Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1

2 posters

Go down

Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 Empty Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1

Post by GypZ Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:33 pm

Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1
GypZ
GypZ
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 Empty Re: Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1

Post by GypZ Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:35 pm

Many do not know who this man is.A WONDEFUL MAN WE NEVER LEARNED ABOUT .i find the timing of the sanctions to be no coincedece..!Then may i ask if you call your self a christian you should know who this man is!
GypZ
GypZ
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1 Empty Re: Cyrus The Great in Bible Prophecy Part 1

Post by Winnie the Pooh Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:40 pm

Cyrus the Great in the Bible

Cyrus the Great (c. 600 or 576 – 530 BC) figures in the Hebrew Bible as the patron and deliverer of the Jews. He is mentioned 23 times by name and alluded to several times more.[1] From these statements it appears that Cyrus the Great, king of Persia, was the monarch under whom the Babylonian captivity ended, for according to the Bible, in the first year of his reign he was prompted by God to make a decree that the Temple in Jerusalem should be rebuilt and that such Jews as cared to might return to their land for this purpose. Moreover, he showed his interest in the project by sending back with them the sacred vessels which had been taken from the First Temple and a considerable sum of money with which to buy building materials. The existence of the decree has been challenged.

From [Babylon] to Aššur and (from) Susa, Agade, Ešnunna, Zamban, Me-Turnu, Der, as far as the region of Gutium, the sacred centers on the other side of the Tigris, whose sanctuaries had been abandoned for a long time, I returned the images of the gods, who had resided there, to their places and I let them dwell in eternal abodes. I gathered all their inhabitants and returned to them their dwellings. In addition, at the command of Marduk, the great lord, I settled in their habitations, in pleasing abodes, the gods of Sumer and Akkad, whom Nabonidus, to the anger of the lord of the gods, had brought into Babylon. (lines 30-33)[6]
However, it has been argued that it must be referring to people associated to the image's cult instead of deportees.[7] Diana Edelman has pointed at the serious chronological difficulties that arise when we accept that the Jews returned during the reign of Cyrus.[8]
The terms used by the author of Deutero-Isaiah are reminiscent of certain passages in the Cyrus Cylinder:[2] Traditionally, these passages in Isaiah were believed to predate the rule of Cyrus by about 100 years, however, most modern scholars date Isaiah 40-55 (often referred to as Deutero-Isaiah), toward the end of the Babylonian exile (c. 536 BC).[9] Whereas Isaiah 1-39 (referred to as Proto-Isaiah) saw the destruction of Israel as imminent, and the restoration in the future, Deutero-Isaiah speaks of the destruction in the past (Isa 42:24-25), and the restoration as imminent (Isa 42:1-9). Notice, for example, the change in temporal perspective from (Isa 39:6-7), where the Babylonian Captivity is cast far in the future, to (Isa 43:14), where the Israelites are spoken of as already in Babylon.[10] According to scholar R. N. Whybray, the author of Deutero-Isaiah (chapters 40-55) was mistaken for he thought that Cyrus would destroy Babylon but he did not. Cyrus made it more splendid than ever. But he did allow the Jewish exiles to return home, though not in the triumphant manner which Deutero-Isaiah expected.[11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus_the_Great_in_the_Bible

Winnie the Pooh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum