Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’

Go down

Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  Empty Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’

Post by RamblerNash Sat May 11, 2019 11:03 am

Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’

By Rudaw 18 hours ago

Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  444262Image1

Iraqi former Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki posted this photo on his Facebook page on May 10, 2019.

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region — The United States and Iran should refrain from “beating war drums,” commented Iraqi former Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki on Friday, and instead choose dialogue. He also warned that Iraq has just escaped Islamic State (ISIS) conflict and its sleeper cells remain a threat.

"The military escalation in the region, beating war drums, and the wave of confrontation, accompanied by the unilateral imposition of economic sanctions from the [United States] against neighboring Islamic Republic [of Iran] — which is contrary to international laws and norms — will create serious repercussions for the Muslim people of Iran and all the people of the region,” the head of State of Law Coalition, said in a statement on his Facebook page.

The typical victims of this escalation are Iraqis “who have just gotten out from a devastating war against the terrorist organization Daesh whose sleeper cells still threaten the stability and security of Iraq," Maliki added, using another term for the Islamic State (ISIS).

He “emphasized” that the role of the United Nations Security Council and international community is “to extinguish the fuse of the explosion which will be unleashed to the entire world."

Maliki said that for the sake of the interests of the people and security of the region “we call on all to announce a unified position regarding policies which threaten the interests of the people of the region and the world,” urging them to use “the language of reason and dialogue.”

Maliki was prime minister of Iraq from 2006 until 2014 when he faced immense pressure to step aside from Iran, the United States, Kurds, and Sunni Arabs, as the country was being overrun by the Islamic State (ISIS).

Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi repeatedly has said the country doesn't want to be sucked into an international tug-of-war between the United States and Iran.

Related: US President Trump tells Iranian leaders to call him

US National Security Advisor John Bolton said in a statement on Sunday that the USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group and a bomber task force were being deployed to the Middle East.

Anonymous sources told The Associated Press that US forces at sea and on land were thought to be the potential targets.

The US Navy posted video of the aircraft carrier passing through the Suez Canal on May 9.

On Thursday, a senior Hashd al-Shaabi commander condemned US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's unannounced visit to Baghdad for a meeting with Abdul-Mahdi on Friday.

“Americans are in trouble now, especially considering that US troops' bases are known in Iraq and the region and can be targeted easily,” Moeen al-Kadhimi had said. “Pompeo's statements indicate the great fear Americans are witnessing today."

Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  Iraqi 

Nassim Abdullah, a member of Hadi al-Amiri's Fatih bloc, speaks with Rudaw TV on Friday.

"The claims that Hashd al-Shaabi will clash with the US troops have been denied. Hashd al-Shaabi is a security force under the authority of the Prime Minister, and it is politically and on the ground affiliated to the Iraqi government ... we work in line with the policy of the state," said Nassim Abdullah, a member of Hadi al-Amiri's Fatih bloc.

Amiri is the head of Badr Organization which is known to have close ties to Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) — a designated foreign terrorist organization by the United States.

The commander and politician secured the second most seats leading Fatih in last year's Iraqi parliamentary election.

The United States repeatedly maintains that its presence in Iraq is contingent upon Baghdad's request.

However if Iraqi sovereignty is violated, targeting US troops inside and outside the country is possible, Kadhimi added.

However neutrality is difficult for Baghdad as much of eastern and southern Iraq has shared culture, trade, and religion with people in Iran, while the north of the country and the Kurdistan Region benefit from trade with Turkey. Iraq's Sunni Arab minority also maintain strong business ties to Arab states across the region.

Iran’s oil sector has been the main target in sanctions re-imposed by Washington after Trump pulled out of the nuclear accord on May 8, 2018, labelling Iran the world’s largest state sponsor of terror and demanding Tehran rein in its regional activities.

A year on, Iran’s currency has lost over 60 percent of its value, factories have been closed, and unemployment has jumped.

The Iraqi dinar has stayed relatively even with the US dollar over the past year with 1,000 IQD worth about 84 cents across the country.

http://www.rudaw.net/english/middleeast/iraq/100520191

Former Iraqi PM Maliki calls on US, Iran to end ‘military escalation’  258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum