Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people

Go down

Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people Empty Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people

Post by Ponee Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:30 am

Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people

By SINAN SALAHEDDIN
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people 4eb32bde5215731c5a0f6a706700f2e0

BAGHDAD (AP) — Attacks overnight in two Iraqi cities killed at least 16 people, officials said Monday as authorities struggle to stop the Sunni militants' offensive that has left huge areas in northern and western Iraq outside of government control.

In one of the attacks, mortar rounds rained down on Shiite neighborhoods in the town of Mahmoudiya on Sunday night, killing 11 civilians and wounding 31, a police official said. The mixed Shiite-Sunni town is about 30 kilometers (20 miles) south of Baghdad.
And in Baghdad's western suburb of Abu Ghraib, a roadside bomb struck an army patrol, killing two soldiers and three volunteers who took up arms following the Sunni militant push across Iraq in recent weeks. Eighth people were wounded in that attack, said the police official.

Two medical officials confirmed the casualty figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to talk to media.

In early January, al-Qaida breakaway extremist group known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, seized control of the city of Fallujah, west of Baghdad, as well as parts of the nearby city of Ramadi, the provincial capital of western Anbar province.
In June, the Islamic State launched a massive blitz offensive that brought large swaths of northern and western Iraq under their control.
View gallery
Overnight attacks in Iraq kill at least 16 people Dbede2ba512c6f1c5a0f6a70670049e2

In this Saturday, July 19, 2014 photo, the church of Mary is seen abandoned after Islamic militants …

So far, Iraq's security forces have struggled to retake any of the ground they surrendered to the militants over the past five weeks.

On Friday, the U.S. mission in Iraq said at least 5,576 civilians were killed and another 11,665 wounded in the first six months of this year. Another 1.2 million people have been uprooted from their homes by the violence.

The civilian deaths so far this year mark a sharp increase over the previous year, when just over 7,800 civilians killed, according to U.N.
___
Associated Press writer Murtada Faraj contributed to this report

http://news.yahoo.com/overnight-attacks-iraq-kill-least-16-people-080513489.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum