Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
  Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan

Go down

Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan Empty Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan

Post by claud39 Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:46 am

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=14947

Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan

01/02/2019

Sharp decline in investment in Iraqi Kurdistan 12165

Economy News Baghdad

The Kurdistan Region Investors Union revealed a sharp drop in investment during the past two years, affected by the economic and political sanctions imposed by the central government in Baghdad on Erbil following the September 2017 separation referendum, the closure of Iran and Turkey to land borders and the suspension of flights, Of the budget, as well as the war against the organization of "dashing."
Yassin Mahmoud, spokesman for the Union of Investors in the region, said in a press conference last Monday that the Kurdistan region has witnessed since 2006 the granting of investment licenses in several sectors exceeded more than 70 billion dollars, but the value of investments that have been granted licenses and stopped up to about 14 billion dollars.

"The objective of these statistics is to make it clear to the new government in the region to learn how to deal with the investment situation," Mahmoud said.
He pointed out that among the reasons for the decline in investment in Sulaymaniyah, the closure of the international airport in the province, resulting in significant losses in the transport, tourism and housing in particular.
Since the US occupation of Iraq in 2003, the Kurdistan region of Iraq has become a major attraction for both Iraqi and foreign investors because of the stability in the region and the granting of large facilities in the sectors of housing, energy and tourism, but the entry of Erbil on the line of direct combat against what is known as " , And the escalation of terrorist threats adversely affected investment in the region.
The investment was also affected by the referendum on the separation of the region in September 2017 from Iraq and the subsequent economic and political sanctions imposed by Baghdad on Erbil, coinciding with the closure of Iran and Turkey to the land border with Iraqi Kurdistan and the suspension of flights.
In addition to the sanctions, Baghdad launched a military campaign in which control was taken over the province of Kirkuk and about 20 other towns were controlled by the Peshmerga forces, as well as the reduction of the central government in Baghdad, the share of the province in the budget of Iraq from 21% in 2015 to 17% in the budget of 2016, 12.7% in the following year and then to 12.4% in 2018, based on population ratios in Iraq.
"The first reason for the decline in investment in Kurdistan is in the crisis of the referendum and the subsequent political and military crisis on the region and problems with neighboring countries such as the closure of borders and airports," said Saad al-Nayel, an adviser to the Iraqi Stock Exchange. Baghdad imposed an air embargo on the region, all of which are negative signals to the owners of funds.
He added that "the improvement of security in Baghdad and other areas in Iraq and the restoration of the provinces of the north and west from the grip of Dahesh, pushing part of the investors' funds to these regions instead of the region, in addition to the decline in the number of displaced to about 3 men and moved the housing sector specifically where they were built Hundreds of residential compounds. "
"The injection of investments has become an adventure because the situation around us is unstable," said Shirzad Khurshid, an agricultural investor in Erbil.
"Investment is currently very good in the transport and energy sectors, then tourism later, while housing, commercial centers, industrial facilities and others are risk-free and can not be taken," Khurshid said.
He predicted that the recession will continue until the political situation stabilizes, and the government gives new facilities and reassurances to the investors and the return of the Turkish businessmen, who withdrew a while ago because of the situation in the region after the referendum on secession.

Source: The New Arab
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum