market that supply and demand can unexpectedly change and the market risk remains high."

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/en/business/14545/slow-inflation-fails-to-lift-shares.html

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum