Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y.

Go down

Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y. Empty Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y.

Post by Ponee Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:50 am

Damaged Torah scrolls, salvaged in Iraq, buried in N.Y.
Published December 16, 2013
Associated Press

Torah scroll fragments found amid a trove of more than 2,700 books and documents in the flooded Iraqi intelligence building basement have been buried in a religious ceremony at a suburban New York cemetery.

"This project is somewhat reflective of the new Iraq," said Lukman Faily, the Iraqi ambassador to the U.S. "We are saying we would like to share and preserve the history and the heritage of the Jews, of the Christians, of the Muslims."

The artifacts were found in May 2003 after the collapse of Saddam Hussein's regime as American troops searched for weapons of mass destruction. The water system in the basement of the Baghdad building had been damaged by an unexploded bomb.

Burial is the method used for the disposal of sacred objects deemed unfit for use under Jewish law. Mold had inflicted much of the damage in this case, according to Maurice Shohet, president of the World Organization of Jews from Iraq.

Faily spoke at a service Sunday at New Montefiore Cemetery in West Babylon, Long Island. Shohet said about 120 people attended the service.

An exhibit featuring a sample of the treasure shipped to the United States after it was found was displayed for the first time this fall at the National Archives in Washington, offering a rare glimpse into a Jewish population that dates to antiquity but dispersed after Israel was created in 1948.

"This is a statement by the government and people of Iraq that we are here to respect the heritage of the Jews," Faily said.

The artifacts are expected to be returned to Iraq despite the objections of some in the Jewish community who have argued that they are part of their heritage and that there are few Jews remaining in Iraq to ensure the books are maintained.
On Monday, the Museum of Jewish Heritage — A Living Memorial to the Holocaust, in New York City, announced it would open an exhibit of some of the artifacts from Feb. 4 to May 18.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/16/damaged-torah-scrolls-salvaged-in-iraq-buried-in-ny/

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum