Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
 Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports

2 posters

Go down

Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports Empty Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports

Post by Kevind53 Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:35 pm

I love it when the facts fly so squarely in the face of the liars .. I mean gurus most recent prognostications.

By RUDAW 1 hour ago

BAGHDAD, Iraq – Iraq’s military has halted Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS) militants 40 kilometers outside of Baghdad according to news agency reports, stalling a potentially devastating drive toward the Iraqi capital.

Iraqi airstrikes on Sunday held the jihadist fighters at Ameriyat al-Fallujah, a strategic town west of Baghdad and south of ISIS-controlled Fallujah. But panic spread in the capital as rumors circulated of IS attacks in the city’s immediate suburbs.

Amid confusion on the ground about the exact location of IS fighters, the Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East, an Anglican group, wrote on its Facebook account that the militants were as close as two kilometers from the city. Canon Andrew White, vicar of the city's St George's Church, the only Anglican church in Iraq, said 1,000 Iraqi soldiers were killed in the offensive the day before.

Baghdad resident Sijad Muhammad told Rudaw, "ISIS might not be able to progress to the city, but it definitely is a big threat: it will carry out terrorist actions here."

The local population is bracing itself for the threat of increased violence as the Eid al-Adha holiday approaches, and police have been deployed throughout the city in anticipation of attacks.

IS has held territory near Baghdad since June, but fighters have been making progress in the area in recent days, despite Iraqi and international airstrikes.

US airpower hit positions in Anbar province 80 kms outside the city in strikes that began Sunday evening and continued throughout the night.

American planes also hit positions in Snune, a town in the Shingal area of northern Iraq, killing at least 10 IS fighters, according to Qassem Simo, the head of local Kurdish intelligence. IS has made gains in the area, which saw an exodus of Yezidis, Christians, and other minorities in August.  

In Syria, American planes bombed various targets in Aleppo, Raqqa, Hassakeh, and Deir al-Zour provinces. This included four oil fields, a fuel market, a grain silo, a storage container, and the Conoco gas plant -- which supplies electricity to much of the country and key oil field generators -- according to various activists including the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR).

The group also reported civilian casualties in at least one of the targets, but was unable to verify the details today.  Yesterday, SOHR claimed that approximately 114 people were killed in the country, only nine from the jihadis.

The 10-day-long IS siege of Kobane, a Syrian Kurdish town on the Turkish border, intensified as militants bombarded the center of the city.

Omer Kalo, a Rudaw correspondent on the Turkish border, reported that the shelling began at 10 am and appeared to come from every direction.

Two mortar shells landed on Turkish soil, prompting the Turkish military to move 15 tanks to a postion near a military base on the border northwest of Kobane. Reuters reported that the tanks fired at IS positions east and west of the city.  

Turkey has allowed Syrian men to return to join Kurdish fighters from the People’s Protection Units (YPG) in the city’s defense, despite the fact that the country considers the group a terrorist organization. They did not allow Turkish Kurds to cross the border.

“Another wave of people is fleeing Kobane as IS shells continue hitting the town,” Kalo said, after many residents returned to the city in recent days.

There were no coalition airstrikes on the beleaguered city since Sunday morning.

Abbas al-Bad a 50-year-old Baghdad citizen told Rudaw," The insecurity of the city is because of the absence of an official interior and defence ministers, because (Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar) Abadi cannot run all the major positions all alone."

Political analyst Amjad Hussein told Rudaw, "Abadi's selection as prime minister was optimistic, but the severe conditions we have seen in the last two weeks, including the absence of interior and defence ministers, have made people wish Nuri Al-Maliki was still holding his position."

Hamid Mutlaq, an Iraqi parliamentarian, told Rudaw, " ISIS is attempting to increase terrorist activities in different places because they can't respond to the airstrikes that have been carried out by the US-led coalition, therefore they express their anger that way."

http://rudaw.net/english/middleeast/290920141

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports 2805820865   Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports 2805820865   Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports 2805820865   Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports Empty Re: Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports

Post by Cascadian Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:28 pm

The New York Daily News is reporting that IS has moved to within 2 miles (or less) from Baghdad.  

Not sure why there is a discrepancy here.

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports Empty Re: Iraqi Strikes Halt Jihadi Advance toward Capital: Reports

Post by Cascadian Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:33 pm

BBC is reporting the 40km story as well.  It's starting to sound like there are multiple advances towards Baghdad and the Iraqi air force managed to stop or slow down one of the advances.

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum