Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
What Happened May 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

What Happened May 21

2 posters

Go down

What Happened May 21 Empty What Happened May 21

Post by Ponee Mon May 21, 2012 10:51 am

• The American Red Cross was founded. (1881) Clara Barton, a nurse known as the "Angel of the Battlefield," and Adolphus Solomons founded the organization to work in conjunction with the already-established International Red Cross.
  • The "Twinkie defense" failed. (1979) Dan White was convicted of killing George Moscone and Harvey Milk, despite his claims that depression, evidenced by his increased intake of junk food, made him do it. His defense was mockingly called the "Twinkie defense," a term that has since become a catch-all for any improbable legal defense.
  • Charles Lindbergh landed in Paris after his transatlantic flight; five years later Amelia Earhart landed in Ireland. (1927,1932) Lindbergh and Earhart were the first man and woman to fly solo across the Atlantic.
  • A crazed geologist vandalized Michelangelo's Pieta. (1972) Toth attacked the statue with a geologists hammer while shouting "I am Jesus Christ — risen from the dead!" He got in 15 blows before he was stopped, and was later committed to a psychiatric hospital in lieu of being charged.
  • FIFA was founded. (1904) The Fédération Internationale de Football Association, better known as FIFA, was founded in Paris. It has since become famous for the FIFA tournament, a major global sports event.
  • The first speed-limit law for cars came into effect in the US. (1901) Connecticut enacted the first speed limit law in the US, limiting drivers to 12 mph (about 20 kph) in cities and 15 mph (about 25 kph) on country roads. It wasn't the first speed-limit law of any kind in the US though — as early as the 1600s, American colonies enacted speed limits on sleighs and carriages, measured by whether the animal pulling it was going at a walk, trot, canter, or gallop.
  • Nathan Leopold and Richard Loeb killed Bobbie Franks (1924)Leopold and Loeb were extremely well-off teenagers who decided to kill 14-year-old Franks to see if they could commit the perfect crime. The case gained national attention, and the two teens were sentenced to life in prison.
  • Martial law was declared in Montgomery, Alabama. (1961) Riots had broken out the day before when Freedom Riders were attacked and beaten, and the Attorney General eventually had to send in more than 300 federal marshals with teargas to break up the riots.
  • The 9th Street Art Exhibition took place. (1951) The show was a gathering of artists that later became the New York School, including Jackson Pollock, Willem de Kooning, and Joan Mitchell. It is considered a landmark in art history.
    Susan Lucci won the Daytime Emmy Award. (1999) Lucci won the award for All My Children after being nominated for 19 years in a row. When she finally won, the crowd gave her a several minute standing ovation, and her acceptance speech reportedly brought tears to the eyes of many in the audience.

Ponee
    Ponee
    Admin
    Admin

Back to top Go down

What Happened May 21 Empty Re: What Happened May 21

Post by rick152 Mon May 21, 2012 11:03 am

In her role as Erica Kane, Lucci, has been the subject of Love / hate for her entire career on the show. Away from the set it is widly seen that even her detractors also wept at her finally winning an award the many deemed she had deserved for near as far back as the 19 years she was nominated before winning.
    Thanks Ponee.

Susan Lucci won the Daytime Emmy Award. (1999) Lucci won the award for All My Children
    after being nominated for 19 years in a row. When she finally won, the
    crowd gave her a several minute standing ovation, and her acceptance
    speech reportedly brought tears to the eyes of many in the audience.

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
    so please;
    Love each other and yourself ...rick152
    rick152
    rick152
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum