Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Turkey Blinks? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Turkey Blinks?

2 posters

Go down

Turkey Blinks? Empty Turkey Blinks?

Post by Ponee Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:58 am

Russia and Turkey spent the weekend trading shots—literally as well as metaphorically. On Saturday, Russia condemned the presence of Turkish troops in Iraq, and called on them to leave. In doing so, Moscow continued to double down on the Shia alliance, backing Tehran’s clients in Baghdad against a NATO member. Then on Sunday, a Russian destroyer fired warning shots at a Turkish fishing vessel that approached to within 1,800 ft. of it in the Mediterranean.  Now, Turkey may be backing down. As the WSJ reports:

Turkey on Monday pulled a small military convoy out of a training base in northern Iraq that has become a new flash point as regional powers exert their influence, but refused to buckle to increasing pressure from Baghdad and Moscow to remove all its troops.
About 10 Turkish military vehicles left the camp in the early morning, according to Turkish and Iraqi officials, and they are moving to another base in northern Iraq. While Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said the move was meant to address Baghdad’s concerns, he added that Ankara had no plans to leave the disputed base.

Perhaps not—and Baghdad still isn’t happy with Turkey’s presence even after this move. But it does look like a step backward.

Erdogan has made some mistakes that have left him vulnerable, and he is deeply distrusted by his allies. Neither Europeans nor Americans think of President Erdogan’s Turkey as a reliable partner or a smart actor. His contempt for democracy at home, his apparent track record of support for dubious actors in Syria, his inability to develop a coherent approach to the Kurdish issue, and a growing reputation for hotheaded impetuosity mean that Turkey’s allies are not fully committed to a country facing a very difficult regional situation.

There are some signs that Turkey is belatedly trying to re-establish the relationships on which its security ultimately depends, but will it be too little, too late?In fairness to Erdogan, the mixed signals and half steps that have characterized President Obama’s approach to Syria and the regional crisis don’t help, and the Europeans aren’t winning any prizes for vision and competence, either. Russia, Iran, and Syria all have a clearer vision of what they want and what they are willing to do to get it than either Turkey or any of its historic allies.

Turkey’s error was to misread American incompetence and European irrelevance as factors that increased his maneuvering room in the region and to think that the moment for greater Turkish activism had come. Actually, the weak performance and lack of strategic focus of Turkey’s allies weakens Turkey’s position, and so a smarter response for Turkey would have been to keep a lower profile and take a more cautious stance.In some ways, Turkey must now play for time and wait for January 2017, when a new administration in Washington, whether under Secretary Clinton or one of her leading Republican rivals, will begin to deal with the mess that President Obama seems determined to leave behind him.

http://www.the-american-interest.com/2015/12/14/turkey-blinks/

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Turkey Blinks? Empty Re: Turkey Blinks?

Post by Terbo56 Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:01 pm

'Turkeys' don't blink when you cut their heads off, and that is what will happen if they don't smarten up and back of from Iraq-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum