Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
More reseach on Iraq from the UN I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

More reseach on Iraq from the UN

2 posters

Go down

More reseach on Iraq from the UN Empty More reseach on Iraq from the UN

Post by IQD4US Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:42 am

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2014/sgt2938.doc.htm

21 January 2014
More reseach on Iraq from the UN Unlogo_blue_sml_enSecretary-General
SG/T/2938

Department of Public Information • News and Media Division • New York

Activities of Secretary-General in Iraq, 13-14 January

United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon arrived in Baghdad, Iraq, early in the morning of Monday, 13 January.

He first met with the Prime Minister of the country, Nouri al-Maliki, and held a joint press conference with him.  He told reporters that he was especially worried about deteriorating security in parts of Iraq and strongly condemned the terrible attacks which had targeted civilians.  He added that it was important for all political leaders to unite in their stance against terrorism and come together to stabilize the situation.

After a luncheon hosted by the Prime Minister, he met with the Speaker of the Council of Representatives, Osama al-Nujaifi.  He then held discussions with the Vice-President of Iraq, Khudair al-Khuza’e, and also met with Sarbast Mustafa, the Chairman of the Independent High Electoral Commission.  That night, the Secretary-General also had a working dinner with Hoshyar Zebari, the Foreign Minister of Iraq.

During his meetings with these officials he met in Iraq, the Secretary-General stressed that combating terrorism requires a combination of security and political measures.  He also said that all political leaders should engage in the political process through genuine dialogue in a spirit of national unity and mutual understanding.  He noted the importance of the parliamentary elections scheduled for 30 April, and said they needed to be credible and peaceful.

On Tuesday, 14 January, the Secretary-General left Baghdad for Erbil.  He first visited the Kawrgosik refugee campin Erbil Governorate.  There, he met with a refugee family and was briefed on the situation in the camp.  Speaking to reporters, the Secretary-General said that he was there to show the solidarity and support of the international community.  He said he was then going to Kuwait to chair the second High-level Pledging Conference for Syria in order to ensure that the necessary assistance was provided to Syrian refugees.  He also said he would convene the international conference on Syria the following week and called for the solidarity of the international community, and strong support for a Syrian-led peace process, so that these refugees can return to their homes.

The Secretary-General later held discussionswith the President of the Kurdistan Regional Government, Masoud Barzani, and the Prime Minister, Nechirvan Barzani, who thanked him for being the first Secretary-General to come to the region on the occasion of his visit to the Kawrgosik refugee camp.  The Secretary-General urged the Kurdistan Regional Government to keep the border open for refugees fleeing the Syrian conflict.  He also welcomed the reinvigorated dialogue between the Government of Iraq and the Kurdistan Regional Government.

He then attended a luncheon hosted by the President and the Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region before leaving Erbilearly that afternoon for Kuwait City.
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

More reseach on Iraq from the UN Empty Re: More reseach on Iraq from the UN

Post by IQD4US Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:45 am

Now I will go look at IMF - BUT - they have not had time to do the independent audit on CBI yet, not even due to be submitted until March/April.  so I don't expect anything.
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:04 am

Another great post!

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IQD4US Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:52 am

Thanks Ponee.  Thought I'd participate this week.  Been busy, still pop in, and I see all your hard work and dedication.  Thanks for all you do.
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum