Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Looking for a Job in Iraq? American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq

4 posters

Go down

Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq Empty Looking for a Job in Iraq? American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq

Post by Ponee Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:39 am

Find Jobs in Iraq      FROM AMERICN CONTRACTOR

I am often asked about how one can obtain a job working in Iraq. People are always curious as to how I am able to work overseas. In fact, I am approaching 10 years working overseas.

It has not been an easy task working overseas in Iraq & Afghanistan. Working here definitely has it’s challenges. However, despite all that, there are still Americans living and working in Iraq. The first step in acquiring a job in Iraq is to have an updated resume.

This means, having your most current employer on the resume. Your work history also must be listed in chronological order starting with the most recent job and working back 7 years.
Also, make sure that all your current contact information is listed at the top of the resume. Include your full name, current email address and have your LinkedIn profile listed if you currently have one. Today, most Job recruiters are searching on LinkedIn for potential employees so this is a good bonus to have. The next step in trying to acquire a job in Iraq is to do your due diligence, your research. Find out which companies are currently still in Iraq.

Sources include, the internet, online news articles, the library and even some newspapers/news magazines. To start you off, I have included ten companies who are currently employing workers in both Iraq & Afghanistan. Check out the companies web sites and the job openings to see if there are any jobs available either in your field, or in need of your skills. After submitting your resume, write down the job number that is associated with the job your applying for and keep that for reference.

Upon submitting your resume, go to your LinkedIn account and contact a recruiter for the company you would like to apply to. Let the recruiter know that you have applied for a job/position and thank them for being accessible for future questions.

Don’t become a nuisance to the recruiter, you just want to get your LinkedIn profile in front of them and introduce yourself. That is all. The companies listed below are actively recruiting for job positions in Iraq. You have to go to each company’s web site and look for the careers web page.

**Only apply to jobs postings that you ARE QUALIFIED FOR.

1. DynCorp International
2. SOC, International
3. PAE Group
4. URS Corp
5. KS International
7. Raytheon
8. Olive Group
9. Triple Canopy
10. SOS International

Upon submitting your resume, you must continue to search for jobs until you start getting callbacks. Another thing you can do is to start networking with other civilian contractors working overseas.
You can go to Internet forums and start posting about your interest in obtaining a job in Iraq. Another thing you can do is go to online job boards such as Indeed, CareerBuilder and military hire for veterans. All of these are reputable and have current Iraq job postings listing on their websites.

The main thing is to be patient and it doesn’t hurt to find others to network with who are already employed in an overseas job. Iraq has plenty of Americans employed there and they would be a valuable source in keeping you updated on what is going on.

You can reach out to me at any time. My contact information will be at the bottom of this article. By the way, If you have a Facebook account there are numerous groups of contractors talking about their jobs and the companies working in Iraq.

Join these groups or friend them for additional tips/info. Facebook is a social media platform that can hold some valuable job information that can be of benefit to you. Note: You do not have to divulge personal information, just enough to get your account set up to start creating connections with people working overseas. If you should need any help finding these groups I would be more than happy to point you in the right direction.
The main points of this article I want to convey to you in regards to getting a job in Iraq is: Have a current resume. Go to LinkedIn and obtain a current and complete profile. Network with people that are working as overseas civilian contractors in Iraq. Get a Facebook account and connect with Facebook groups that are talking about Iraq and working overseas.

Have patience. Chances are that you will receive a phone call from a company that wants to interview you to work overseas. Again, If you should have any further questions about working overseas I would be more then willing to help answer those questions.
Just leave a comment below.

E-Mail: ac@americancontractor.com

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq Empty Re: Looking for a Job in Iraq? American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq

Post by Jayzze Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:01 pm

i just got  job starting next month  in iraq working for the goi  38000 us a month plenty of vacation  time work only 2 or 3 days a week and keep all i can steal as well as bribe money this is better then an rv
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq Empty Re: Looking for a Job in Iraq? American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq

Post by jsadallas Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:24 am

jayzze- doing what?

jsadallas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:31 am

PRIME MINISTER....  Looking for a Job in Iraq?  American Contractor discusses employment in Iraq 3508649203

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:24 pm

ponee i got a job as a member of the goi aftera long interview session in which i had to agreeyo for the 38000 a month. first i had to agree to all the vacations. secondly i must over look all thecurruption and be willing to take bribes. and lastly i most follow m orders which includes stalling and taking his money and vote foe what he wants. that was very simpleto agree to since there is not much difference here then there. i nstart work there on jan4
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by al be Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:18 pm

N
jayzze wrote:i just got  job starting next month  in iraq working for the goi  38000 us a month plenty of vacation  time work only 2 or 3 days a week and keep all i can steal as well as bribe money this is better then an rv
Hey need a gopher?

~selah

al be

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum