Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS

2 posters

Go down

Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS Empty Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS

Post by Ponee Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:57 am

Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS

Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS Dab1d8df-6773-4464-adc3-8c6fc05205fb_16x9_600x338

Disillusioned with ISIS’s brutality, Khadija, 25, fled to Turkey, leaving her family behind in Syria. (Screengrab/CNN)

A Syrian woman has revealed how she left her old life and moved to Raqqa, the de-facto capital of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), where she joined its all-female Al-Khansa’a brigade.

Khadija – not her real name – told CNN that she used to patrol the streets enforcing ISIS’s strict interpretation of Islam on women.

The brigade, comprising 25-30 members, would lash women for not adhering to “proper sharia clothing.”

Disillusioned with ISIS’s brutality, Khadija, 25, fled to Turkey, leaving her family behind in Syria.

Origins

A former elementary school teacher, she was brought up in a “not overly conservative” family that ensured she received an education.

When the revolution began, Khadija joined the masses in demanding the ouster of President Bashar al-Assad.

“We’d go out and demonstrate. The security services would chase us. We’d write on walls, have different outfits to change into,” she said. “Those days were great.”

However, when peaceful protests turned violent, Khadija began to lose her “soul” and “humanity” amid the “chaos.”

She added: “You want to tear yourself away, to find something to run to. My problem was I ran away to something uglier.”

Khadija met a Tunisian ISIS fighter online who gradually convinced her to join the group and assured her that its portrayal by the media was inaccurate.

“He’d say, ‘We’re going to properly implement Islam. Right now we’re in a state of war, a phase where we need to control the country, so we have to be harsh’.”

She persuaded her family to move to Raqqa by saying it would be easier to put her siblings back in school there.

A cousin who was living in Raqqa with her husband, who was with ISIS, told Khadija she could join the Al-Khansa’a brigade.

Life in ISIS

Her job satisfied her at first. She was paid $200 a month, received food and was trained in cleaning and firing weapons.

“I felt that I had authority in the streets but then I started to get scared, scared of my situation. I even started to be afraid of myself,” said Khadija.

Her image of ISIS changed after witnessing the treatment of women. “The foreign fighters are very brutal with women, even the ones they marry,” she said.

“There were cases where the wife had to be taken to the emergency ward because of the violence, the sexual violence.”

The breaking point for her was when her commander started pressuring her to marry an ISIS fighter. “After this, I decided no, I have to leave.”

Khadija left a few days before the U.S.- led coalition began its air strikes against ISIS. She was smuggled into Turkey, where the CNN interview took place.

Al Arabiya News
Friday, 10 October 2014

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/perspective/profiles/2014/10/10/Disillusioned-Syrian-woman-reveals-life-in-ISIS.html

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS Empty Re: Disillusioned Syrian woman reveals life in ISIS

Post by Ssmith Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:33 am

Every time I hear the phrase "War on Women" used here in the US, I think of women in these Islamic countries.  That's where the true "War on Women" is taking place.  If we truly cared about women, why isn't this making headlines?  Instead, we have people upset because some employers have objections to abortion and don't want to pay for them.  Sad.

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum