Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview

2 posters

Go down

International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview Empty International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview

Post by Ssmith Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:50 am

International Transportation
of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview

Objective. Assess the bank’s compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements for the reporting of international shipments of currency or monetary instruments.

Each person145 (including a bank) who physically transports, mails, or ships currency or monetary instruments in excess of $10,000 at one time out of or into the United States (and each person who causes such transportation, mailing, or shipment) must file a Report of International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments (CMIR).146 A CMIR must be filed with the appropriate Bureau of Customs and Border Protection officer or with the commissioner of Customs at the time of entry into or departure from the United States. When a person receives currency or monetary instruments in an amount exceeding $10,000 at one time that have been shipped from any place outside the United States, a CMIR must be filed with the appropriate Bureau of Customs and Border Protection officer or with the commissioner of Customs within 15 days of receipt of the instruments (unless a report has already been filed). The report is to be completed by or on behalf of the person requesting transfer of the currency or monetary instruments. However, banks are not required to report these items on a CMIR if they are mailed or shipped through the postal service or by common carrier.147 In addition, a commercial bank or trust company organized under the laws of any state or of the United States is not required to report overland shipments of currency or monetary instruments if they are shipped to or received from an established customer maintaining a deposit relationship with the bank and if the bank reasonably concludes the amounts do not exceed what is commensurate with the customary conduct of the business, industry, or profession of the customer concerned.

Regardless of whether an exemption from filing a CMIR applies, banks are not relieved of other monitoring and reporting obligations under the BSA. Banks must report the receipt or disbursement of currency in excess of $10,000 on a Currency Transaction Report (CTR) subject to the exemptions at 31 CFR 1020.315. Banks must also monitor for and report suspicious activity.

Management should implement applicable policies, procedures, and processes for CMIR filing. Management should review the international transportation of currency and monetary instruments and determine whether a customer’s activity is usual and customary for the type of business. If not, a SAR should be considered.

https://www.ffiec.gov/bsa_aml_infobase/pages_manual/OLM_035.htm
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview Empty Re: International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting—Overview

Post by Ponee Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:08 pm

Thanks Ssmith!~

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum