Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing

Go down

VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing Empty VIETNAM TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing

Post by 1alaskan Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:12 pm

TPP may attract more foreign investment projects in textiles and dyeing

New wave of foreign investments in spinning, weaving and dyeing sectors has been kicked off, since investors can see the profits they can gain from the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP), according to the Vietnam Cotton and Spinning Association (VCSA).

Foreign investors are considering pouring money into the textile and dyeing projects, while keeping a close watch over the TPP negotiation process.

In fact, experts have warned about the challenges Vietnam has to face when negotiating the issues relating to the textile and garment sector. Especially, the US side may put forward the principle of product origin, which is believed to put big difficulties for Vietnam.

Nevertheless, experts say that if the involved parties can harmonize their benefits through negotiations, TPP agreement would bring big opportunities to many Vietnamese sectors which Vietnam has big advantages. Especially, big opportunities would be opened in the spinning, weaving and dyeing: TPP would not only help boost exports, tax reductions, but also create a firm driving force for the investment and development.

Nguyen Son, deputy chairman of VCSA, said TPP would give the reason for the enterprises in the sectors to increase the productivity. At the meetings with VCSA’s representatives, some Chinese enterprises revealed that they were considering the possibility of expanding business or making new investment projects in the spinning industry.

Investors still can see great potentials in the sectors in the economic crisis period, which explains why more foreign direct investment (FDI) projects have still been granted licenses recently.

Kyung Bang Vietnam, a 100 per cent South Korean invested enterprise, has spent $40 million to implement the first phase of the project on the spinning factory with the capacity of 6000 tonnes per annum in the Bau Bang Industrial Zone in Binh Duong province.

Some other investors are following necessary formalities to be able to start the construction of their factories in Vietnam. One of them is Hong Kong’s Texhong Company which would build a spinning factory with the estimated investment capital of $300 million in the Hai Yen Industrial Zone in Quang Ninh province.

The Vietnam Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has also joined forces with Japanese Itochu to set up a joint venture to run a 50,000 spindle factory, capitalized at $120 million in the Bao Minh Industrial Zone in Nam Dinh city. It is expected that the project would kick off by the end of the year.

Virginia Foote, chair of the US-Vietnam Trade Council USVTC, said Vietnam should take initiative to attract FDI into the textiles instead of sitting and waiting for South Korean, Japan and China to join TPP to ensure the principle of product origin.

The big textile factories are mostly located in South Korea, Taiwan, China and Japan. Therefore, in the immediate time, Vietnam needs to increase the export turnover in order to persuade the investors in South Korea, China and Taiwan to relocate their factories to Vietnam.

A research work of Professor Peter A.Petri from the US Brandeis University showed that when joining TPP, smaller economies such as Chile, Peru and Vietnam would see the biggest income growth rates. Vietnam may see the GDP reaching $235 billion by 2025. Meanwhile, garments and textiles may bring the export turnover of $28.5 billion by 2025.

How the Vietnamese textile and garment industry can benefit from TPP would still depend on the negotiation results. However, Ngo Chung Khanh, a senior official of the Ministry of Industry and Trade, said that Vietnamese enterprises need to take initiative to build up the strategies to access the TPP-member markets right now.

http://vietnammarkets.com/news.php?nid=8576

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum