Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader

Go down

After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader Empty After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader

Post by RamblerNash Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:33 pm

After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader

By Rudaw 2 hours ago

After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader 267931Image1

Qais Al-Khazali, leader of the Shiite Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq militia. Photo: AP

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – After ISIS, Kurds are Iraq’s biggest problem, said a Shiite militia leader.

In an interview with a local Iraqi TV station, Qais Al-Khazali, leader of the Shiite Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq militia, made the inflammatory statement against the Kurdish region saying, “After ISIS, Kurds are the greatest problem, especially Mr. Masoud Barzani. And solving the problems or peace with them is impossible.”

Khazali noted that “it is very unlikely that a decisive peaceful project with the Kurds will happen.”

He believes Kurds have annexed territories during the fight against ISIS. A logical solution, he explained, is for Kurds “to return to the pre-2003 borders.”

As a Shiite Iraqi leader, he claimed, he will not accept “the status quo” Kurds have been talking about regarding territories they have brought under their control.

“I do not agree with any territory that Kurds have annexed under the imposing politics of status quo,” he stressed.

Peshmerga have liberated large swathes of territory from ISIS in their fight against the militants since mid-2014, stirring up heated debates between Kurds and Shiites in Iraq as Kurdish leaders have said several times that the Peshmerga will not withdraw from these territories.

Kurdistan Region President Masoud Barzani stated this position outright in the wake of the liberation of Bashiqa last month. He said that Kurdish forces would not withdraw from lands they reclaimed from ISIS before the start of the Mosul operation last month, and explained that this was agreed on with the American and Iraqi governments.

“We have a deal with America, between the Pentagon and the Peshmerga ministry -- and with the Iraqi government -- that the defense lines before the Mosul operation are non-negotiable,” Barzani declared. “Our only goal is to protect the security of people in these areas and for the Peshmerga to back it. We will never ever again let you be displaced and you can count on us for that,” he said in comments directed at Iraq’s Kurds.

“Almost all Kurdish areas have been cleared of ISIS terrorists.”

In response to Khazali’s comments, Kamal Kirkuki, commander of the Peshmerga forces in western Kirkuk, told Rudaw that the Kurdistan Region’s boundaries are clear as they were forcefully taken away from the region and linked to other parts of Iraq in the past.

“The borders of the Kurdistan Region are apparent. This land was forcefully linked to the Arabic Iraq when the great Kurdistan was partitioned,” said Kirkuki, exclaiming that “since then, Kurds have not rested as they endured much suffering, including Anfal, chemical attacks, and ethnic cleansing.”

“Iraq has never been united,” Kirkuki added.

He agreed with Khazali that there has to be a logical solution. But he believes that “everybody should live in his home. Shiites in Shiitestan, Kurds in Kurdistan, and Sunnis in Sunnistan. This way, we could be good neighbors.”

He strongly rejected the Shiite leader’s claims, saying “Kurds are not a threat to anybody.” There is nothing to be gained by threatening the Kurds, he said.

Since ISIS swept across Iraq in June 2014, taking over Mosul and other territories left undefended by fleeing Iraqi forces, the Peshmerga have pushed the militants out of many of those territories, mainly in so-called “disputed areas” that were claimed by both the federal government in Baghdad and the autonomous KRG.

http://rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/131220162

After ISIS, Iraq’s biggest problem is Kurds, says Shiite militia leader 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum