Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages

Go down

Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages Empty Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages

Post by Ponee Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages

Jon Southurst (@southtopia) | Published on January 4, 2014 at 15:07 GMT | 

Sina.com.cn, China’s fourth most-popular web portal, yesterday launched Sina Bitcoin Marke information pages with charts, statistics and real-time market quotes.

Sina announced the launch by saying the service was created to assist investors in understanding and discussing bitcoin market trends and relevant market knowledge. It features data gathered from Mt. Gox (USD-BTC), BTC China (CNY-BTC), and 11 more of the largest bitcoin trading platforms. It said the site aimed to be easy to use and understand, and welcomed user suggestions.
Initial reports said the response from users was mainly positive.

Sina is sometimes called “the Yahoo! of China”. Given the nature of large online and media businesses in China, any sign of bitcoin endorsement from a company as prominent as Sina can spark optimism. The same signs were noted after state media CCTV’s documentaries on bitcoin earlier in 2013. It suggests that decision-makers at some levels of China’s official hierarchy appear to find value in bitcoin.
Chinese Web Giant Sina Launches Bitcoin Information Pages Sina
Although based in mainland China, Sina’s online services are aimed at Chinese-speaking communities around the world and it has over 100 million registered users. The company also operates properties like microblogging platform Sina Weibo, Sina.net, Sina Online and Chinese mobile carrier Sina Mobile.
China has bewildered many outsiders with its regulatory statements and actions of the past month; seeming to both allow widespread access to bitcoin while simultaneously clamping down on access to entry and exit points – but not always enthusiastically.

Officially, the Chinese authorities have forbidden any financial institutions from setting bitcoin prices or dealing in digital currencies, and blocked third-party payment processors from exchanges. People are still allowed to speculate and trade them, with several of the usual warnings about associated risks.

The formerly largest exchange BTC China has moved to a voucher system to facilitate payments. Other exchanges like (now-largest) Huobi, chbtc.com and FXbtc, however, are reportedly still receiving deposits in CNY via wire transfers.

The uncertainty has had an effect on bitcoin prices over the past month. Bitcoin was at an all-time high of over $1,200 on 4th December, but lost 50% of that value after the People’s Bank announcements. It has recently climbed closer to the thousand dollar mark again, but any news from a country the size of China causes fluctuations.

At the time of writing, 1 BTC was trading for 4,710 CNY ($778.4) on BTC China and 4,728 CNY on Huobi.com.

http://www.coindesk.com/chinese-web-giant-sina-launches-bitcoin-information-pages/

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum