Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL

Go down

Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL    Empty Poppy2.....Please explain this....This is from Reuters.....HCL

Post by Rockin'RV Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:08 am

BAGHDAD, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Iraq's cabinet has approved a long-awaited draft oil law and sent it to parliament for final passage, a measure seen as key for foreign investors seeking more solid legal guarantees.

The new hydrocarbons law has been in the making for years but has faced opposition over who controls the world's fourth largest oil reserves, mainly from semi-autonomous Kurdistan in the north of Iraq.

'The draft of the oil and gas law has been approved and referred to parliament,' a cabinet statement said on Sunday.

Iraq's parliament last month warned the government it would force through a new draft of the law if the cabinet continued to hold up the original legislation, regarded by investors to be a crucial mark of stability in the OPEC country.

'Any other previous drafts should be considered void and should be withdrawn. This draft is the only one presented to parliament,' the statement said.

Investors have been waiting for the law's approval to assure a more stable legal framework for exploration. The law is also seen as pivotal to reconciling Iraq's factions -- especially Iraqi Arabs and Kurds -- as the country rebuilds after years of war.

Even without the law, Iraq is already developing oil-fields, signing billions of dollars in contracts with international companies under legislation dating back to before 2003 when a U.S. invasion ousted Saddam Hussein.

The draft oil law was approved by cabinet in 2007 but faced opposition in parliament and was sent back to the government for amendments. In June, Iraq made some changes to the law, which were being reviewed by the cabinet's energy committee.

(Reporting by Aseel Kami and Ahmed Rasheed; Editing by Serena Chaudhry and David Holmes) Keywords: IRAQ OIL/LAW

(aseel.kami@thomsonreuters.com)(+964 7901 917 031)(Reuters Messaging: aseel.kami.reuters.com@reuters.

http://www.xe.com/ne.../28/2119789.htm

Rockin'RV

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum