Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks

Go down

European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks Empty European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks

Post by RamblerNash Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:35 am

European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks 23192
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development

09/22/2020

Economy News - Baghdad

Jürgen Rigtrenk, Acting President of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), said that the bank is looking into a membership application submitted by Iraq.

Rigtrenk added: "A decision on Iraq's membership will be taken by the Board of Governors at the annual meeting to be held after three weeks," according to "Reuters".

Iraq, whose economy is suffering from the repercussions of the Corona virus crisis and the decline in oil prices, may obtain financing to support the private sector if it joins the bank.

The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) was established in 1991 to help ex-communist countries in Eastern Europe transform into a market economy, and the Group of Seven major countries owns a majority stake in the bank, which over the past years began expanding its geographical scope to countries including Egypt and Tunisia. And Morocco.

Earlier this year, bank shareholders gave the green light to grant membership to Algeria.

"Algeria's membership has been approved, but we hope that we will be able to take the final steps, which will determine whether or not it will become a country that receives funding or not, at the beginning of next year, which is a decision that the bank’s shareholders will take," he said.

He added that a potential expansion of the bank's operations to sub-Saharan Africa has been delayed as the bank deals with the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

The bank said it expects to invest 21 billion euros until the end of 2021 to provide support during the pandemic.

Until the end of August, the bank had invested 1.34 billion euros in the southern and eastern Mediterranean region, which includes Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco and Tunisia, which is more than double what it invested in the region in the same period last year.

But Rigtrenk said that Lebanon has not witnessed any activity of the bank this year, adding: "For us, having a successful program with the International Monetary Fund is important for the stability of this country from an economic and financial point of view."

https://economy-news.net/content.php?id=21948

European Union for Reconstruction settles Iraq’s membership within 3 weeks 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum