Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
WD-40...Useful in Arthritis I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

WD-40...Useful in Arthritis

+3
SEBtopdog
rick152
Horizon
7 posters

Go down

WD-40...Useful in Arthritis Empty WD-40...Useful in Arthritis

Post by Horizon Sat May 19, 2012 11:01 am

I Thought this was interesting because my old hometown Doctor used to Swear by this! I forget the name of the chemical in WD-40 that helps your joints!

Can WD-40 oil cure arthritis?

PAT HAGAN

THOUSANDS of people around the world swear WD-40 has cured their arthritis.

Anecdotal evidence suggests there is a global craze for spraying the household lubricant on stiff knees, hips and wrists — even though it’s usually meant for jammed locks and rusty hinges.

Dozens of websites feature messages testifying to its unlikely success in easing joint pain.

Golfer Eric McKaig claims WD-40 ended his days of creaking, painful joints.

The 70-year-old retired sales manager from Stamford, Lincs, says: “It’s been an absolute godsend for me.

“WD-40 has given me a heck of a lot of relief.

“A few weeks ago, I was even running around the garden with my grandson. I haven’t been able to do that for about three years.”

The latest craze conjures up images of the Tin Man in the classic movie The Wizard Of Oz, oiling himself in the mornings to get going.

Reports that people were spraying the all-purpose lubricant on themselves first emerged around ten tears ago in the United States.

Now the manufacturers of WD-40 have been forced to issue a statement.

They say that although the spray has thousands of uses, treating stiff joints is definitely not one of them.

The company say: “WD-40 is not designed for use on the human body and has not been medically tested. If you are suffering from joint pain you should always seek advice from your GP.”

WD-40...Useful in Arthritis F_200708_August16ed_351488a

Self-sprayer ... Eric says WD-40 has been
a real godsend for him

WD-40 was originally developed in 1953 as a rust-prevention product for the aerospace industry. But it now has nearly 2,000 official uses and even has its own fan club.

On metal, it works by displacing water and grease, so that rust does not get a chance to seize up moving parts. Quite how it might work on human joints remains a mystery.

Some experts claim it is only a placebo effect, where the patients think they feel better after a quick spray.

On the other hand, the effect of massaging WD-40 into a sore joint could be what is providing relief.

Eric began getting stiff and sore joints about seven years ago.

The former professional footballer, who played for Nottingham Forest in the Fifties, had X-rays that showed his knees were crumbling.

He tried taking painkillers and supplements but found no lasting relief.

After playing golf in the day, his joints would seize up and become painful.

In the mornings, he had to sit on the side of the bed for a few minutes to gradually ease the stiffness in his legs.

Eric says: “My joints used to crack like a gun going off.”

Then golfing pal Ron Andrew, 78, let Eric in on his little secret.

He had experimented with WD-40 in his garage when the pain from arthritis in his thumb and knees became too much.

Eric says: “I sprayed my knees on Monday, then again two days later. I only used it twice.

“That was three months ago and I’ve not taken a painkiller or joint supplement since.”

Ron, who lives near Eric, tried the unlikely remedy three years ago.

He says: “There was a slope at my local golf course that used to really hurt my knees.

“But within a few days of spraying WD-40 it didn’t hurt nearly as much. I only sprayed it three or four times and I’ve been fine since. It was unbelievable.”

WD-40...Useful in Arthritis F_200708_August16ed_351489a

Arthritis ... example of problems

Arthritis expert Professor Robert Moots, from Liverpool University, said a lubricant similar to WD-40 is already used to treat stiff joints.

He says: “It’s called viscose supplementation and it’s injected into the joints.(Notice this!...the prescription cost more so they don't want you to use just the plain old WD-40)

“But by spraying the outside of the knee with WD-40 I doubt if any would actually get into the joint. I’ve no doubt people who use it do feel better but it’s probably only a simple placebo effect.”

Yet thousands of people around the world swear WD-40 has cured their arthritis.

One US fan said on a website: “My father-in-law swears by it.

“He is a retired air force mechanic and when his knuckles and knees get grouchy he squirts them with WD-40. He says it works every time.”

Another wrote: “I first saw WD-40 used for arthritis by mechanics on a regular basis back in the late Seventies. They claimed it worked and from what I saw it did.”

WD-40...Useful in Arthritis F_200708_August16ed_351490a

Well oiled ... glad if it can

No proper medical studies have been done to investigate the claims.

Most doctors warn against using it. WD-40 contains petroleum-related products that could irritate the skin.

Accidental splashes are supposed to be washed off with soap and water.

Despite this, it now has a strong following in Britain, especially in the golfing community.

Those affected by the age-related condition osteoarthritis are the anti- corrosive solution’s biggest fans.

Osteoarthritis affects millions in the UK.

By the age of 65, half of us will have it in at least one joint. It is the most common cause of disability among the elderly and is due to a breakdown of protective tissue, called cartilage, within the joints of the knee, hips, spine, wrists and shoulders.

As this degrades, unprotected bones begin to rub together, which triggers pain and inflammation.

The condition worsens because the body’s own repair mechanism tries to make new bone to replace what has been eroded.

The joints then become thickened and even more painful.

The only “cure” is an artificial replacement joint, commonly a knee or hip.

Most patients also rely on painkillers to cope with the agony, or supplements such as glucosamine to soothe their damaged joints. But Eric McKaig won’t bother with any medicine — he’s sticking to WD-40.

He says: “My joints don’t seize up and I jump straight out of bed in the mornings.”

WD-40...Useful in Arthritis Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...WD-40...Useful in Arthritis 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

WD-40...Useful in Arthritis Empty Re: WD-40...Useful in Arthritis

Post by Horizon Sat May 19, 2012 11:08 am

WD-40...Useful in Arthritis 85286986663073967_KrwkcdDi_c
WD-40 USES: 1. Protects silver from tarnishing. 2. Removes road tar and grime from cars. 3. Cleans and lubricates guitar strings. 4. Gives floors that 'just-waxed' sheen without making them slippery. 5. Keeps flies off cows. (I love this one!) 6. Restores and cleans chalkboards. 7. Removes lipstick stains. 8. Loosens stubborn zippers. 9. Untangles jewelry chains. 10. Removes stains from stainless steel sinks. 11. Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill. 12. Keeps ceramic/terra cotta ga
Another use...I use it to get knots and tangles out of my horses mane and tail...spray it on a knot that looks like you would have to cut out, and start working with it, it will untangle without having to cut it out!

WD-40...Useful in Arthritis Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...WD-40...Useful in Arthritis 7_6_8

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Sat May 19, 2012 11:12 am

WD-40, is the result of much testing. Noman clature is the name. (WD-40) W stands for water. D stands for displacment. Hence Water Displacment # 40.

Yes originally developed for N A S A to be used in the space race. There were 39 other W D's before # 40 finally was created. (odviously the first 39 didnt work as intended) Once # 40 was found to do the job, the originating scientist aquired the rights to and retired from N A S A opening his own company, since becoming a must (or nearly) in most every home and mechanics shop in America. Widely used around the world very few actually know what the W D is in W D 40 but now you do.

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sat May 19, 2012 11:14 am

That's a very interesting article, horizon. My concern is: What exactly is in WD-40? If it can actually penetrate the skin, then it's into the bloodstream. Once it's traveling all throughout the body, well I just wonder what unintended consequence that might bring.

On the other hand, I can see how people who are in great pain, perhaps just squeaking by on a budget, might give this a try. Conventional medicine may not have given them the relief they are seeking. And any of the anti-inflammatory drugs have serious potential side effects.

You've really started me thinking this morning. Thanks!

Suspect Rick152: Just read your post. And that is more very interesting info. But do you know what's actually in the stuff?

Last edited by SEBtopdog on Sat May 19, 2012 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a sentence after reading Rick152's post.)

WD-40...Useful in Arthritis Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

WD-40...Useful in Arthritis Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Sat May 19, 2012 11:29 am

The recipe for this superlube has long been a closely guarded trade secret—until now. Wired sent a can to the lab and got the ingredients.

Mineral Oil
Seriously. WD-40 is mostly a mix of baby oil, Vaseline, and the goop inside homemade lava lamps.

Decane
WD-40 contains an abundance of alkanes—hydrocarbons that match the formula CxH2x+2, usually in a long, zigzagging chain. This one, C10H22, which is also a common ingredient of gasoline, helps WD-40 remain a liquid at cold temperatures. Decane doesn't freeze until around -21 degrees Fahrenheit.

Nonane
Another alkane. One reason these molecules are so handy here: Their hydrogen atoms don't hold a charge, so they can't connect to the hydrogen or oxygen in water, which makes alkanes water-repellent. WD-40, after all, stands for "water displacement, 40th attempt."
Our lab analyzed WD-40 with gas chromatography (GC) and mass spectroscopy (MS). GC separates chemicals based on size, boiling point, and other factors, releasing them one by one over time. MS then blasts the molecules with an electron beam and tells what's what by the mass of the ionized fragments.

Tridecane and Undecane
Freeze-resistant? Check. Water- repellent? Check. Contains an alkane that is the major product of the red-banded stinkbug's scent gland? Check! Many alkanes are naturally produced by living creatures. Undecane, part of the pheromone trail left by cockroaches and ants, is present.

Tetradecane
Another alkane! Zzzzzz.

Dimethyl Naphthalene
Here's the thing: This stuff (C12H12) comes in 10 forms, called isomers. One of them is a harmless hormone given off by potatoes. Another is used in high-performance engineering plastics. Our analysis can't determine which ones are present here, but if you're using it as a solvent, as is likely the case with WD-40, they all work just fine.

Cyclohexane
That cyclo prefix means that unlike standard alkanes, which come in chains, this one's a ring. The shape gives cycloalkanes a higher melting point. And huffing them will knock you out cold. (Or so we're told.)

Carbon Dioxide
The WD-40 company claims that by using this gas as a propellant, it avoids using smaller gaseous alkanes (possibly butane and propane), which can be hazardous to the environment. As if CO2 isn't.

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Sat May 19, 2012 11:35 am

Well I guess we can look at it this way...As we get older the cushion, and fluid in our joints tend to dry out and doesn't move as good....so we spray a little WD-40 on them and it oils them to move better!!!! Kinda like a door knob not turning real good, spray on a little WD, and it starts turning better....uhhh...scratch

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sat May 19, 2012 1:05 pm

Thank you, Rick152 for that research. I know a lot more now than I did previously, although I don't understand everything I know. Razz

I've been thinking about it since reading Rick and horizon's posts. Probably a quick shot of WD-40 on a joint or two once or twice wouldn't really hurt a person. Every day ... well I'd have a problem with that because 1) that's a lot of chemicals, and 2) it would mean it's not working so what would I be thinking by doing that! scratch

Rick152 can probably completely relate to my next statement: We probably ingest a lot more harmful chemical components each and every day traveling along So CA freeways. Am I right? rabbit

WD-40...Useful in Arthritis 220px-LA_smog_masksWD-40...Useful in Arthritis 070501081737

Los Angeles ranked as the most polluted city in the nation for all categories in the report, even though LA's pollution levels have dropped. (Credit: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency)

WD-40...Useful in Arthritis Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sat May 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Not only that, Sebbie, but trust me, you would smell like a machine shop for awhile- I use WD-40, and P.B. Blaster solvents at the shop all the time, and when I get home from work, my wife can smell it before I come through the door!!Laughing
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sat May 19, 2012 1:15 pm

terbo56 wrote:Not only that, Sebbie, but trust me, you would smell like a machine shop for awhile- I use WD-40, and P.B. Blaster solvents at the shop all the time, and when I get home from work, my wife can smell it before I come through the door!!Laughing

Yes, but how's your arthritis? :geek:

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sat May 19, 2012 1:17 pm

I still have arthritis in my knees and ankles, but I make the best of it-Smile
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sat May 19, 2012 1:22 pm

terbo56 wrote:I still have arthritis in my knees and ankles, but I make the best of it-Smile

Sorry to hear that, terbo. As I continue down the road of life, I'm really understanding that line, "Getting old is not for wimps."

Take care of yourself. Maybe a shot of WD-40 on those knees and ankles would be just the thing. Wink I use something called "Topricin", and it's available at Sprouts, Whole Foods, Mothers Market and some other health food stores. It really seems to work, and it doesn't have any odor at all.

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Sat May 19, 2012 1:26 pm

sebtopdog said;
Rick152 can probably completely relate to my next statement: We probably ingest a lot more harmful chemical components each and every day traveling along So CA freeways. Am I right?

You are right. Even with the "controls" of late years we still have quite a bit of pollutants "stuck" in the air of the L A basin. As most know the L A Orange county basin is a sort of bowl that little allows winds to carry away said pollutants thus we tend to not "share" with most of the rest of the country from here. LOL. Fortunately for me I live in a part of O C that has very little in the way of these said pollutants accumulate. Much better way of life if you will. Sebbie if you want to PM me I will tell you where you can visit my shop and see / experiance this "clean air" part of the vast megalopolis we so live. (BTW the last of these places in So Cal especially the L A basin, it is so close but "feels" so far away)

so please;
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat May 19, 2012 4:14 pm

I have heard the joint thing before. Although not mentioned here, the argument that it can't hurt you because it is food grade is often used. Some of WD-40's many products are, but WDS-40 itself is NOT approved for either direct or indirect contact with food.

From the MSDS sheet:

Emergency Overview:
DANGER! Flammable aerosol. Contents under pressure. Harmful or fatal if swallowed. If swallowed, may be aspirated and cause lung damage. May cause eye irritation. Avoid eye contact. Use with adequate ventilation. Keep away from heat, sparks and all other sources of ignition.

Symptoms of Overexposure:
Inhalation: High concentrations may cause nasal and respiratory irritation and central nervous system effects such as headache, dizziness and nausea. Intentional abuse may be harmful or fatal.

Skin Contact: Prolonged and/or repeated contact may produce mild irritation and defatting with possible dermatitis.

Eye Contact: Contact may be irritating to eyes. May cause redness and tearing.

Ingestion: This product has low oral toxicity. Swallowing may cause gastrointestinal irritation, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. This product is an aspiration hazard. If swallowed, can enter the lungs and may cause chemical pneumonitis, severe lung damage and death.

Chronic Effects: None expected.

Medical Conditions Aggravated by Exposure: Preexisting eye, skin and respiratory conditions may be aggravated by exposure.

Suspected Cancer Agent:
Yes No X
3 - Composition/Information

http://www.wd40company.com/files/pdf/msds-wd494716385.pdf

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

WD-40...Useful in Arthritis 2805820865  WD-40...Useful in Arthritis 2805820865  WD-40...Useful in Arthritis 2805820865  WD-40...Useful in Arthritis 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by abby ann Sat May 19, 2012 4:17 pm

I USE 50 WT MOTOR MYSELF!!!!!
abby ann
abby ann
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by doodoo Sun May 20, 2012 11:43 am

I was on crutches for 9 mos with arthritis in my knees. Tried everything via the doc - p.t. cortisone shots, etc. Finally he shot my knees up with a drug called synovus. It was like giving an old car a lube job. Threw away my crutches 3 days later and that was 4 years ago. While they still ache slightly at times that shot sure did wonders for me.

SENATOR DOODOO
Support Term Limits for US Congress
doodoo
doodoo
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sun May 20, 2012 3:03 pm

doodoo wrote:I was on crutches for 9 mos with arthritis in my knees. Tried everything via the doc - p.t. cortisone shots, etc. Finally he shot my knees up with a drug called synovus. It was like giving an old car a lube job. Threw away my crutches 3 days later and that was 4 years ago. While they still ache slightly at times that shot sure did wonders for me.

That's great information, doodoo, that may be helpful to other folks in a similar situation. I love to hear when someone such as yourself perseveres and finds a solution without knee replacement or other surgical means. I think we should try everything ... and I mean EVERYTHING ... available to us before making the decision to go under the knife. So much can go wrong during and after an operation, even with today's amazing scientific breakthroughs! So glad you're doing well these days. Continued great health throughout all your 9 lives. :flower:

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum