Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests

Go down

Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests Empty Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests

Post by RamblerNash Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:02 pm

Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests

November 18, 2016 12:15 PM  

• Sebastian Mhofu

Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests CC30D19A-31EE-440C-AAFA-36F78ACD8E00_cx0_cy13_cw0_w987_r1_s_r1
Protests are set to return to streets of Harare over proposed bondnotes following the expiration of a police month-long ban of demonstrations, Harare, Zimbabwe, Aug. 26, 2016. (S. Mhofu). Since July, Zimbabweans have been protesting against human rights a

HARARE — 

Opposition officials in Zimbabwe say several activists were either abducted or arrested Friday ahead of a planned protest over the introduction of controversial bond notes.

By late Friday some activists could not be located. Police moved in large numbers to the venue of the protest against the bond notes President Robert Mugabe’s government wants to introduce this month to ease the country's cash shortages.

Two vehicles were burnt early Friday that were carrying activists coordinating the protests. Patson Dzamara, an activist who was abducted and later released, said the assailants took him into their vehicle and later dropped him naked in some bushes after assaulting him. Speaking on his hospital bed to reporters, he said he suspected state security agents were behind the incident.

“It was not an easy and palatable experience," said Dzamara . "However, I am not at all discouraged by what happened today. That is not going to deter and discourage me from fighting for a better Zimbabwe. I can sacrifice all those things (burnt cars) for as long as it is for a better Zimbabwe. I know that one day we are going to welcome a new and better Zimbabwe. And these are some of the prices we are having to pay."

Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests D51F083C-F132-49FF-9297-7513CBD63056_w610_r0_s

Activist Patson Dzamara was abducted and later released Friday. He says that is not going to deter and discourage him from fighting for a better Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe, Nov. 18, 2016. (S. Mhofu)

Zimbabwe's political opposition accuse the Mugabe government of failing to end corruption and the abuse of human rights. Opposition leaders say the central bank's introduction of new the bond notes will not deal with such issues, but will instead plunge the nation back to the days of hyperinflation and shortages, when Zimbabwe's currency became essentially worthless.

Zimbabwe abandoned its currency in February, 2009 amid hyperinflation. Since then, it has been using all major foreign currencies, but mostly the U.S. dollar.

Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests B496DDBB-A181-49ED-943C-1418227D51E3_w610_r0_s

Zimbabwe Protests: Zimbabwean riot police clash with protestors during a demonstration against the introduction of bond notes by the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe, in Harare, Wednesday, Aug. 17, 2016.

The government says the new bond notes, which will trade at par with the U.S. dollar, would ease cash shortages and stop smuggling of foreign currency out of the country.

The government has since said it will go ahead with introducing bond notes despite threats of protests like the one which had been set for this Friday.

http://www.voanews.com/a/zimbabwe-s-plan-to-introduce-new-bond-notes-sparks-protests/3602584.html

Zimbabwe's New Bond Notes Plan Sparks Protests 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum