Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank

Go down

Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  Empty Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank

Post by Ponee Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank
Last Updated: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 06:00:00
Vietnam’s economy to expand at moderate pace: World Bank  Container2  
Containers waiting to be exported at a port in Ho Chi Minh City. Photo: Diep Duc Minh
Vietnam’s economy is projected to grow at a moderate rate of 5.3 percent in 2013 and 5.4 percent in 2014 as sluggish structural reforms in banking and state-owned business sectors are still weakening the growth, World Bank says.

The Washington-based development bank’s latest forecasts for Vietnam posted some revisions from its earlier projections. In April it said the country’s GDP growth will reach 5.2 percent in 2013 and 5.7 percent in 2014. Vietnam’s economy grew by 5.03 percent in 2012, the lowest level since 1999.

While Vietnam’s macroeconomic conditions have improved for the past two years with falling inflation, current account surplus, stable exchange rate, and increased reserves, the GDP growth will not be high in the medium term due to unsolved problems in banking and state owned enterprises sectors, World Bank said in the report released Monday.

The bank forecasts Vietnam’s inflation to increase from 6.8 percent in 2012 to 8.8 percent in 2013 on speculation that the gocernment will continue to ease monetary policies to boost the economic growth. The country's CPI will drop to 7.4 percent in 2014, the bank estimates.
As for the East Asia and Pacific section, the World Bank’s latest report says developing East Asia is expanding at a slower pace as China shifts from an export-oriented economy and focuses on domestic demand

Growth in larger middle income countries including Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand is also softening in light of lower investment, lower global commodity prices and lower than expected growth of exports.

According to the report, the growth forecast for developing countries in the region is 7.1 percent for 2013, and 7.2 percent for 2014. While this is a slight downward revision from World Bank projections in April 2013, developing East Asia is leading other regions.

“East Asia Pacific continues to be the engine driving the global economy, contributing 40 percent of the world’s GDP growth - more than any other region. With overall global growth accelerating, now is the time for developing economies to make structural and policy reforms to sustain growth, reduce poverty and improve the lives of the poor and vulnerable,” said Axel van Trotsenburg, World Bank East Asia and Pacific Regional Vice President.

http://www.thanhniennews.com/index/pages/20131008-vietnams-economy-to-expand-at-moderate-pace-world-bank.aspx

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum