Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Textbook Tony
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party!

Go down

Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party! Empty Al didn't get the memo from the Tea Party!

Post by mitkire Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:55 am

Al Gore's Call for U.S. 'Arab Spring' Uprising Not Well Thought Out

Mark Whittington, Yahoo! Contributor Network
Aug 4, 2011 "Contribute content like this. Start Here."

COMMENTARY | Former Vice President Al Gore, without a hint of irony, recently suggested that what the United States needs is an "Arab Spring"-style uprising in response to the debt ceiling deal. There are several problems with his thesis.

The first problem is there has already been a peaceful uprising against the federal government, active since the spring of 2009. It is called the tea party, which shares a lot of aspirations with some of the people who protested in Cairo and are now fighting to overthrow a variety of dictatorships from Libya to Syria.

Gore, of course, dismisses the idea that the tea party is the sort of rebellion that is needed. He believes, or at least said he believes, according to the Daily Caller, that the tea party is financed by a shadowy conspiracy of right-wing corporations and people seeking to destroy the government and get it out of the way for them to run rampant. This assessment would no doubt be a surprise to members of the tea party, who believe it is a spontaneous, grassroots popular movement that is beholden to no one.

The "America Spring" Gore imagines would involve people taking to the streets to demand more government, more taxation, and more spending. That is quite the opposite of a freedom movement. Attempts to jump-start such a movement, such as the "Coffee Party," have failed repeatedly.
Gore is also not thinking things through when he uses the "Arab Spring" metaphor. So far, while the Egyptian uprising has overthrown Hosni Mubarak, the country now is run by a military junta that is promising democracy at a later date.

Moreover, the Egyptian uprising has resulted in the trials of a number of former Mubarak government officials on the charges of corruption and human rights violations. This includes the former president himself, who has had to suffer the indignity of being wheeled into a court room in a hospital bed in an iron cage.

If an "Arab Spring" did overthrow the U.S. government, one wonders who would share an iron cage in the revolutionary courts that would follow and whether Gore would like it. One suspects he would not.

Sources: Al Gore: We need an American 'Arab spring', Jeff Poor, Daily Caller, August 3, 2011

Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Faces Trial in a Hospital Bed Surrounded by an Iron Cage, Mark R. Whittington, August 3, 2011

mitkire
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum