Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Cooking Corn on the Cob I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Cooking Corn on the Cob

5 posters

Go down

Cooking Corn on the Cob Empty Cooking Corn on the Cob

Post by Horizon Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:44 pm

I got this in an email today and thought it was kinda neat!!!!

Since it's corn on the cob time again, here's a refresher course on how to cook it in the Microwave

Cooking Corn on the Cob 7_4_35

This is the neatest trick I have seen in sometime. I'm going to have to try it out and see if this really works. If it does what he demonstrates, it's the slickest thing since the invention of Grandma's washing machine!
https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=YnBF6bv4Oe4&feature=youtu.be
Click here: Those Pesky Corn Silkshttp://

Cooking Corn on the Cob Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...Cooking Corn on the Cob 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Cooking Corn on the Cob Empty Re: Cooking Corn on the Cob

Post by Kevind53 Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:12 pm

ince it's corn on the cob time again, here's a refresher course on how to cook it in the Microwave

Blasphemy! You're in big trouble!!!!

Cooking Corn on the Cob Judge10

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Cooking Corn on the Cob 2805820865  Cooking Corn on the Cob 2805820865  Cooking Corn on the Cob 2805820865  Cooking Corn on the Cob 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Corn on the cob can also be cooked on the BBQ. Soak the corn (shucks and all un opened) over several hours submerged in water. remove and do not shake out the excess water. Place on the grill turing several times over an hour or so cook time. Remove peel back the shuck, butter and enjoy

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:36 am

That is a perfectly acceptable method of cooking ... along with boiling in salted (lightly) water or broiling on the BBJ sans husks.... Preferably within minutes of picking. Microwave however ..... :evil:

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Cooking Corn on the Cob 2805820865  Cooking Corn on the Cob 2805820865  Cooking Corn on the Cob 2805820865  Cooking Corn on the Cob 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:37 am

I haven't tried the microwave thing. I am one that doesn't cook in the Microwave, all I do is reheat sometimes in it.

I thought it was just cool the way the corn just came out of the shuck!

When I was young I used to hate it when we had to shuck corn!!!!!

Cooking Corn on the Cob 7_4_35

Cooking Corn on the Cob Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...Cooking Corn on the Cob 7_6_8

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:18 pm

When I was growing up, my dad would wait til the water was almost boiling and then send us out to pick and shuck the corn. we'd bring it inside and it would get a quick dip in some cold salt water (we used not pesticides and that brine would make any worms crawl out right quick,) and then into the pot ... usually less than five minutes between picking and cooking. We had about a quarter to half acre veggie garden and usually a quarter of it was corn, so I got real good at shucking.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Yeah, me too! Dad always had this huge garden, and we were always having to do something! I can remember a many nights watching TV, and shelling peas, or butter beans! Those were the days!!!!!

Funny thing, that is what I am trying to get back to doing now. Raising my own veggies!

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:44 pm

I do some, but right now we don't have the space for it ... growing up we had Veggies, strawberries, raspberries, plums, cherries, asparagus, rhubarb etc. Plus my best friends family had an apple orchard, and we also knew folks with peach and pear orchards ... we always filled the big chest freezer and lined the basement walls with canning jars.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:00 pm

That's back when 'Food' was FOOD!!:cheers:
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:47 pm

What do you think would happen if we used Rick's method of soaking the whole corn in the shucks, cooking it on the BBQ grill, and then borrow from the microwave guy's idea of cutting the corn across the base, making sure to cut through all the husks. I wonder if it would slip right out clean as a whistle that way. Anyone ever tried it?

We always had big gardens when I was growing up. My Dad was an organic gardener long before organic was cool. But we had a terrible time growing sweet corn. The deer can always find it and will raid the garden to get to it. Aside from allowing a certain percentage for the deer, he used to try planting sweet corn in the middle of a seed corn or feed corn field, hoping the deer would leave it alone. Nope, they'd pass by the less flavorful corn and go right to the sweet corn every time!

Cooking Corn on the Cob Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Cooking Corn on the Cob Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:11 pm

I'd try it, but don't forget the cornsilk- Would still be tangled up around the ears of corn- affraid
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:21 pm

terbo56 wrote:I'd try it, but don't forget the cornsilk- Would still be tangled up around the ears of corn- affraid

If the corn is cooked on the grill like Rick described, terbo, and then cut through the bottom of the cob/husks, it might work like the old guy demonstrates in his video. Just grab the top of the silk and husks, give it a shake, and the corn slides out ready for butter, salk & pepper. Might be a failure, but I think I'll try it this weekend. It could be a pretty slick new way to do corn on the grill with a minimum of clean-up.

Cooking Corn on the Cob 312044658

Cooking Corn on the Cob Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:31 pm

Ok, Sebtopdog- I'll take your word for it and try it tomorrow-I am smoking a brisket in early a.m., and it should be done medium rare by noontime,- to 1:00-Takes about 1 hour for corn on the cob on the long end of the smoker, away from the firebox- I'll give it a shot, and let you know what happens- { the volunteer fire department will be closed tomorrow, with my luck}!! In ANY event, I'll let you know how it works out!affraid Laughing :cheers: lol!
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:22 pm

SEBtopdog wrote:
We always had big gardens when I was growing up. My Dad was an organic gardener long before organic was cool. But we had a terrible time growing sweet corn. The deer can always find it and will raid the garden to get to it. Aside from allowing a certain percentage for the deer, he used to try planting sweet corn in the middle of a seed corn or feed corn field, hoping the deer would leave it alone. Nope, they'd pass by the less flavorful corn and go right to the sweet corn every time!

Same here ... we never used chemicals, the closest we came was lime to sweeten the soil as it tended to be acidic. We had acres of feed corn around our house and the deer would walk through it to steal our sweet corn... probably a 1/4 mile or more. 8) We planted for the deer ... but the raccoons and woodchucks were were not so hospitable to ....

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:05 pm

Sebtopdog and Rick152- Got everything done- Brisket AND the corn was barbed like directed- Everything came out beautifully, the corn basically 'fell' out of the husks when taken from the 'Smoker'- I would like to thank EVERYONE for instructions on how to grill corn on any type of grill, or smoker!! Kudos to everyone!!Very Happy Very Happy :cheers: Cooking Corn on the Cob 3079029344
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:57 am

Kudos-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:32 pm

Thanks, terbo, for being our chef tester on the corn. I went to the ranch market Saturday afternoon, intending to try the method we discussed on some fresh corn on the cob Sunday. And then, wouldn't you just know I bought everything BUT the corn! Cooking Corn on the Cob 437791839 So I'm going to get some this week and try it out on the weekend. Thanks, though, for reporting that you got great results. That's very encouraging ... and it sounded SO delicious! ☀

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:28 pm

Sebtopdog- It was the talk of the table- When you grill yours, just remember to turn it a quarter turn every 15-20 minutes in the hour and a half that you grill it, keeping in mind to put it on the top rack- I soaked the corn for about 2 and a half hours,before cooking it- If you only have one rack in your grille,keep an eye on the heat and the corn- Should the husks turn medium brown all the way around, you did it right!! Let me know how it turns out!!:cheers: Very Happy
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:50 pm

terbo56 wrote:Sebtopdog- It was the talk of the table- When you grill yours, just remember to turn it a quarter turn every 15-20 minutes in the hour and a half that you grill it, keeping in mind to put it on the top rack- I soaked the corn for about 2 and a half hours,before cooking it- If you only have one rack in your grille,keep an eye on the heat and the corn- Should the husks turn medium brown all the way around, you did it right!! Let me know how it turns out!!:cheers: Very Happy

OK, and thanks for the tips. Cooking Corn on the Cob 1261280965

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum