Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Textbook Tony
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency

3 posters

Go down

Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency Empty Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency

Post by Cascadian Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:41 pm

The Central Bank of Iraq has spent $300 billion in the past few years as part of its daily auctions in which up to $180 were offered almost every working day.

The sale which made it possible for local banks and the public to change their dinars to dollars has helped stabilize the value of the dinar against the dollar. But the government, in response to a parliamentary condition to approve the budget, is restricting the sale of dollars to the public.

“The parliament has imposed this paragraph because dealing with hard cash (in this way) had become a way for money laundering and corruption,” said Abduljabbar Abdulkhaliq, member of the parliamentary commission on finance. “The volume of hard cash sold in the past years (by Central Bank) amounted to more than $300 billion.

Abdulkhaliq said most of the hard cash auctioned by the Central Bank was smuggled abroad and Iraq received no goods or investments in return.

The auction was believed to be a source of stability for the local currency vis-à-vis the dollar.

With the plunge in oil prices and the country having problems closing a widening budget deficit, the government has ruled that the bank is no longer under obligation to meet hard cash demand at the official rate.

The ruling was part of conditions the parliament imposed for approving the budget.

But financial analysts in the capital Baghdad say the measure would certainly weaken the dinar against the dollar. The reduction in dollar volume offered at the auction has already resulted in the dinar losing value.

“The rise in the dollar against the dinar is due to a budgetary ruling that compels the Central Bank to limit its sales of hard cash,” said Manaf al-Saigh, a financial expert. “The limitation will lead to the emergence of black where traders and capitalists will turn and where hard cash will be offered at a high price resulting in higher prices.”

The government, which imposed the restriction, disagrees.

“The current rise in the value of the dollar against the dinar in local markets is merely a bubble and is mainly due to speculators,” said government spokesman Mudhir Saleh.

The parliament, which made limiting the amount of dollars offered for sale a condition for approving the budget, stood firmly by its stand.

“The fall in the value of the local currency may occur but it will only be temporary,” said Abdulkhaliq.

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency Empty Re: Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency

Post by RoyBoy Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:37 pm

And I thought only the CBI could do this??? I bet crap is hitting the fan over there now.
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency Empty Re: Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency

Post by Kevind53 Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:12 pm

Umm .. it is the CBI doing this ....

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency 2805820865  Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency 2805820865  Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency 2805820865  Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBoy Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:42 pm

The sale which made it possible for local banks and the public to change their dinars to dollars has helped stabilize the value of the dinar against the dollar. But the government, in response to a parliamentary condition to approve the budget, is restricting the sale of dollars to the public.

“The parliament has imposed this paragraph because dealing with hard cash (in this way) had become a way for money laundering and corruption,” said Abduljabbar Abdulkhaliq, member of the parliamentary commission on finance. “The volume of hard cash sold in the past years (by Central Bank) amounted to more than $300 billion.-----------------So Parliament is not dictating what the CBI can and can not do?
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:32 pm

They have been pissing back and forth at each other for years ... my guess based upon past history is the CBI will do what they feel is best and basically ignore Parliament.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency 2805820865  Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency 2805820865  Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency 2805820865  Central Bank sold $300 billion in past years to preserve local currency 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum