Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Bank info request I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Bank info request

5 posters

Go down

Bank info request Empty Bank info request

Post by catman Wed May 02, 2012 8:50 pm

I think I have posted this here before and several other places and did not get a response. I have seen people post screen shots of the foreign currency screen from a bank, it was 2 pages long with most of the entries being zeros. Only 16 currencies had buy and sell prices, and some missing from that 16 were currencies like the KWD, Brazilian Real, Chinses Yuan, etc. My question for anyone who works or worked in this area of banking, or anyone with contacts there, is what does it take to have buy and sell prices listed for a particular currency?
catman
catman
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Bank info request Empty Re: Bank info request

Post by 1alaskan Wed May 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Not sure, but at least a reconized tradeable currency, (by the rest of the world), which as of today I don't believe the IQD is one.

This may something to do with Iraq's (Maliki's) putting so much effort into getting Iraq released from the UNSC sanction under Chapter 7.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by catman Thu May 03, 2012 1:37 am

Well, I am pretty sure that more than 16 of the world's currencies are tradable, but only 16 of them appeared on that bank screen with buy and sell prices. I'm sure many of the others are traded on Forex, but they are not bought and sold by the bank, so it must take more than just being a tradable currency to make the bank screen as one they will buy and sell. Just wondered if anyone knew what the criteria was to make the list?
catman
catman
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chevysteve Thu May 03, 2012 11:41 am

I believe that the 16 currency's that you are referring to are the most "commonly" traded currencys. We all know there are more that 16 but, many are not tradeable, exotic, etc. etc. so they don't list those per sey but I believe certain "Forex" traders and others with access can look them up.

Just my 2 cents worth..
chevysteve
chevysteve
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Thu May 03, 2012 1:03 pm

catman wrote:I think I have posted this here before and several other places and did not get a response. I have seen people post screen shots of the foreign currency screen from a bank, it was 2 pages long with most of the entries being zeros. Only 16 currencies had buy and sell prices, and some missing from that 16 were currencies like the KWD, Brazilian Real, Chinses Yuan, etc. My question for anyone who works or worked in this area of banking, or anyone with contacts there, is what does it take to have buy and sell prices listed for a particular currency?

Although I am NOT a trader in currencies but, I will add my 2 dinar worth here... More than likely just about any currency can be traded. Banks do this every night while your asleep. However the big ones like, Yen, Euro, the Pound, along with a few others would all they would really need to "post". Others would be by inquiry. Still others would be by Forex trade or another trading co.

These "standard" currencies the banks trade are one way the banks make money, sometimes make money sometimes loose money, (nature of the game)(they actually bet daily on even as small as a 1 cent change) However at the at the "business centers" of more than likely all banking institutions (which would be regionally located) one could probably buy and sell most any currency in the world for travel purposes. These exchanges can also be done in most local banks by "ordering" ahead and then said bank might bring it in for your particular purchase / exchange.

That is not to say that one might or might not use other currencies to try and profit just the "slow movers" and very well could take even more time than this endeavor here. Probably noone or any group invest in those others to look for profit.Unless of course they actually knew something was up in a said country that might cause a significant movement.So what would be the point of wasting input and / or bandwidth to post? IMO I hope this helps in some way.

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stevejss1 Thu May 03, 2012 3:42 pm

Not sure, but at least a reconized tradeable currency, (by the rest of the world), which as of today I don't believe the IQD is one.

We often hear that the IQD is not an internationally traded or recognized currency. I have couple question for you.

Did you buy any IQD?

Did it have a worth?

Can you take to an International currency bank or airport and trade it for another currency?

What does that tell you?

If it doesn't make sense it's nonsense.

Real procedures must be completed before we have a real RV. The cart cannot pull the horse!

stevejss1
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Thu May 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Try taken you IQD to any bank in the US I know of only one that bank that "trades" in it, at this point in time it is "exotic"

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum