Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Textbook Tony
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake

Go down

Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake Empty Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake

Post by Ponee Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:01 am

Five Reasons Why Al Qaeda’s New Currency Is a Fake

http://www.dinarupdates.com/blog/

It’s been a roller coaster year so far for the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS), one of several extremist organizations operating in Syria and Iraq in the hopes of establishing an Islamic caliphate. The group notched a major military victory in early January when it seized control of the key Iraqi cities of Fallujah and Ramadi. But even as ISIS’s trademark pennant flew above parts of Iraq’s Anbar province, the group began to lose ground in Syria, where it had carved out a major foothold in the north.

ISIS has since seen rival opposition groups turn against it, lost one of its top military commanders, and been expelled from al Qaeda. Then came the news that an ISIS operative in Iraq killed himself and 21 would-be suicide bombers in a bomb-making lesson gone wrong. But if ISIS has lost some of its military momentum in recent weeks, it may have taken an important — if largely symbolic — step toward sovereignty: issuing official banknotes, which are reportedly in circulation in Anbar.

Unfortunately for ISIS, the whole thing is almost certainly a hoax.

Here’s why:

1. ISIS got its own name wrong.

The banknote is marked “Islamic State in Iraq” in both English and Arabic, but the group’s official name is the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham. According to Adam Heffez, a researcher at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, “ISIS lately has tried to maintain its footprint in the Levant in light of recent events, so it seems unlikely that they would exclude ‘Al-Sham’ from this note.”

2. Pounds versus dinars.

The supposed ISIS banknote is worth “one Islamic hundred pounds.” But as various experts have pointed out, the Iraqi currency is the dinar. Maybe ISIS is trying to make a larger statement by abandoning the dinar, but it seems more likely that the author of this hoax simply made a careless mistake. And that isn’t the only mistake: As far as translations go, the syntax of “one Islamic hundred pounds” is just awful.

3. The note uses both Arabic and English.

Al Qaeda hasn’t shied away from using English in its propaganda efforts — Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, for example, publishes an English-language magazine called Inspire — but would ISIS really use the language of the enemy on something as symbolically important as currency? More likely our forger wanted to make sure he got Western attention.

4. It looks suspiciously like Palestinian currency.

As the BBC has pointed out, the bank note is virtually identical to a 100-pound Palestinian bill — save for the likeness of Osama Bin Laden, who is Photoshopped into the lower right-hand corner — and even shares the same serial number as one pictured on Wikipedia.

5. Missing statement of Tawheed.

According to Heffez, “ISIS’s defining image is the declaration of belief in the Tawheed or unity of Allah. Tawheed is what divides people who practice iman (belief) from people who commit kufr (heresy).” Since the declaration is on ISIS’s insignia and other documents it has produced, its absence on the banknote raises even more serious questions about the currency’s authenticity.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum