Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b

Go down

Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b Empty Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b

Post by GirlBye Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:07 pm

Iraq Electricity Debt to Iran Reaches $1b 05_iraq

Iraqi authorities had agreed to repay the debt in $100 million installments.

Iraq's debt to Iran for electricity imports has reached $1 billion, deputy energy minister said on Wednesday.

“Although plans had been made to help Iraq settle its massive debts by monthly installments, the war-ravaged country has fallen short of clearing its outstanding debts,” Houshang Falahatian was also quoted as saying by Mehr News Agency.

According to the official, serious negotiations are underway with Iraqi officials to settle the debt as soon as possible.
Referring to the previous agreement between the two sides, Falahatian added that Iraqi authorities had agreed to repay the debt by paying $100 million per month, yet after clearing three installments, they started to procrastinate.

Stressing that the piled up debts have nothing to do with financial and banking restrictions, he said, "The unsettled dues have accumulated over the past year."

Falahatian believes that the plunge of oil prices over the past two years has weighed heavily on Iraq's budget and financial resources.
The official added that as long as new negotiations are being held, electricity exports will not stop.

According to Mojib al-Hesani, the head of Basra Energy Committee, plans have been devised to provide Rumaila, Shatt al-Basra and al-Najibiyah power plants with gas imported from Iran.

"Basra needs 3,500 MW of electricity, of which 1,500 MW are generated in al-Najibiyah gas turbine power plant," he added, noting that as soon as the other two power plants are provided with the much-needed natural gas, electricity cuts will become a thing of the past.

Gas Supplies
Tehran and Baghdad signed a draft deal in 2013 to transfer Iran’s gas to two Iraqi power plants. However, the two countries agreed to postpone exports to the second quarter of 2015, given the political insecurity in the region.

Based on the contract, gas export will start at 4 million cubic meters per day and gradually reach 25 mcm/d. There are plans to increase exports to 30-50 mcm/d in the future.

A 270-kilometer pipeline stretches from Charmaleh, a village located in the western province of Kermanshah in Iran, to Naft Shahr, a town bordering Iraq and then to power plants in Baghdad. A second route, with a capacity of 30 mcm/d, will pass through Basra.

Gas export to Basra is expected to begin in 2016. A 142-kilometer pipeline is to be extended from IGAT VI to Basra.

https://financialtribune.com/articles/energy/52837/iraq-electricity-debt-to-iran-reaches-1b
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum