Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence

Go down

UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence Empty UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence

Post by RamblerNash Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:15 pm

UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence

UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence 3d114ed8ebeab06b04ec1c1f8f92b1de_L

05/03/2018 - 20:06 Iraq

The Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations on sexual violence in conflict situations urged the Iraqi Government to redress the victims of such violence and to hold perpetrators to account and to carry out the necessary legislative reform to combat them.

Pamela Patten concluded an eight-day visit to Iraq and heard directly stories and stories recounted by survivors of sexual violence committed by a sympathetic organization.

The United Nations envoy stressed the need to ensure the full protection of survivors of sexual violence in conflict situations and to bring the perpetrators of such heinous crimes to justice.

A statement by the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) that Patten met with Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Abadi and senior officials in the government and the Kurdistan Region in Baghdad, Erbil and Mosul.

As well as directly with survivors, civil society groups and religious leaders from Christians, Shiites, Sunnis, Turkmen, Shiites and Yazidis.

Patten discussed the situation of women and girls still in captivity as well as those of their families. She asked about the current efforts to find out whereabouts and urged the authorities to speed up their rescue.

The statement pointed out that women are very concerned about their safety when they return to their homes and have expressed their fears of retaliation.

"I call on all clergy and tribal elders to welcome the return of survivors of sexual violence and their children," Patten said. "I appeal to the government to find legal ways to recognize their children as Iraqi citizens." It is necessary for all to work to transform the stigma of the victims into those who committed them. I also urge the government to ensure that women and girls are not unjustly viewed as sympathetic and sympathetic. "

Patten called on Iraqi officials to ensure that perpetrators of these crimes are held to account not only for terrorist crimes, but also for the full range of crimes of sexual violence committed against Iraqi women and children, including kidnapping, rape, sexual slavery and forced marriage.

She noted that her office stands ready to work directly with Iraqi judges, investigators and prosecutors and the new investigation team set up under UN Security Council Resolution UNSCR 2379.

And that its expert group on the rule of law and sexual violence was also ready to provide support in legislative reform, in particular to criminalize war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide in Iraq.

In the city of Mosul, where thousands of Iraqi women and girls were raped, sexually enslaved and other forms of sexual violence committed by a sympathetic organization, Lord Ahmed of Wimbledon, the Special Representative of the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom for the Prevention of Sexual Violence in Conflict, joined Patten, urging authorities In the province of Nineveh to meet the urgent needs of survivors within the current efforts for reconstruction, including through the increase in medical services, mental health and psychosocial support and support for economic livelihoods.

Ms. Patten's visit took place from 26 February to 5 March at the invitation of the Government pursuant to the 2016 Joint Statement of the United Nations and Iraq to Prevent and Address Sexual Violence Involved in Conflict.

Her visit coincided with the ratification of the plan for the implementation of the Joint Statement between Iraq and the United Nations, which emphasized specific measures of justice, accountability and services focusing on survivors and working with civil society organizations, clergy, clan elders and the media.

"The development of this implementation plan shows the Iraqi government's continued commitment to addressing the suffering of victims of conflict-related sexual violence," Patten said.

It urged the government "to continue its efforts to rescue the missing, to redress and compensate all victims of horrific sexual violence crimes and to involve women in their peacebuilding, reconciliation and reconstruction initiatives."

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/ar/news/iraq/420180

UN urges Baghdad to redress victims of sexual violence 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum