Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
 Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China

Go down

Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China Empty Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China

Post by Ponee Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:14 pm

Sadly, this isn't a gag from "Silicon Valley."  Vitalitiy Air is marketing itself to smog-filled Chinese cities

Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China Proxy

AJ Dellinger, Th Daily Dot  

Bottled air from Canada is selling like crazy in China (Credit: Bob Richardson)
This article originally appeared on The Daily Dot.

The Daily DotIf someone told you there is a Silicon Valley startup selling bottled air to China, you would probably think it’s a joke. And it is; the startup is actually in Alberta, Canada.

Tiatality Air produces and sells “hand-bottled” air from Banff and Lake Louise, two Canadian locales known for their Rocky Mountain surroundings and crystal clear bodies of water.

The startup has been capturing that air in “massive cans” through a clean compression process, which according to Vitality Air, “lock[s] in the pure air without any contamination.” The siphoned air is taken back to the company’s bottling facility, where “we begin filling our convenient delivery cans to the brim with excellent air.”

Vitality Air’s pitch might read like a throwaway joke on Silicon Valley, but the company has found a market for their version of Canada Dry. People in smog-filled Chinese cities have been buying up the cans in bulk.

After shipping 500 sample bottles to China, Vitality Air suddenly found itself with an unmatched demand for its product. Currently, the company has a shipment of 4,000 set to make its way to the country, with over 1,000 of them already pre-sold.

A study of air quality in China earlier this year produced less than encouraging results; United States-based non-profit organization Berkley Earth found that over 80 percent of Chinese people are exposed to pollution that exceed safe levels set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. It also found that air pollution was responsible for 4,000 deaths each day in the country, accounting for 17 percent of all deaths. Berkeley Earth scientific director Richard Muller compared the air quality in Beijing to smoking one-and-a-half cigarettes per hour, all day long.

Vitality Air hasn’t been shy about targeting those in need. On Twitter, the company sent off an onslaught of tweets targeting people in or visiting China.

Bottled air isn’t the first product to unexpectedly catch on in China. Because of the barely breathable air that occupies many of country’s major population centers, face masks have become a wildly popular accessory. The product was out of stock in some areas, and Chinese state media reported 217,000 people bought masks from an online retailer over the course of just one week.

Air purifiers have also become commonplace, with the industry experiencing a 100 percent growth between 2012 and 2013.

http://www.salon.com/2015/12/25/bottled_air_from_canada_is_selling_like_crazy_in_china_partner/

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum