Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

if you have never used a financial planner 09/04/2011 (copied from DR) DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

if you have never used a financial planner 09/04/2011 (copied from DR)

Go down

if you have never used a financial planner 09/04/2011 (copied from DR) Empty if you have never used a financial planner 09/04/2011 (copied from DR)

Post by dinardiva Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:59 pm

if you have never used a financial planner 09/04/2011

(Ed Note: this was emailed in from our reader KB as a followup to The IQD Team post on picking a Financial Planner. TYVM)

I just read a post done by iqd team. It was great. I have a few suggestions for those that may need some coaching. First remember, you are hiring them, not the other way around. When intrviewing planners, use suggestions in CFP brochure. If you come across some one who immediately whips out a new account form and starts asking questions that you should NOT answer on first visit you are in the wrong room. If this whole thing makes you uncomfortable then practice. Go to some one who you know you would never use. Look in yellow pages for no credentials. After you have narrowed your search down to 5 or 6 people go to FINRA.ORG,then go to broker search and enter their crd number You will have asked for crd during your interview process. Take your time with this and remember,THIS IS YOUR MONEY. Do not let any one talk down to you and do not let any one subtly try to bully you. If you suspect that is going on, stand up and leave the room. I hope that this helps.God bless us all for this wonderful event.
dinardiva
dinardiva
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down