Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps

4 posters

Go down

Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  Empty Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps

Post by alleyrose Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:34 am

It has been nine years since Scott Neeson first set foot in Cambodia. Originally visiting Phnom Penh on the way to Angkor Wat, he found his life changed by a visit to Steung Meanchey. At the time, Phnom Penh’s notorious garbage dump, Steung Meanchey was home and workplace for several thousand of the region’s most impoverished and neglected children. Unwilling to walk away, Neeson set upon a path to find better lives for these children. 

After a 26-year-career in the film business, including tenure as president of 20th Century Fox International, where he oversaw the release and marketing of several of the top films of all time — 'Braveheart,' 'Titanic,' 'Star Wars' and 'X-men' — Scott left the industry to establish and personally oversee Cambodian Children's Fund as Executive Director. 

In his words: 

> My greatest joy: There is a moment when a previously neglected or abused child begins to understand that the care given is unconditional and lifelong. That is a magic moment. 

> I believe that every individual: has the power to bring about significant change, good or bad. Whether we choose to use that power — and for what purpose — defines our legacy. 

> My personal passion: photography. I have thousands of images, mostly portrait shots of the locals, especially the children. As wretched as a dwelling may be, having a photo on the wall brings colour and light. I want every child in our communities to have a photo of themselves; in 10 or 20 years’ time, when this squalor is buried in the past, I want them to remember they were here and to show their own children and grandchildren a piece of their childhood. 

> On fashion: I have about eight black t-shirts in various stages of fading. They don’t show the dirt, and I get plenty dirty in a day. I rotate four pairs of cargo-type pants — anything with plenty of pockets. I wear boots for the field work, but per local custom, most of us go barefoot around the office. 

> If I had to do it all over again: I wouldn't change a thing. I truly believe I have found where I am meant to be. Alter any part of the path that led me here, and I might never have reached this point. 

> The best part of the job: spending time at our community centre. I usually head there early evening, when we have evening classes, a food program, a medical clinic and a safe, secure place for kids to play. 

> Quotes to live by (or at least try): 

"What each must seek in his life never was on land or sea. It is something out of his own unique potentiality for experience, something that never has been and never could have been experienced by anyone else." Joseph Campbell 

"Your life is the fruit of your own doing. You have no one to blame but yourself." Joseph Campbell 

"Life is without meaning. You bring the meaning to it. The meaning of life is whatever you ascribe it to be. Being alive is the meaning." Joseph Campbell 

"I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done." Buddha 

"Stare into the abyss long and the abyss will stare back" Friedrich Nietzsche

https://www.cambodianchildrensfund.org/about-scott-neeson.html

All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.........~Gandalf~

Come visit me: www.alleysplace.net
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alleysplace1/
alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  Empty Re: Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps

Post by Ponee Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:42 am

Wonderful Post Alleyrose... thanks for sharing !

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  Empty Re: Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps

Post by Saint Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:03 am

I have flown over Phnom Penh and many other areas of the Cambodian county side during the Vietnam War. I fully understand the work he is doing as the country was devastated by the Kemir Rouge. I applaud his continuing work. Good post Allyrose been a long time since I heard any talk about Cambodia.  :okjh:  :okjh:

angel2 angel2
Saint
Saint
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:27 am

Your welcome guys I thought it was defs worth posting!

All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.........~Gandalf~

alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:01 am

One of my nieces was recently in both Cambodia and Thailand, as a nurse in Cambodia and assisting at an orphanage her church helps support in Thailand. From her reports the whole area is very needy. Human trafficking is also a very big problem there. Some of the things she encountered would just tear your heart out.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  2805820865  Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  2805820865  Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  2805820865  Scott Neeson, former head of 20th Century Fox International left Hollywood to save children rotting in Cambodia's garbage dumps  2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:12 pm

Yes it is really bad and the poor little kids have horrific lives its just not fair.

alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:58 pm

Great Article alleyrose.!!

lovelightblesings
1ness

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum