Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step

2 posters

Go down

Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step Empty Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step

Post by RamblerNash Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:58 pm

Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step

Dawn Kissi | @dawnkissi

Sunday, 2 Apr 2017 | 1:00 PM ETCNBC.com

Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step 101909313-177333190.530x298
Phototreat | iStock/360 | Getty Images

Baghdad
War-torn Iraq recently got an unexpected boost on its way to becoming an investment hot spot, which may take its next step sooner than conventional wisdom suggests.

Even as military forces wage a fierce offensive against ISIS, global ratings agency Fitch upgraded last month Iraq's outlook to stable, based largely on the country's improving public finances.

To be sure, Iraq's B+ credit rating is still deeply entrenched in speculative, or junk territory. The low rating reflects what Fitch analysts called political risk and instability associated with the conflict-ridden country that's "among the highest faced by any sovereign rated by Fitch."

Yet as a marker for big institutional buyers like hedge funds and sovereign wealth arms, Fitch's vote of confidence could mark the start of a broader shift among investors about Iraq's long-term potential. The upgrade could be pivotal for a country still considered besieged, but considered by a handful of savvy market watchers to be a potential diamond in the rough.

"Some analysts say that investors believe that with solid oil reserves and other sectors to build upon, Iraq could have serious growth potential," said Stephen Simonis Sr., chief currency consultant at online currency broker FXDD Global.

"Clearly this can be looked at from either side, as the willing investor will point out the huge risk/reward possibility as the upside is very enticing," Simonis told CNBC. "The doubting investor will say the region remains too unstable and the situation remains far too volatile."

Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step 104024253-RTX2P3RN.530x298
Azad Lashkari | Reuters

Kurdish Peshmerga forces advance in the east of Mosul to attack Islamic State militants, October 17, 2016.

Iraq remains a country to approach with caution, analysts say, roiled by an ISIS insurgency and civil strife. Yet Fitch's revised outlook could be a green light for buyers of Iraq's assets, especially at a time when smaller institutional and private investors are seeking long-term opportunities.

In fact, Iraq's stock market has already been running with at full steam since at least last year, with investors discounting an end to a bloody conflict that's lasted since the 2003 invasion. Some are looking ahead to the reallocation of military spending and the potential boost to infrastructure spending and economic revival.

While foreigners have been mostly absent from the equity market for the month of March, some are already looking for signs that the Fitch decision could reverse this dynamic.

"Overall, foreign interest in Iraq continues to go through a transformational change in the eyes of global institutional investors," Ahmed Tabaqchali, chief investment officer of Asia Frontier Capitals Iraq Fund, told CNBC.

In fact, Iraq's sovereign risk premium has narrowed in an environment of rising yields, just after the country tapped capital markets with a second $1 billion bond offering.

"It seems logical to conclude that this implies favorable interest in Iraq and that it would likely be followed by foreign direct investment and eventually by equity inflows," Tabaqchali said.

Although Iraq joined other OPEC members in a production cut — a challenge for the country's oil-reliant economy — some analysts believe the oil sector is managing to stay afloat in an environment of lower prices.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/30/outlook-upgrade-could-help-push-iraqs-economic-evolution-to-its-next-step.html

Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step Empty Re: Outlook upgrade could help push Iraq's economic evolution to its next step

Post by Ponee Sat May 13, 2017 9:49 pm

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum