Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State

Go down

Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  Empty Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State

Post by Ponee Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:33 am

“WE CAME to Jordan because of the priest. He helps everyone.” So says Haytham, a Christian Iraqi accountant, who fled from his home in Qaraqosh in the middle of the night along with his wife and children when Islamic State (IS) took nearby Mosul in June 2014. By the time the family reached Jordan in August their largely Christian town was under IS control. “We all fled, Muslim and Christian,” says Haytham. He pulls out a picture of the bodies of some of those who failed to leave in time.

Iraq’s Christians Nour’s list A priest is saving thousands from Islamic State  20151017_MAP011_0
In 2014 alone an estimated 2.2m Iraqis were internally displaced; fewer than 200,000 of them had sought refuge abroad by June 2015. Unlike Syrians entering Jordan, Iraqis do not automatically get refugee status or aid. They must instead try to obtain a visa, weeks in advance. This involves paying for a return ticket to Iraq or finding a sponsor within Jordan. Many of Haytham’s friends and relatives remain trapped.
In this section
Had it not been for Father Nour al-Qusmusa, a 35-year-old priest living in Jordan but originally from northern Iraq, Haytham and his family would still be there too. They spent weeks sleeping in the garden of a church in Erbil. But when the church put them in touch with Father Nour, they found a way out. After a meeting with King Abdullah last year, the priest brokered a deal with the Jordanian government to streamline the application process for Iraqi refugees. He sponsors their entry to the country, and Caritas, a Catholic charity, helps with food and shelter. So far, 2,200 people have fled IS to Jordan thanks to the priest.

Father Nour worries about the future of his community, and sees no hope of going home. “We became like strangers in our land after the American occupation,” he says. “Sectarianism only grew then.” Life is not easy in Jordan either: Iraqi refugees may not work, and cannot receive the same subsidised health care as Jordanians. Their children cannot attend free government-run schools.

In order to receive aid they must pass UNHCR’s “Refugee Status Determination” test to determine if they are really fleeing persecution. This takes months, and many are refused. “There is no future for Iraqi Christians in the Middle East,” says Father Nour. “I ask for the prayers of my people to be fulfilled.” Those prayers centre on a common desire to migrate to Europe, America or Australia; but so far, only a handful of refugee families have been accepted

http://www.economist...tate-nours-list

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum