Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​

Go down

China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ Empty China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​

Post by Ponee Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:16 pm

From next week overseas banks in China will be subject to similar rules as domestic lenders, as the country tries to stabilise the yuan (AFP Photo/STR)

China will require foreign financial institutions in the country to hold yuan in reserve, the central bank said Monday as it seeks to stabilise the currency, which has been hit by capital flight.

Until now, overseas banks in China have been set a reserve requirement ratio -- the amount of depositor funds they must keep aside -- of zero.

From next week they will be subject to similar rules as domestic lenders, the central People's Bank of China (PBoC) said in a statement, without specifying the percentage to be retained. Major Chinese banks currently have a ratio of 17.5 percent.

China Orders Foreign Banks To Hold Yuan​ 665801751

The PBoC said the move aimed to "prevent financial risk and protect financial stability", according to a statement on its website. It added the rules will "strengthen liquidity management".

The announcement came as the yuan weakens on worries over a slowdown in the world's second largest economy, which has caused capital flight and a widening gap in the offshore market, where investors are betting on further falls.

Offshore dealings in the yuan -- also known as the renminbi (RMB) -- are free from the strict capital controls that China imposes domestically, making it operate more like a true market.

"The central bank wants to maintain the stability of the yuan rate because the expectations of depreciation have been rising," Nomura International China economist Wendy Chen told AFP.

"The move will impact the liquidity of offshore renminbi, so it can narrow the price gap between the offshore and onshore rates and therefore lessening the room or chances for foreign institutions to short the yuan," she said, referring to a bet that the currency will move lower.

The yuan strengthened in offshore trading on Monday on the announcement, rising 0.41 percent to 6.5868 per US dollar in Hong Kong, Bloomberg News reported.

The central bank on Monday fixed the yuan higher against the greenback at 6.5590. At midday, the yuan was quoted at 6.5780 in onshore trading, strengthening from Friday's level.

The central bank uses the reserve ratio to help adjust monetary policy, similar to raising or lowering interest rates.

The new rules will not apply to foreign central banks, international financial institutions and sovereign wealth funds, the PBoC statement said.

http://news.yahoo.com/china-orders-foreign-banks-hold-yuan-062914835.html

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum