Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja

Go down

Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja Empty Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja

Post by Ponee Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:02 am

Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja 2016-06-08T122509Z_1007000001_LYNXNPEC570OB_RTROPTP_2_CNEWS-US-MIDEAST-CRISIS-IRAQ-FALLUJA.JPG.cf
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraqi forces said on Wednesday they had begun to make progress against Islamic State inside a built-up district of Falluja, the militants' stronghold to the west of Baghdad.
The army was previously surrounding Falluja from positions outside the city, which is located 50 km (32 miles) west of Baghdad.

"Our forces have begun in the early hours of the morning progressing in al-Shuhada," a southern neighborhood of Falluja, Sabah al-Numani, a spokesman of the Counter-Terrorism Service, said.
The next target will the central part of the city, he said.

Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja 2016-06-04T163432Z_1_LYNXNPEC530GK_RTROPTP_2_MIDEAST-CRISIS-IRAQ-FALLUJA.JPG.cf

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said last week that the army slowed down the pace of the offensive because of fears for the safety of tens of thousands of civilians trapped in the city with limited access to water, food and healthcare.

Iraqi Finance Minister Hoshiyar Zebari said last Friday he expected that the capture of the city would take time as the militants have dug tunnels and planted explosive devices in roads and houses to delay the troops.

"Our forces are now cleaning up the district from the roadside bombs and booby-trapped houses, and then we will hand it over to the police forces to hold the ground," Numani said.
Falluja has been a bastion of the Sunni insurgency that fought both the U.S. occupation of Iraq and the Shi'ite-led Baghdad government.

Islamic State fighters raised their flag there in January 2014 before sweeping through much of Iraq's north and west, declaring a caliphate several months later, from Mosul.
The army started the offensive on May 23, with the backing of Shi'ite militias known as Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF) and air support from the U.S.-led coalition.

Falluja would be the third major city in Iraq recaptured by the government after former leader Saddam Hussein's hometown Tikrit and Ramadi, the capital of Iraq's western Anbar province. Abadi has expressed hope that 2016 would be year of "final victory" over Islamic State, with the capture of Mosul, their de facto capital in northern Iraq.

(Reporting by Ahmed Rasheed; Writing by Maher Chmaytelli; Editing by Hugh Lawson)

Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja B4fe4079531e8e0ebe2f5d9a0d742684

Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja 2016-06-04T050731Z_2_LYNXNPEC52188_RTROPTP_2_MIDEAST-CRISIS-IRAQ-FALLUJA-SISTANI.JPG.cf

Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja 2016-05-30T130540Z_1_LYNXNPEC4T0JL_RTROPTP_2_MIDEAST-CRISIS-IRAQ-IRAN-FALLUJA.JPG.cf

Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja 9ce8e9ec7121f41c9a0f6a706700e677

Iraqi forces say making progress vs Islamic State inside Falluja 2016-05-28T154150Z_1608479802_S1AETGRAIGAA_RTRMADP_3_MIDEAST-CRISIS-IRAQ-FALLUJA.JPG.cf

(Reporting by Ahmed Rasheed; Writing by Maher Chmaytelli; Editing by Hugh Lawson)

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum