Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Textbook Tony
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody

Go down

Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody Empty Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody

Post by Horizon Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:59 am

Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody
by Joyce Meyer - posted January 27, 2014

Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.
—James 4:17, NIV
Years ago I heard a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody’s job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it. In the end, Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.
I once read about a shocking incident that shows the principles of this story at work—tragically—in real life. In 1964 Catherine Genovese was stabbed to death over a period of 35 minutes while 38 neighbors watched. Their reaction was described as cold and uncaring, a result of urban apathy and alienation. Later, research by Latane and Darley revealed that no one had helped simply because there were so many observers. The observers looked to one another for guidance on what to do. Since no one was doing anything, they determined that no one should be doing anything.
People are less likely to receive help in time of need as the number of by-standers increases. A student appearing to have an epileptic seizure was helped 85 percent of the time when only one bystander was present, but when several people were standing by and watching he received help only 31 percent of the time.
This study proves that the more people do nothing, the more people will do nothing, but if even a small group of committed people will begin to reach out to others with care and love, smiles and compliments, appreciation and respect, the movement can and will grow.
We are affected by the actions of people around us. We look to one another for direction, often without even knowing it. Most people will agree with the majority even if they really don’t agree.
If, as Christians, we want to demonstrate love to the world around us, we must become examples to others instead of merely following the crowd.
Love OthersToday: When you have the ability to help someone, don’t assume somebody else will do it. Do it yourself.

Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, Nobody 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum