Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing.

2 posters

Go down

A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. Empty A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing.

Post by Purpleskyz Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:27 pm

A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing.

A child gave a teacher a simple gift that's bringing people to tears.

It's not what you give, but the thought and sacrifice behind what you give that counts. And this gift a teacher received is so thoughtful and sacrificial it hurts.
Facebook user and elementary school teacher Rachel Uretsky-Pratt shared a photo of a gift one her students gave her—a simple bag of Lucky Charms marshmallows—along with a description of how it was given to her:

A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. 48424551_2435260846545665_9003967760002187264_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

[quote][i]"To help put your life into perspective: Today was the last day before our winter break. We will have two weeks off to rest with our families and loved ones over the holidays then head back to school in 2019.With it being the day before break and Christmas right around the corner, most teachers bring their kiddos something such as books or little treats and occasionally in return receive something from their students.Today I received some chocolates, sweet handmade notes, some jewelry, but these Lucky Charm marshmallows stood out to me the most.You see, 100% of my school is on free/reduced lunch. They also get free breakfast at school every day of the school week. This kiddo wanted to get my something so badly, but had nothing to give.So rather than give me nothing, this student opened up her free breakfast cereal this morning, took the packaging of her spork, straw, and napkin, and finally took the time to take every marshmallow out of her cereal to put in a bag—for me. Be grateful for what you have, and what others give you. It all truly comes from the deepest parts of their hearts. Happy Holidays.

How unbelievably sweet. I can just picture this student sitting carefully pulling the marshmallows from her cereal—obviously the best part—and carefully wrapping them up for her beloved teacher.
Oof, my heart.
It doesn't matter how much a present costs. This student doesn't have much, yet she was willing to give up one of the pleasures she does have in order to express her gratitude and bring a smile to her teacher's face.

Research has shown that those who are poor tend to be more generous with their giving than those who are wealthy.

One might assume that a person who has very little would be inclined to hold onto it, while those who have plenty would be more willing to let things go. But that's often not the case. Berkeley psychology researcher Paul Piff conducted a published study that found that people of lower socioeconomic means were more willing to give what they had, while the richer tended to be more miserly.
And not all giving is equally sacrificial. When you consider how much greater a burden $5 or $10 is to someone struggling to put food on the table compared to someone with a five-figure savings account, a small gift from someone of lesser means is actually a lot more generous than it would be from their wealthier counterparts.
And when you have no money with which to buy a gift and have to get creative with what you have? That's when a present means the most. The spirit of giving is alive and well in this thoughtful student, and whoever is raising her deserve some praise.

Share image: Rachel Uretsky-Pratt/Facebook.

Thanks to: https://www.upworthy.com

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. 2245507099A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing. Empty Re: A teacher shared a simple gift a student gave her, and it's seriously the sweetest thing.

Post by Ponee Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:24 am

OHHHH MY HEART!  

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum