Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal

Go down

DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal Empty DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal

Post by alleyrose Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Wed Nov 6, 2013 10:26am EST

* Iraq oil minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk oilfield

* Kirkuk governor pledges full support for BP deal

* BP to boost output from Kirkuk oilfield

KIRKUK, Iraq, Nov 6 (Reuters) - Iraq's oil minister and the chief executive of BP paid a rare visit to the northern Kirkuk oilfield on Wednesday to win over the local government before the UK major starts to revive the field, which straddles the border with autonomous Kurdistan.

Baghdad signed a deal in early September for BP to develop the giant oilfield, allowing the company to negotiate access to significant reserves in the north in return for helping to arrest a huge decline in output.

Kirkuk's oil riches are at the centre of a crisis within the national government of Sunni, Shi'ite and Kurdish parties over how to share power. The KRG rejects BP's Kirkuk pact as illegal, because it has not been consulted.

The project has, however, won crucial support from Kirkuk's governor, Najimeldin Kareem, a Kurd.

"We will provide complete support for BP to develop Kirkuk oilfield because it will generate a significant benifit for the province in relating to petrodollar revenues", Kareem told reporters in Kirkuk.

Oil officials with Iraq's state-run North Oil Co (NOC) said Iraqi Oil Minister Abdul Kareem Luaibi accompanied BP CEO Bob Dudley to the 78-year-old oilfield - where output has slumped to around 280,000 barrels per day (bpd) from 900,000 bpd in 2001.

"BP has ambitious plans to boost production from the Kirkuk oilfield to achieve big benefits for Iraq and the people of Kirkuk," Luaibi told reporters.

The company would work on the Baghdad-administered side of the border on the Baba and Avana geological formations. Kirkuk's third formation, Khurmala, is controlled by the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) and being developed by the Iraqi Kurdish KAR group.

The agreement allows the British oil major - which already operates Iraq's biggest oilfield, Rumaila - to boost its exposure in the world's fifth biggest holder of oil reserves.

Baghdad hopes BP will eventually sign a technical service contract at Kirkuk like the one for Rumaila, an Iraqi oil source said. The company expects, however, to negotiate better commercial terms for this contract, industry sources said.

At the start, BP will spend up to $100 million to help stop Kirkuk's decline and carry out surveys to get a clear picture of the field. Iraqi officials have said they would like BP to raise production capacity to around 600,000 bpd in five years.

Iraq's central government and the KRG are locked in a widening dispute over control of oil exports, oilfields and territory that is fraying the country's uneasy federal union.

Baghdad insists it alone has the sole authority to sign deals and export oil, but Kurdistan says the constitution allows it to agree to contracts and ship oil independently of Baghdad.

Exxon, Chevron and Total have infuriated the central government by signing lucrative production sharing agreements with the KRG. BP has no interest in pursuing upstream opportunities in Kurdistan, industry sources said.

"Today's visit succeeded in securing the complete support from the local government of Kirkuk and that's exactly what was needed for BP to start developing the Kirkuk oilfield," a senior oil official told Reuters.

DARI BILIK BERITA REUTERS MELAPORKAN : Iraq minister, BP CEO visit Kirkuk to win support for oil deal 1422780_576184922454880_773225158_n
alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum