Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering

Go down

Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering Empty Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering

Post by RamblerNash Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:59 pm

Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering

May 13, 2016, 10:09am EDT

A federal grand jury has indicted Daniel Barrs for failing to follow anti-money laundering requirements for his role running an Atlanta money transmitting business that processed hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of financial transactions for entities located around the world.

According to U.S. Attorney John Horn, the indictment, and other information presented in court: Daniel Barrs, of the United Kingdom, ran a money transmitting business located in metro Atlanta named “Global Transaction Services” (GTS), along with several interrelated entities that transmitted hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of wires on behalf of customers located around the world, many of whom Barrs knew were not able to obtain access to U.S. banking on their own and were sending or receiving wires from countries that posed money laundering concerns.
A federal grand jury has indicted Daniel Barrs for failing to follow anti-money laundering requirements for his role running an Atlanta money transmitting business that processed hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of financial transactions for entities located around the world.

Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering Pic-moneyinhand-web*750xx1200-675-0-62
A federal grand jury has indicted Daniel Barrs for failing to follow anti-money… more

GTS was marketed as a company that could minimize the costs associated with transactions from entities located in one country and customers in other countries.

The Bank Secrecy Act requires money transmitters like GTS to guard against money laundering and illegal activity by developing, implementing, and maintaining an effective anti-money laundering program. Money transmitters that identify certain types of suspicious financial transactions are also typically required to file a “Suspicious Activity Report” (SAR) with the U.S. Department of Treasury, Financial Crimes Enforcement Network.

The indictment alleges Barrs took steps that ensured that GTS did not have an effective anti-money laundering program, even though he knew it was critical that the company maintained one.

Barrs hired individuals with no experience with the BSA,such as his teenage grandson, to be the compliance officers; failed to train GTS employees to comply with the BSA; and ignored warnings from independent examiners that GTS’s compliance program was inefficient.

He also took various steps to help GTS obtain bank accounts even though domestic financial institutions repeatedly closed GTS accounts.

At one point, Barrs became a controlling owner over a community bank based in Braselton, Ga., so that GTS could process millions of dollars’ worth of international wires, even though federal regulators opposed his efforts. At one other point, Barrs created a shell consulting company so that GTS could obtain a bank account under false pretenses.

The federal government says GTS failed to have sufficient procedures in place to guard against money laundering. Notably, from 2009 through the end of December 2014, GTS failed to file a single SAR.

The indictment lists various examples of the types of transactions that GTS processed while Barrs ran the company, none of which resulted in the timely filing of a SAR. For example, GTS transmitted wires totaling more than $700,000 for two entities even though publicly available press releases from the U.S. Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation stated that the entities had been charged with running a large-scale offshore asset protection, securities fraud, and money laundering scheme. GTS transmitted wires totaling more than $900,000 for another entity even though a publicly available press release from the U.S. Department of Justice stated that an individual under indictment for operating a Ponzi scheme had used the entity to commit the offense.

In another example, GTS transmitted wires totaling more than $1.5 million for a Cyprus-based company that had a limited public profile, with no website or business listings, and that was listed on various publicly available websites as being associated with potential fraudulent credit card charges.

In yet another example, GTS transmitted wires totaling more than $2 million on behalf of a Belize-based company that was publicly listed in various websites as being associated with illegal spamming activity and internet fraud.

A substantial portion of GTS’ business also came from processing transactions related to the Iraqi dinar. The indictment alleges Barrs knew that regulators had concerns regarding the sale of the Iraqi dinar and whether it was part of a scam. GTS facilitated the transfer of hundreds of thousands of dollars between an Iraqi dinar exchanger and an individual in Japan who was purchased dinar in bulk for sale to his/her own customer base in Japan. The Japan reseller submitted dozens of wires that listed the remittance reference as “purpose to buy antique books.” At one point, the Chief Operating Officer of the Iraqi dinar exchanger forwarded a “Confirmation/Statement of Remittance” to GTS that indicated that the Japan reseller was transmitting money “to buy antique books.” However, GTS failed to file a SAR on any of these transactions.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2016/05/13/global-transaction-services-head-indicted-for.html

Global Transaction Services head indicted for money laundering 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum