Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone

Go down

The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone Empty The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone

Post by claud39 Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:06 am

[size=32]The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone[/size]

The heart of Baghdad is breathing open the streets of the Green Zone %D8%A8%D8%BA%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%AF-300x220

BAGHDAD - The Green Zone, which has long been the symbol of Saddam Hussein's regime, has become a symbol of US occupation and has become the preserve of government officials to open its doors to all Iraqis, most of whom have been denied passage in the heart of Baghdad.

The public has not been able to enter the Green Zone for 16 years, until a few months ago the authorities issued a resolution allowing passage through its streets for limited hours each day. However, this area, which stretches much of it on the banks of the Tigris, returned from Tuesday, the first day of Eid al-Fitr to receive everyone and allowed to pass through its streets day and night.

"With the start of the Eid, the Green Zone will open 24 hours and additional gates will be opened, including the gate leading to the Ministry of Defense," Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi told a news conference on Sunday.

The Muslims of Iraq, like other Muslim countries, celebrate Eid al-Fitr from Tuesday.

Abu Majid, a 49-year-old taxi driver, speaking from his car amid a gorge over the Republican Bridge (center), welcomed the opening of the Green Zone, saying "the traffic will be better and the traffic will be better" on the streets.

"This is the joy of people," said the man, who has not set foot in the Green Zone for years with a smile, saying "because the crowds will be down in the streets of Baghdad."

Cultural complexes and complexes

This spot, which is divided by wide streets, does not know the hustle and spread on its sides beautiful green trees, many symbols for the Iraqis, especially for the vast capital Baghdad and inhabited by nearly eight million people.

In addition to alleviating the suffering of people from traffic jams, especially during the hot summer season, which lasts several months, the Green Zone has great meanings for this city, which was the capital of the Abbasid state and an important cultural center for years, before being hijacked by sectarian violence in the years following the invasion of Iraq.

Until the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003, this 10-square-kilometer area, located in the heart of Baghdad, was the site of presidential palaces, the House of Representatives and other important headquarters.

Prior to the invasion, most of the Green Zone's homes were reserved for prominent officials and members of the Baath Party, which ruled the country for decades, with statues and stone arches similar to the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem. However, its streets were not forbidden to Iraqis.

However, after the entry of the occupation tanks to Baghdad in April 2003, this spot, which was taken from a holy shrine on one side, turned into a green area, unlike the rest of the city of Baghdad, which became a red zone due to deteriorating security and escalating violence.

It is not known what is going on in this fortress isolated completely because of the placement of cement barriers and barbed wire even on the Tigris River, after it was receiving Iraqi families, especially on the weekend to visit the beautiful monuments and cultural complexes.

Over the past few years, only a few Iraqis have been able to enter the region after undergoing a series of stringent security measures, including obtaining special cards.

Break the transcendental feeling

In the past years, the region has not been populated by government officials, politicians, political parties, Americans, Britons and foreigners. Their embassy is located in this highly-favored area, while the rest of Baghdad lives in the opposite reality.

Political analyst Ghaleb Shabandar said that the reopening of the streets of the Green Zone carries many meanings.

For his part, believes security analyst Fadel Abu Ragheef, saying that the re-opening of the Green Zone "bear local returns to win the people and break the psychological barriers caused by the presence of the Green Zone," adding, "At the international level is a confirmation that the security situation has become reassuring and investment companies can work In Iraq, and that Iraq has become a whole green area. "

"Is the Green Zone a miracle?" Said Abu Sadiq, 40, a day laborer in an electrical appliances shop in central Baghdad. "We have had 15 years (since the fall of Saddam Hussein) and they have not given us anything." "People need to address unemployment and improve services such as electricity, water, health and others," he said.

The Arabs

http://rawabetcenter.com/archives/90191
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum