Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde

2 posters

Go down

World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde Empty World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde

Post by phantomssecret Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:23 am

World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde
By Veronica Smith | AFP – Fri, Sep 23, 2011
http://news.yahoo.com/world-may-see-collapse-demand-lagarde-180012438.html

International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde arrives to speak …

International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde warned Friday that the world could see demand evaporate if the United States and Europe fail to put their ailing economies back on track.

"Today, if there is no collective rapid action we run the risk of losing the battle for growth," Lagarde said in a speech at the opening session of the IMF and World Bank annual meetings in Washington.

"There are dark clouds over Europe and there is huge uncertainty in the United States and, with that, we could risk the collapse in global demand."

"Well, so what? Let's remove the clouds and remove the uncertainty! Easier said than done, and it requires clearly a collective action," she said.

Lagarde, a former French finance minister and, since her appointment in July, the first woman to head the IMF, called on the Fund's 187 member nations to put economic growth and job creation at the top of their priorities.

"What we want for our countries is inclusive, job-creating growth."

But she warned that downside risks on the horizon were "piling up."

Those risks were being driven by a negative feedback loop between weak growth, weak balance sheets of sovereigns, banks, and households and "what is very much perceived as inefficient political commitment," particularly by the markets, she said.

She recalled that the international community had acted together to face the 2008 financial crisis.

"We need to act now and we need to act together," she said. "Our problems can be largely economic, but the solutions are essentially political solutions."

Lagarde singled out the United States and Europe as primarily responsible for the current crisis.

The United States, the world's largest economy, needs to reduce its fiscal deficit, reduce high unemployment and help relieve pressure on overly indebted households, she said.

Europe, in the throes of the eurozone debt crisis, must deal urgently with the "twin problems" of sovereign debt and bank debt.

She acknowledged the delicate balance of correcting deep fiscal deficits in Europe, the United States and Japan while trying to maintain growth.

"Advanced economies need as a matter of priority to reduce their deficit," she said.

"But if they push too hard... they run the risk of harming growth and jobs."

Lagarde emphasized the role of the IMF, which provides analysis and lending to member countries, as a facilitator in the global economic dialogue.

"My hope is that on the occasion of this annual meeting... we actually come together sufficiently to establish a common diagnosis to agree on a set of priority policies that you will feel comfortable -- with the strength of us all -- taking back home, to your leaders and heads of government, to actually pave a path to decision making and a path to recovery."
phantomssecret
phantomssecret
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde Empty Re: World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde

Post by Rich Queen Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:53 am

Note in this clip they speak of increasing the Eurozone Relief fund from 400B to 600B! 200B is a LOT OF MONEY - where's it coming from, hmmmmm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6MWTs2hkx8&feature=share

Rich Queen
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde Empty Help is on the Way! Here is a reminder in case you missed the message

Post by phantomssecret Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:18 am

World may see 'collapse of demand': Lagarde 4255
phantomssecret
phantomssecret
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum