Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Textbook Tony
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency

4 posters

Go down

Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency Empty Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency

Post by Ponee Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:44 am

Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency 15.1.2014

Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency Govt2255
January 15, 2014

BAGHDAD,— A rumor circulating regarding the removal of zeros from the Iraqi Dinar (ID) is false. Najiba Najib, a member of parliament (MP) from Iraq’s finance committee, recently clarified that there is no such plan in the Iraqi Parliament.

An economic expert believes that the zeros will not be removed from the Iraqi currency because the Iraqi budget is highly dependent on oil revenue.

“There is no draft law in parliament about removing zeros from the Iraqi currency,” Najib said.

She acknowledged that, “The central bank made a request to remove the zeros, but our committee refuses such requests because they are not in the interest of Iraq’s market and also, it is hard to control currency exchange - serious work needs to be done for this.”

Najib further explained that the reason the removal of zeros from the Iraqi currency has been delayed is due to the difficulty of controlling the currency during the crisis Iraq is currently experiencing regarding the exchange of 35 trillion ID in the bazaar. The federal government does not trust the central bank to be capable of carrying out this process successfully
Another MP from the finance committee, Abdul-Hussein Yassri, said that removing zeros from the ID will increase the value of the currency.

In recent years, there was a draft law prepared by the previous head of the central bank for ID to be written in both Arabic and Kurdish languages, as well as using other signs representative of minorities in Iraq. But due to disagreement with the federal government, the draft law was rejected.

Many economic analysts believe that reform in Iraq’s economy is not related to the removal of zeros from the Iraqi currency because what is happening in Iraq now is related to inflation, not zeros.

“Zeros will not be removed from the currency because the budget of Iraq is highly dependent on oil revenue” Ismael Shukur, an economic expert and university lecturer told Basnews.

Shukur noted that, “95% of the Iraqi budget comes from oil revenue, and the oil is sold in US Dollars (USD) and then gets exchanged to ID. Thus, if we remove zeros, there will be a resultant increase in deficit.”

Dr. Khalid Haidar, Economic Expert at Sulêmanî [Sulaimaniyah] University, emphasized that the economy of Iraq is not productive, and therefore, if the removal of zeros from ID takes place,www.Ekurd.net Iraq’s economy will be in a risky position and people will no longer value Iraq’s currency and will use USD instead. Dr. Haidar said such a move is not in the interest of Iraq nor the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG).

The first Iraqi currency was released in 1932. It has been changed often, the last time being in 2003 when the dictatorship regime came to end and Saddam Hussein was removed from power.

By Shwan Barzinji. Published by Ekurd.net in cooperation with Basnews.

Copyright ©, respective author or news agency, basnews.com

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency Empty Re: Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency

Post by Kevind53 Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:13 am

It seems sometimes that the only thing they can agree on is to disagree.  Rolling Eyes 

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency 2805820865  Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency 2805820865  Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency 2805820865  Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency Empty Re: Iraq unlikely to remove zeros from the currency

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:22 am

Wink I wouldn't buy into this article. It's just political football. Tomorrow or next day you'll see an article in favor of it so......the beat goes on...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:03 am

I personally am about ready to get out... I can't take this anymore

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:29 am

Ponee wrote:I personally am about ready to get out... I can't take this anymore
I know how you (we) feel but you have to realize WHO we are dealing with. Completely different culture and mindset. Proud but arrogant and fiercely divisive people. You know Ponee, one of the greatest remarks I ever heard was from a Muslim friend of mine who told me that Mohammed once said "I am Arab , but Arab are not my people". Mohammed had his hands full with the ignorance, division and sheer lack of commonality of the Arabs. 
That's also why Turks/Persians and others of the ME really resent when they  are clumped together with Arabs. They are a unique breed al right. 
Hang in there,  I hear a "friend" is making a good post later.

Back to top Go down

Post by HezekiaH Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:50 pm

This whole Dinar thing is not healthy.

Wealth is what you have when all your money is gone!!!
HezekiaH
HezekiaH
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:12 pm

HezekiaH wrote:This whole Dinar thing is not healthy.

You are soooo right HezekiaH

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:19 pm

florida guy wrote:
I know how you (we) feel but you have to realize WHO we are dealing with. Completely different culture and mindset. Proud but arrogant and fiercely divisive people. You know Ponee, one of the greatest remarks I ever heard was from a Muslim friend of mine who told me that Mohammed once said "I am Arab , but Arab are not my people". Mohammed had his hands full with the ignorance, division and sheer lack of commonality of the Arabs. 
That's also why Turks/Persians and others of the ME really resent when they  are clumped together with Arabs. They are a unique breed al right. 
Hang in there,  I hear a "friend" is making a good post later.

FG,

Can you post what your friend posting...???

Back to top Go down

Post by greenlight Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:07 am

I have 8Mil dinar ready to sell back, but I can't justify losing the markdown from the dinar traders.
I feel I need to wait for the banks to be able to exchange so the discount rate won't take as much.
greenlight
greenlight
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:41 am

I sent 2 mill back a month ago and I sent 1 mill back this morning to GID.  I am no longer able to keep ahold of this monopoly money.  I will be sending more back as time goes on, I am sure. Something is better than nothing at this point for me.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum