Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq foreign reserves I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Iraq foreign reserves

3 posters

Go down

Iraq foreign reserves Empty Iraq foreign reserves

Post by Scotchie Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:29 am

"""""The central bank announced on Sunday that foreign currency reserves are in constant increase from last year.

The central bank said in a brief statement received "economy News", "foreign exchange reserves at the level of adequacy in accordance with international standards and is currently higher than in the previous year."

It is noteworthy that the Director General of financial operations in the Central Bank, Mahmoud Dagher, warned of the existence of a serious risk to the monetary reality is the foreign assets that are the origin of the creation of assets and reserves."""""

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a good sign that foreign reserves are increasing, as Iraq has spent half of its foreign reserves in the last couple of years.  Problem is foreign reserves depends on the price of oil, and oil has been falling.  Iraq has little other income.

All said and done, in my opinion Iraq does not have enough foreign reserves to revalue its currency, considering how much paper currency is actually out there.

There is a long way to go.

Scotchie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Iraq foreign reserves Empty Re: Iraq foreign reserves

Post by Sam I Am Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:47 am

Last I saw they were down to about $43 billion. 

Iraq signs IMF monitoring program, to draw on FX reserves

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq plans to finance its balance of payments deficit by drawing its foreign exchange reserves down to $43 billion in 2016 from $59 billion at the end of October, it said in an International Monetary Fund (IMF) memo.

The deficit is expected to reach $14 billion in 2015 before narrowing to $11 billion in 2016, the government said as part of a Staff Monitoring Program agreement that the IMF approved on Tuesday as a precondition for a loan.

The agreement, running from November 2015 to December 2016, is aimed at offering Iraq help in steadying its finances as the major oil exporter grapples with lower oil prices and costs associated with the fight against Islamic State militants.

It paves the way for a possible funding program this year which would, however, come with potentially unpopular conditions such as steps by Baghdad to reduce energy price subsidies and reform state-owned enterprises.

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi is already struggling to sustain support for political reforms he announced in August aimed at reducing corruption and waste.

Iraqi authorities agreed in November to have the IMF monitor their economic policies to help rein in spending and curb the budget deficit.

They estimate falling oil prices will swell the budget deficit to 15 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2015 from 6 percent a year earlier, before easing to 10 percent in 2016, according to the memo.

The government said it expected GDP to grow by 1.5 percent in 2015 on 10 percent higher oil production and 10.6 percent in 2016 on a 20 percent jump in production.

Financial pressures on Iraq have become so heavy that Baghdad halted a plan to issue $2 billion of international bonds last year because investors were demanding too high a yield.

Its finance minister told Reuters last month it planned to revive the bond issue in 2016, betting that gains by the armed forces against militants and support from international financial institutions would reassure investors.

Falling foreign reserves are expected to gradually recover to $88 billion by 2020 as oil revenues increase, the memo said, adding the Iraqi dinar's peg with the dollar would be maintained.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-iraq-imf-idUSKCN0UQ2J020160112

Busting Gurus Since 2011

Sam I Am
Sam I Am
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

http://www.jewandgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RamblerNash Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:57 am

Falling foreign reserves are expected to gradually recover to $88 billion by 2020 as oil revenues increase, the memo said, adding the Iraqi dinar's peg with the dollar would be maintained.

But, but Kaperoni said it was going to float...

Iraq foreign reserves 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam I Am Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:11 am

Even at $88 billion, the best they could do is a little more than 1/10 of a penny with 70 trillion in their money supply, but if history is any indicator that will continue to grow as well and the value will remain fairly stable. And yeah, Kap is a boob. It's already floating. They maintain the peg through a managed float.

Busting Gurus Since 2011

Sam I Am
Sam I Am
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

http://www.jewandgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum