Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Textbook Tony
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat

Go down

Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat Empty Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat

Post by RamblerNash Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:38 pm

Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat

By ROBERT BURNS - Associated Press - Saturday , December 3, 2016

SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (AP) - The American military, along with its international partners, will need to remain in Iraq even after the expected defeat of the Islamic State group, Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Saturday.

Carter said the US and its coalition partners must not stop after completing the current campaign to expel IS from Mosul.

He said the militants are on a path to lasting defeat.

"But there will still be much more to do after that to make sure that, once defeated, ISIL stays defeated," he said, using an alternative acronym for the Islamic State group. "We'll need to continue to counter foreign fighters trying to escape and ISIL's attempts to relocate or reinvent itself. To do so, not only the United States but our coalition must endure and remain engaged militarily. "

"In Iraq in particular, it will be necessary for the coalition to provide sustained assistance and carry on our work to train, equip and support local police, border guards and other forces to hold areas cleared from ISIL."

He did not say how long this continued US military presence might be necessary or how many troops would be required. At any rate, those decisions are likely to fall to the Trump administration after it takes office in January.

In describing recent Pentagon actions to put a stranglehold on the Islamic State worldwide, Carter said the Obama administration has directed the secretive Joint Special Operations Command to prioritize destroying the militant group's ability to conduct attacks in the West.

Carter said that in his final weeks in office he is focused on ensuring a smooth transition to his successor. Earlier this week, President-elect Donald Trump announced that he intends to nominate retired Marine Gen. James Mattis to be his defense secretary.

Carter congratulated Mattis, who is a former commander of US Central Command overseeing the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"I've worked with Jim for many years, he's a friend, and I hold him in the highest regard," Carter said. He made no mention of the aspect of the Mattis selection that has drawn the most attention: the fact that his nomination will require legislation by Congress to exempt Mattis from a legal prohibition on a retired military officer serving as secretary of defense before he has been out of uniform for a minimum of seven years. Mattis retired in 2013.

Carter made his remarks at the Reagan National Defense Forum at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum.

LINK

Carter: US, partners need to stay in Iraq after IS defeat 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum